Before 320# Now 145#

Options

Replies

• monicaP413
    Options
    Wow!!! So awesome!! You are such an inspiration!!
  • Nichole82
    Nichole82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    OMG! YOU. LOOK. FABULOUS!
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! You look absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on all your hard work! Wow!
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    WOW!! Congrats to you!!
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow. I almost cried when I looked at your pictures... it seems so impossible some days. YOU ARE AMAZING! thank you so much for sharing :)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I think you are every woman's dream body right now! Isn't it amazing that you have transfromed into looking like you are 20 years younger?? WOW! You ARE dedication to not giving up! I need your poster on my wall! Thank you for getting there! It gives the rest of us hope!!! Thank You!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • courtneykrueger
    Options
    You are GORGEOUS!! And definitely an inspiration :) I needed a little boost today, one of those "I don't know if I'm going to lose" days... and I always come to t he forums! And you did it, now I know that I really can!
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Wow!...such an inspiration! I'm now more motivated to get going!!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing and a great inspiration. Good Job!!
  • sleight119
    Options
    OMG I YOU LOOK GOOD YOU WHAT INSPIRATION YOU GIVE
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I recently posted a blog on my approach to not having loose skin with low impact exercise. I felt exercise was the key and for me slow steady weight loss. I am glad that it can be done. Your post just confirms I am going in the right direction. I am lucky I do not have to stick with low impact but many do. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
  • tslocum2001
    Options
    I was worried about loose skin too and noticed when I hit about 80 pounds that it seemed it might be a problem; but it seems like it is possible not to have that. I am at my last about 40 pounds, any advice to avoid it?
  • cytrus
    cytrus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That was quite inspiring. What made you stick to it? How did you get back on the wagon when you fell off (my problem)?
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    holy crap-ioli! you look like a 20-something body builder! way to go!!!!
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Congrats!!!! What an inspiration to us all :drinker:
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was worried about loose skin too and noticed when I hit about 80 pounds that it seemed it might be a problem; but it seems like it is possible not to have that. I am at my last about 40 pounds, any advice to avoid it?

You will not be able to completly avoid loose skin but you can reduce the amount of it by weight training. You don't have to lift heavy weight but you do need some resistance training to avoid major skin issues. If you lose weight to quickly you will also need to give your body time to let your skin come back as well.
  • Debbe1955
    Debbe1955 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration. Like you said hard work and dedicatiion. How did you stay motivated......it is so easy to get off track.:sad:
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That was quite inspiring. What made you stick to it? How did you get back on the wagon when you fell off (my problem)?

I use to start and stop diets ALL the time so I do know the frustrations. But Nov 28th 2006 my step father passed away at 55 when he went into the hospital for a heart cath. (due to poor diet and exercise) . That changed my life forever. I have two daughters and at that time they were 3 and 6. I didn't want them to grow up without a mom because I was to selfish to take care of myself. That food was more improtant to me than them. So Jan 2,2007 I started my weight loss journey. My first 100 pounds were pretty easy, and then I decided to get a divorce because it just wasn't a good relationship and he never supported me. He wanted me to stay fat. So for almost a year and a half I went into maintenace mode and exercised maybe 3x's a week. I still ate well but just didn't have the motivation to push myself. Sept 09 I ordered P90X and decided I needed to finish what I have started. I have lost 75 more pounds. So total weight loss 175. I have been maintaining my weight for about 5 months and now I have decided to go for less body fat%. And I plan on running my first half marathon in Oct this year and a full marathon of Oct next year. I keep setting goals for myself. I am not sure after that what my goals will be, but I know I will come up with something. I also plan on helping people who need to lose excessive weight. I want to be a mentor and a motivator for them. I am planning on getting my PT certificate as well. My life is def more fulfilled now that I have lost weight, and my kids are also exercising with me to stay healthy. They are now 7 and 10 and they do know the importance of exercise. They also have a much happier, healthier mother that they can be proud of! I hope nobody has to go through what I have gone through to say enough is ENOUGH.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! You inspire everyone on this site!! You looks so healthy & happy now : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!