January 3-month Challenge, to start on 1/7/2011 (Friday)

Options

Replies

• jjeckels
    Options
    My Mini-Challenge Goals this week:

1. 1750 Calories M-F
    2. 64 oz of Water
    3. Under 2500 mg Sodium daily

Good Luck everyone!:bigsmile:
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Wow! Well done to everyone on their fantastic losses! I can't believe I made the top three!
    Had a GREAT day today! Went shopping with my mom for some new jeans...

So...I've always HATED jean shopping...but today I had a great time...

SO...I tried on lots more dresses....and surprisingly...they all looked great!!! My mom even said..."wow...that one makes you look so thin" and another time she said..."you look really good". I was SOOOOOOOOOO happy to hear that! Always boosts the ego ;)

At the end of the day I came home with 2 pairs of jeans and 2 dresses :)

I'm so glad to hear this; sounds like you had many wonderful NSVs!! I can't wait for the day when that is me! I hate all clothes shopping, maybe one day I will come to tolerate it!

My mini-challenge goals are:

1) Burn 2000cals Mon-Fri
    2) At least 25g of fibre per day
    3) Drink 10 cups of fluid per day

Have a good week, everyone!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok so here we go...

1. 2800 calories burned Mon-Fri
    2. Under calories daily
    3. 70 oz of water daily

I think number 3 is going to be the hardest for me! I NEVER remember to drink enough water. Im going to try for the standard 8 glasses a day this week and that will be an achievement if I pull it off! Wish me luck! :wink:
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    My goals for this weeks mini challenge

1.) Burn 1800 calories M-F
    2.) Under on Carbs daily
    3.) At least 64 oz of water daily
  • jjeckels
    Options
    Wow! Well done to everyone on their fantastic losses! I can't believe I made the top three!

SO...I tried on lots more dresses....and surprisingly...they all looked great!!! My mom even said..."wow...that one makes you look so thin" and another time she said..."you look really good". I was SOOOOOOOOOO happy to hear that! Always boosts the ego ;)

I'm so glad to hear this; sounds like you had many wonderful NSVs!! I can't wait for the day when that is me! I hate all clothes shopping, maybe one day I will come to tolerate it!

1) Burn 2000cals Mon-Fri

Quick Tip: If you like tortilla's, there are these Extreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb ones, the brand is Ole...they taste great, and one tortila has only 71 cal, BUT 12g of FIber! Great way to increase your fiber intake!!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options

1) Burn 2000cals Mon-Fri

Quick Tip: If you like tortilla's, there are these Extreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb ones, the brand is Ole...they taste great, and one tortila has only 71 cal, BUT 12g of FIber! Great way to increase your fiber intake!!!

to add on that, I just found a quaker oats bar that is 9 gr of fiber, the chocolate peanut butter one is sooo yummy! 120 cals too. They are in the granola/cereal aisle!
  • Lola_B
    Lola_B Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm getting in on this a bit late, but I'd love to join anyway :)

TWO Month goal: 20 lbs

CW: 225

Week 1 (1/28) -
    Week 2 (2/4) -
    Week 3 (2/11) -
    Week 4 (2/18) -
    Week 5 (2/25) -
    Week 6 (3/4) -
    Week 7 (3/11 )-
    Week 8 (3/18) -
    Week 9 and the END (3/25) -

MINI CHALLENGE:

1. Burn 2000 calories doing a mixture of cardio and strength
    2. Under calories for the day every day
    3. LOG my water intake!

Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck to everyone!
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options

1) Burn 2000cals Mon-Fri

to add on that, I just found a quaker oats bar that is 9 gr of fiber, the chocolate peanut butter one is sooo yummy! 120 cals too. They are in the granola/cereal aisle!

Thanks for the tips guys, but I don't think they sell those here in the UK. No fair as I love Tortillas and chocolate peanut butter is a match made in heaven in my book! Also, it seems like I'm not going to hit my fibre goal today... ]

Though...we do have Kellogg's Fiber Plus Bars in the UK though, only two flavours: Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate with Almond. I only like the first one, but I think I may have one hidden in the back of the cupboard at home..if I find it, it will push up the fibre and maybe reach my goal :-)

*goes to check how many grams of fibre are in a bar* :-)
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week...

1) 3500 calories burned

2) Under calories daily

3) Over 64 oz water daily
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Ok so here we go...

2. Under calories daily
    3. 70 oz of water daily

I think number 3 is going to be the hardest for me! I NEVER remember to drink enough water. Im going to try for the standard 8 glasses a day this week and that will be an achievement if I pull it off! Wish me luck! :wink:

My little trick for making sure I get enough water on a daily basis is that I have a 32 oz water bottle that I have with me all the time. Plus I have a Life is Good bottle that has a SUN on it that says Hello Sunshine...makes me smile when I see a sun ;) Corny...a lil cheesy but hey...it gets me drinking my water...2 a day and I have my 64 oz. I usually push 3-4 a day though :)

Just a little something that might help!
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    3. LOG my water intake!

Yeah I think that might be my goal this week too!!

Well I finished up my old job today and don't start my new one until two weeks today so I'm hoping for some serious calories burnt between now and then!

1. 3000 (ooh seems a lot but I can do it) calories burnt mon to mon
    2. under calories every day
    2. LOG my water intake!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Ok so here we go...

2. Under calories daily
    3. 70 oz of water daily

My little trick for making sure I get enough water on a daily basis is that I have a 32 oz water bottle that I have with me all the time. Plus I have a Life is Good bottle that has a SUN on it that says Hello Sunshine...makes me smile when I see a sun ;) Corny...a lil cheesy but hey...it gets me drinking my water...2 a day and I have my 64 oz. I usually push 3-4 a day though :)

Just a little something that might help!

Thanks! Why the heck have I never thought of this before?! Sheesh :) I will buy a bottle in the morning and make it my best friend for the next two weeks :) Sorted!
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Monday 28 Feb

1) Burned 518 cals
    2) Ate 27g of fibre
    3) 10 cups of fluid

:-)
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Monday Feb 28

1. Burned 1047 calories (SHOCK!) doing 30mins of weight lifting/training, 25mins running, 30mins Curves circuit workout and 50mins brisk walking. Phew!!
    2. Under calories for the day
    3. DRANK 70oz WATER! WOOHOOO!

Such a great day today!
    Here's to tomorrow being just as successful :)
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hmm...won't let me edit my original post...

1) Burned 621 cals
    2) Ate 33g of fibre
    3) 10 cups of fluid
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    {mini challenge} 1. 896 calories burned, 2. NOT under my carb goal :-/ 3. 128 ounces water consumed! I can't believe how ignorant I am about carbs! I didn't realize so many things had carbs, lol. Better luck tomorrow!

Stupid stupid carbs! Anyone have any good low carb snacks? I usually eat oatmeal and berries for breakfast, some kind of bread for lunch and some salty snack throughout the day. Whatcha guys got for me to try? :)
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Mini-challenge: 1) 1082 calories burned, 2) under 1000 net carbs...but close, 3) 128 oz. water :)
    Not a bad day...just tough to actually come up with 1000 net carbs when I burned over 1000 calories! Better tomorrow :)
  • DreeDub
    Options
    {mini challenge} 1. 896 calories burned, 2. NOT under my carb goal :-/ 3. 128 ounces water consumed! I can't believe how ignorant I am about carbs! I didn't realize so many things had carbs, lol. Better luck tomorrow!

Stupid stupid carbs! Anyone have any good low carb snacks? I usually eat oatmeal and berries for breakfast, some kind of bread for lunch and some salty snack throughout the day. Whatcha guys got for me to try? :)

I don't have any good low carb snacks that come to mind but how many carbs are you allotted per day? I thought I had a huge issue with carbs but I always seem to be under or right at goal for the day. you can check out my diary to get suggestions. I will tell you already that I do NOT eat enough fruits or vegetables on a regular basis and lately I've had a HUGE sweet tooth!
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    I get just over 100. I changed my goals manually to be 50% protein, 30% carb, 20% fat (per my old trainer! I didn't come up with that myself)
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge:

1. 768 calories burned, 2. under carbs, 3. 100 oz water