St. Patrick's Day 4 Week Challenge Starts 2/17/11

Options

Replies

• Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Hey Gang!

Great job everyone, it's fun to see all the progress everyone is making. I'm down 2 pounds this week, CW:177 which I'm surprised about since TOM was visiting!

I do have to admit something to you all, last night I was running errands and it got to be about 9pm before I was able to eat dinner but while out and about I was considering just grabbing something to tide me over. Actually, I was at the grocery store, specifically to pick up something for a recipe and while there I thought I'd get something to nosh on, I was even looking at the "single" servings of cakes and pies they offered in the bakery. Well they were out of the thing I was there to buy and so that made it easy to skip the "bad" food, but then I thought, well, there's a McDonalds right there? I could get a snack wrap or something, that wouldn't be so bad, right? Then I paused, and I thought about you guys, that if I wanted to be successful in this challenge I needed to start now! If I'm going to help us lose 630 pounds I'm not going to do it by snacking on McDonalds! So I went straight home and made my Lean and Green meal! So thank you everyone for helping me be accountable to myself! I can't promise that I will always have that kind of will power but I'm proud of myself for doing it last night!

Congrats to everyone else who also lost this week! Keep up the great work! I'm hoping to kick it up a notch and get back to the Y since I've been sick for like 2 weeks! Ugh.

Now if you maintained or gained, I know the PC thing to say is, "It's ok, don't beat yourself up, tomorrow is a new day, bla bla bla." But I'm reminded of a topic someone posted recently that was basically about the need to be a little harder on yourself. If you're not going to get your own *kitten* in gear who will? Why do you think drill instructors are so effective? :) So please take this in the spirit in which it's intended. C'mon People! We are counting on YOU! No excuses! Put the cookie down and move your *kitten*! If you are doing everything right and still not losing, check yourself, Are you really doing everything right? Accounting for every calorie? Drinking all your water? Exercise? Can you do more? Ladies, TOM is not an excuse, I know it's a good reason but hey, I still lost 2 pounds this week, it can be done! I know plateaus happen, we get sick of dieting but remember, we are here for you, use it as motivation to work harder! Don't give up! You are awesome and you can do it!

Have a fantastic, calorie burning week! The list will hopefully be posted over the weekend, still waiting on over 30 peeps to post their CW, so check back soon!

Love Ya!
    --Heidi
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm reminded of a topic someone posted recently that was basically about the need to be a little harder on yourself. If you're not going to get your own *kitten* in gear who will? Why do you think drill instructors are so effective? :) So please take this in the spirit in which it's intended. C'mon People! We are counting on YOU! No excuses! Put the cookie down and move your *kitten*! If you are doing everything right and still not losing, check yourself, Are you really doing everything right? Accounting for every calorie? Drinking all your water? Exercise? Can you do more? Ladies, TOM is not an excuse, I know it's a good reason but hey, I still lost 2 pounds this week, it can be done! I know plateaus happen, we get sick of dieting but remember, we are here for you, use it as motivation to work harder! Don't give up! You are awesome and you can do it!

Have a fantastic, calorie burning week! The list will hopefully be posted over the weekend, still waiting on over 30 peeps to post their CW, so check back soon!

Love Ya!
    --Heidi

Thanks Heidi!! YOU ROCK! \m/ \m/
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Thanks Heidi, congrats on your weight loss and you are absolutely right about this challenge and the others I am being additional motivation but ultimately, it's up to me to eat properly and exercise. The cookie comment was directed at me wasn't it???? ( I made my husband hide the key to the girl scout cookie stash! I'm hoping he'll eat the rest while I'm at a swim meet this weekend)
  • dlangenfeld
    Options
    Well said Heidi!! We all need to motivate each other!!!!
  • scrappymomma
    scrappymomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today's weight:153
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Im on vacation and the scale I tried to weigh in on, did not reflect anything close to what I have been weighing in on,,, so for this week, please just keep me the same and I will correct with next week.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    This weeks weight: 321 (2.8lbs) :D

SW: 324.2
    Last week: 323.8
    This week: 321
    Total Lost: 3.2lbs
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    late AND bad news!

This week: 155.6

Last week: 155.2
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sorry so late:( I weighed in at 160 a gain of 1 lb BUT i lost 7 inches total. my arms gained muscle!!!! Im so excited i see the change in my body!!!!!! I feel great!!
  • jegeiger
    Options
    week 1 weight 227.8
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    sw:187
    cw:182.5
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks Heidi for the inspirational words to keep on going. :flowerforyou: I have been teetering for a while now. Back and forth, back and forth. I am trying hard but not hard enough. I had those two cookies last week, even though I counted them, but I have been slipping on some of the snacks I have putting in my mouth. Thank you again for keeping me on track. :flowerforyou:
    Hip Hip Hooray for Heidi !!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    SW:153
    CW:150
    GW:147
    Whoohoo for me a 3lb loss last week, I believe that number was due to being sick. I hope it stays off next week.:smooched:
  • madhousenmich
    madhousenmich Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I have been MIA because we went to disney last week, I forgot about Disney when I signed up to the the St. Patricks challenge but oh well I plan to stay in the challenge. I just have some catching up to do.
  • sbusch21
    Options
    SW:175.5
    CW:175

.5lb loss is still a loss!
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options
    Now if you maintained or gained, I know the PC thing to say is, "It's ok, don't beat yourself up, tomorrow is a new day, bla bla bla." But I'm reminded of a topic someone posted recently that was basically about the need to be a little harder on yourself. If you're not going to get your own *kitten* in gear who will? Why do you think drill instructors are so effective? :) So please take this in the spirit in which it's intended. C'mon People! We are counting on YOU! No excuses! Put the cookie down and move your *kitten*! If you are doing everything right and still not losing, check yourself, Are you really doing everything right? Accounting for every calorie? Drinking all your water? Exercise? Can you do more? Ladies, TOM is not an excuse, I know it's a good reason but hey, I still lost 2 pounds this week, it can be done! I know plateaus happen, we get sick of dieting but remember, we are here for you, use it as motivation to work harder! Don't give up! You are awesome and you can do it!

Love Ya!
    --Heidi

Thank you so much for writing this:flowerforyou: . I seriously need to stop eating those tempting cookies and remind myself what my goal is, to lose weight and keep it off. It won't happen with me eating that junk food :noway: .
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    SW: 155 GW: 150
  • Nekol688
    Options
    i had such a horrible week. sw:174, same weight this week. :(
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I missed posting last Thursday - my weight was 224 then. (starting weight was 227)
    I will remember this Thursday LOL...
  • niki1027
    Options
    SW 157
    CW 157