mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'll take "Being single is better than marriage" for 800 Alex :smokin:

Oh we're talkin about kids.... Don't want 'em
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Married people live longer.

You have someone to blame when the kitchen is a mess.

I would be a basket-case, crazy cat lady without my husband. He is the world to me.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'll take "Being single is better than marriage" for 800 Alex :smokin:

Oh we're talkin about kids.... Don't want 'em

This morning I would agree. :laugh: (about the marriage)
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I've been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 16 years, together for 19...I love that man! Of course sometimes I tell HIM to do laps...he doesn't listen, but that gets him back in line. :laugh: :wink:

I vote I looooooooooooooooooooooooove being married!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Married people live longer.

You have someone to blame when the kitchen is a mess.

I would be a basket-case, crazy cat lady without my husband. He is the world to me.

Ya, someone has to bring me breakfast in bed and make my coffee!!
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've been married to my husband for a year, together for 11 years. I can't imagine life without him. Or my kids. I have single friends...they don't seem as happy as me! But everyone is different.
  • mholmes
    Options
    Well I've known my husband for almost 16 years and love him to death but I think I missed some fine print in that contract... :laugh: :angry:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Marriage is the best part of my life. Here's a Kahlil Gibran quote that I think puts it better than I ever could:
    On Marriage
    Kahlil Gibran
    You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
    You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
    Ay, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
    But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
    And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
    Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
    Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
    Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf
    Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
    Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.
    For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
    And stand together yet not too near together:
    For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
    And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Why can't we be together but not have to be married?

I enjoy calling him my SO- and I really enjoy shocking the *kitten* outta old fogies when they refer to my "boyfriend" of 3 years as my husband! :laugh:

We're still single, in the term world, but committed on so many different levels.
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For me single is best. Married to the right person could be best but that didn't happen for me.
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Got a hot date tonight with my girlfriend & my wife. It's been the same one and only great gal for 25 years. I wouldn't want it any other way for myself. For me, marriage is definitely worth any of the headaches or heartaches that come passing thru.

One vote for marriage.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Most definitely marriage for me. While perfect in no sense, I couldn't imagine not being married.
    I think alot of people are actually happier without being tied to someone but your asking me....someone who has never been without a guy since I can remember.
    (Don't say it Shannon.:laugh: )

I never had the opportunity to be on my own and sometimes I wish I could have had that chance...but...nothing will change the past.

People have unique personalities and some people are more suited for marriage while some free spirits are much more happier alone. To each his/her own.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

I enjoy calling him my SO- and I really enjoy shocking the *kitten* outta old fogies when they refer to my "boyfriend" of 3 years as my husband! :laugh:

We're still single, in the term world, but committed on so many different levels.

You mean like a "lease a man"??? With an option to upgrade or buy? :laugh: You are a crack up!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

You mean like a "lease a man"??? With an option to upgrade or buy? :laugh: You are a crack up!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • mholmes
    Options
    Most definitely marriage. While perfect in no sense, I couldn't imagine not being married.
    I think alot of people are actually happier without being tied to someone but your asking me....someone who has never been without a guy since I can remember.
    (Don't say it Shannon.:laugh: )

I've never been single as far back as I can remember.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    single anyday. maybe i'm a selfish *****, but i never understood the draw of havng to share your life with someone. sex, sure, snuggles ok, cleaning up after them, cooking for them, putting up with thei annoying friends and basically being their servant, no thanks. companionship is nice, but not so nice that i would give up my independence.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Married although sometimes :explode:

but I'm married 19 years and boy some of those years have been freakin tough -

I had the option to be single again after 15 years of marriage - I had to think long and hard - I chose my marriage - and I'm glad I did :bigsmile:
  • mholmes
    Options
    single anyday. maybe i'm a selfish *****, but i never understood the draw of havng to share your life with someone. sex, sure, snuggles ok, cleaning up after them, cooking for them, putting up with thei annoying friends and basically being their servant, no thanks. companionship is nice, but not so nice that i would give up my independence.

:drinker:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Actually, I think I've found the "perfect man" for me! Yep, sure have! We get comments all the time about how happy we are together, and we are. :wink:

But, I've been engaged before. Soooooo glad I didn't go through with it! Think of all the mess that would've created. We were just two weeks away from signing contract to buy a house. Then the light came on. :noway: We were together for 6 years, but only engaged the last 6 months. Everything on the outside was going good, but we were not meant to be.........found my upgrade! :bigsmile: