Worst Movies Ever.....

Options

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and Punch Drunk Love. Pure awfulness there folks. I didn't even get to the end; my bf did and said I didn't miss anything. I bought it at Goodwill and it went right back.

Ugh, that was AWFUL.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Titanic

Independence Day

Mission to Mars
  • ropedancer
    Options
    Reign of Fire

Smokin' Aces (no one should attempt Tarantino-esque dialogue unless you're Tarantino)

Ultra Violet

And (sorry) I also really didn't like The Notebook, but Nicholas Sparks and I have never gotten along
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The Dark Backward. Wow, watched the entire thing and was mortified that I did so. Shame on you Bill Paxton.

Brief synopsis from IMDb:

"A man pursues stand-up comedy encouraged by his fellow garbage man. Though his friend, who accompanies him on accordion, continues to tell him how great he is, he actually stinks. When the "comedian" grows a third arm out of his back, the friend uses this twist to get him signed up with a sleazy talent agent, and it begins to look like his career is on the move, even though his girlfriend has left him"

Seriously, the synopsis doesn't even come close to describing how horrendously painful this movie was to watch. There is nothing redeeming about the movie and I found myself dry heaving during such parts as Bill Paxton eating putrefied chicken and licking a corpse.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    omigosh! i have my fair share of movies that i hate, but like every other one here is a movie i LOVE! so im out :)
  • newuser111
    Options
    Uh.... Gigli. Really awful.
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Anything with Tom Hanks in it
    and
    "I know who killed me"

Also Dances with wolves.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Snakes on a plane. Beyond stupid!
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    Zombie Virus on Mulberry Street (it's original title in the US was just Mulberry Street).

I watch a lot of low budget horror movies but this was by far the worst I have ever seen. Terrible script, terrible acting, terrible camera work, terrible everything.

The "plot" (if you could even call it that) was people mutated into half-human/half-rat creatures after being bitten by infected rats.

Ever seen "CHUDs"? Cannabalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers....worse horror flick ever in my husbands opinion. However, I still run across the bedroom to jump into bed quickly if the lights are out. (hahaha not really, but I did after the movie!)
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    The movie Watchmen was the one of the ultimate worst for me. I felt robbed of 3 hours of my life I'll never get back!!

Gotta agree with you there!! Physically painful to sit through that and watch it. Wish I had had my droid phone then, at least I could have played solitaire or read my book.
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    The Dark Backward. Wow, watched the entire thing and was mortified that I did so. Shame on you Bill Paxton.

Brief synopsis from IMDb:

"A man pursues stand-up comedy encouraged by his fellow garbage man. Though his friend, who accompanies him on accordion, continues to tell him how great he is, he actually stinks. When the "comedian" grows a third arm out of his back, the friend uses this twist to get him signed up with a sleazy talent agent, and it begins to look like his career is on the move, even though his girlfriend has left him"

Seriously, the synopsis doesn't even come close to describing how horrendously painful this movie was to watch. There is nothing redeeming about the movie and I found myself dry heaving during such parts as Bill Paxton eating putrefied chicken and licking a corpse.

Sorry, I know I'm quoting a lot of people, BUT THIS ONE....just by the synopsis alone I wouldn't have touched this movie with a ten foot pole!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Sky. Eyes Wide Shut. Pitch Black. Punch Drunk Love was pretty bad too. :sick:
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Observe and Report with Seth Rogan actually made me angry after I watched it. It was such a huge piece of crap. If I had gone to watch it in the theater I would have walked out.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Observe and Report with Seth Rogan actually made me angry after I watched it. It was such a huge piece of crap. If I had gone to watch it in the theater I would have walked out.

Oh I agree! It was so bad!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Heidi, the synopsis wouldn't have stopped us from watching it. My BF and I enjoy quirky movies and watch all sorts of things that other people would consider "bad" and we enjoy them for what they are. The movie was mentioned by a friend of ours and my BF decided that the mention was akin to a recommendation and decided to netflix it. I felt like punching our friend in the face after watching what felt like a violation of my entire psyche.

A lot of the movies people have mentioned in the thread so far are definitely not the best movies ever made but some are actually brilliantly done and it just boils down to personal taste.

Just have to add that I've seen They Live and CHUD and they both are horribly ridiculous is amazingly delightful ways.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    So many absolutely great horrible movies listed here it makes me want to que up my Netflix!!

I must add 'What Just Happened?' I can answer that question ... 104 minutes I cannot get back no matter how hard I try, and feeling even worse that Robert De Nario was in that awful movie.
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    Frostiegirl...I agree. Regarding the synopsis, I didn't mean to offend when I said "wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole". I was actually laughing as I typed that because the synopsis was soooo ridiculous. We probably would have watched it just out of curiosity at how horrible the movie would be. I feel kind of silly, cuz many of the movies mentioned on here we like. CHUD was 20 years ago..today we would probably enjoy the wackiness. Back then it was hyped as ultimate terror, hence, it sucked. In the line of ridiculously amazing I thought Snakes on a Plane, Zombieland and Slither rank right up there as bad movies that are thoroughly enjoyable.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    Half Baked......My hubby thinks its so funny, but I think its just stupid.
    HAHA! im with your hubby on that one! i love it
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Not to offend but I hated 'Inglorious *kitten*". It was trying to hard to be a comedy.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    ok I will probobly get lynched for this but I can not stand the harry potter movies
    im gonna hide now