a new competition

Options

Replies

• TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    ok, so how does this all work? i'm new to the challenge thing!

i wanna be in too though

5'3 and 222lbs
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

For the new ones - we just finished our first month last week, and this friday are starting a new month, beginning Friday.

Every Friday morning we post our weight (and measurement - if you want) changes for the past week.

It's pretty motivating - and glad to have everyone on board for round 2!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm in....but didn't weigh myself at the gym this morning....I'll do that first thing in the morning and post then, from then on...it'll be on Fridays with the rest of you:drinker:

Great challenge idea:flowerforyou:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Alas, a rather crappy week weight wise, but it is truly my own fault. Just didnt feel like doing much of anything other than eating and it shows. Oh well, time to move on and do better.

Starting Weight 125
    Week 1 Weight 124.8
    Week 2 Weight 124.2
    Week 3 Weight 124.0
    Todays Weight 125
  • monica5237
    Options
    okay I have not weighed in officially yet I only do that on every other thursday at my dr but if I am correct with the scale here at work i have dropped dow from 204.6 to drum roll please............okay i am not beleiving the scale here we usually add 2 pounds to this one and get the dr scale well this one says 196 and if i added 2 pounds it would be 198 and I have wanted 199 for so long I refuse to believe it right now I have to see what the dr's scale says next thursday!!!!!guys bear with me I just don't want to get my hopes up about the 199 and then it not be there!!!!!
  • shortstack
    Options
    Hi! I'm in! I need motivation, I' ve been at a stand still for a couple of weeks, Help!!!!:frown:

4'11"
    My goal is 150
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    bumpin
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I need motivation, I' ve been at a stand still for a couple of weeks, Help!!!!:frown:

Me too. I thought the competition would give me the kick i needed. I have made bad food choices since last week. I was mostly good, but then blow it at dinner. I have exercised, but not like i should. I'm trying to work on that more.

Anyway...here goes...

Starting weight: 219

Current weight: 218
  • monica5237
    Options
    okay people here is some friendly motivation :happy: always when you are looking at food and really wanting it, think to yourself "who am i cheating?" "it is me thats who!!!"(meaning yourself) that is what i do then I turn around get some water and put LOTS of distance between me and the bad food choice. It does not always work but most of the time it does. Just look at yourself and say I want better!!!!! you can do it!!!!!!
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    OKAY SO A NEW GOAL FOR NEXT WEEK(if you want to) Since it is the last week of our competition. I SAY we should rub in all the excersise that we are doing!!!

WHY you ask????

1: It will force slackers like me to actually excersise
    2: It will give eachother new ideas
    3: It will let you see what other people are doing and maybe give you the kick in the pants you need to get out there yourself (aimed also at myself:laugh: )

So this week

Saturday go for a walk with my kids-1 mile and clentching my buns for extra muscle tone:blushing:
    Sunday i'm going to do an activity with my whole family
    Monday go to the park and play with my kids
    Tuesday 30 min workout video and 50 situps
    Wed go for a walk with my kids
    Thursday 30 min work out video and 50 situps
    Friday NOTHING:bigsmile:

So when all of you guys check back in feel free to add what you're going to do this week
    so that I can steal some of your amazing ideas:smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself Friday, but never got the time to post it here. So.. I went from 133.8 to 134. Boo, I gained .2.... I hope to see some weight change in the next week. I just got back to being serious about working out for the past 2 weeks I am hoping to see some kind of result from it soon :cry: :cry:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the exercise part:

Sunday: day off
    Monday: walk/run on treadmill 21 min, elliptical for 20 min, stair stepper for 20 min, (I get bored easily with cardio so I have to break it up between machines. :smile: :smile: )lift weights for my triceps, shoulders, biceps and back. do abs, stretch
    Tuesday: (one of the days I don't have much time to work out) elliptical for 20 min, stair stepper for 20 min and stretch
    Wednesday: Tae bo tape at home for half an hour with weights on my hands and ankles and the resistance band
    Thursday: (one of the days I don't have much time to work out) elliptical for 20 min, stair stepper for 20 min and stretch
    Friday: walk/run on treadmill 21 min, elliptical for 20 min, stair stepper for 20 min, lift weights for my legs and chest. do abs, stretch
    Saturday: day off!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Bump Bump Bumpity Bump
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    bumpin for new folks :drinker:
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    8/31- Weight 221 Waist- 41
    9/8- Weight 218.4 Waist- 40
    9/15(vacation week) -Weight- 218.6 Waist- 40
    9/22- Weight- 216.8 Waist- 39.5
  • jilldan55
    jilldan55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am in... I'll start this Friday!! I need a kick in the butt lately........

Looking forward to this:happy:
  • monica5237
    Options
    I did not log in on friday but here is my numbers i was at 204.6 and i weighed and well guys I have not gotten under my 200 BUT, I am right at it 200.4 that is 4 pounds guys 4 pounds I am extatic:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: okay only 5 oz til i am under 200 guys help me stay motivated!!!! I need this so bad
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    monica, that is so wonderful:drinker: 4 pounds is great!!!! keep up the good work, you're inspiring me:bigsmile: