Lose 5 Pounds a Month March 2011 Challenge

Options
I challenge you to lose 5 pounds this month. That is a little over a pound a week which means that through diet and exercise you need to create a 500 calorie per day deficit. Can you do it? Join me for this challenge!

Replies

• sevelanne
    sevelanne Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Count me it!
  • ropedancer
    Options
    I'm in! I'd love to lose 5 pounds in March. It would bring me a lot closer to my goal weight.
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted! One pound per week.:noway:
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    I'm in! :-)
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    me to please!
  • mrsb82
    mrsb82 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'd love to join! Do we weigh in each week? If so what day?
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • kathy140
    Options
    COUNT ME IN TOO PLEASE!
  • Browneyez26
    Options
    Count me in!

4683722.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Manda_H
    Options
    im in.. i lost 6 in feb so i think i can do it again!
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Me me me!! Count me in!! Are we weighing in every tuesday then? :)
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!!!
  • cerissawilliams
    Options
    I ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...I LOST 8 IN FEB...READY TO LOSE ANOTHER 8 IN MARCH! LETS GO!
  • aehenson
    Options
    I'm in & running a 5k on March 26th....this will help keep me motivated to train!
  • traceybarrett
    Options
    I'm in!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I'll be back tomorrow with my starting weight. See ya then!!
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    BMK Challenge is back! For those who don't know what that is... it's a set of 2 exercise challenges and 1 food challenge that a group of my friends and I pick each Monday and they run through Sunday. I'll post the set every Monday on here. You DO NOT have to join them if you are doing the 5lb challenge. It's just something extra as a push if needed. Having a rough week exercising? Check out the BMK Challenge. Finding it hard to figure out food for the week? Check out the BMK Challenge. Only here for the 'just in case' times of the week or for those who want to participate every week. If you do decide to do that weeks challenge, feel free to post how you are doing with it. We are always looking for new ideas too, so if you have any, private message me and I'll work them in. Keep in mine, we only do things that EVERYONE has access to. So no dvd specified challenges, no gym equip..etc. With the exception of food, we do not want anyone to spend money on a challenge.

*Remember* the BMK Challenge is meant to be friendly but a challenge is still just that, a challenge. Not all are meant to be fun and easy..although many will be :wink:

And if you don't know what something is or how to do it, youtube.com is a great source as I may miss your post questioning an exercise.

And finally (Tina is on the edge of her seat, I just know it! :laugh: ) Week 1 BMK Challenge for 2011:

Exercise 1 : Walk for 1hr each day for 4days, can be 1hr staright or broken into bits throughout the day. Just get in a full hour!
    Exercise 2 : 100 calf raises total for the week
    Food : Sodium..keep your intake between 1600-2000 3days this week

Hope you enjoy them to those doing the BMK.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Here we go again! Let's do this!
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    To all the new faces..

we're very relaxed here, weigh in whenever is best for you. We like to see everyone weigh in once a week, but if not that's cool too. :) Welcome and I hope to see all of us get as close to that 5lb goal as possible!