New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• cytrus
    cytrus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just finished shoulders and arms. felt great! really wanted to take a nap when i got home, but my body's thanking me for the workout. I can't find my Polar HRM. will hunt for it this weekend.

Has anyone tried any of the vega shakes for recovery?
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone so far! Just keep on pushing, and you will love your results.

I actually did Plyo yesterday and finished it! I still have yet to finish that dvd until yesterday, I am pretty proud of myself! I had to take a couple breaks, but felt amazing after I had finished it. Today I did well, I am already seeing my abs and the strained muscle is doing much better today (woo! I didnt wanna not do ab ripper!) Does anyone do anything else besides the yoga dvds? I hate the yoga dvd, and am considering doing cardio & stretch instead of yoga for tomorrow. Oh and I also have 1 scoop of Body Fortress Whey Protein mixed with water right after my workout, I can really tell a big difference when I drink a recovery drink after my workouts as opposed to just drinking plain water.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading starting the Shoulders, Arm, Chest workouts. Lots of push-ups. As excited as I am to be able to actually do regular push-ups, they kill my wrists, so I hate doing them because of that.

On the other hand, I'm excited about entering into Phase 2 next week.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading starting the Shoulders, Arm, Chest workouts. Lots of push-ups. As excited as I am to be able to actually do regular push-ups, they kill my wrists, so I hate doing them because of that.

I'm starting to think I'll start doing Classic after this round.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You might want to try doing the push-ups on a yoga mat if you already have one available. I know that Tony uses those push-up handle thingy's, but some days I use the mat and I feel better.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

I actually did Plyo yesterday and finished it! I still have yet to finish that dvd until yesterday, I am pretty proud of myself! I had to take a couple breaks, but felt amazing after I had finished it. Today I did well, I am already seeing my abs and the strained muscle is doing much better today (woo! I didnt wanna not do ab ripper!) Does anyone do anything else besides the yoga dvds? I hate the yoga dvd, and am considering doing cardio & stretch instead of yoga for tomorrow. Oh and I also have 1 scoop of Body Fortress Whey Protein mixed with water right after my workout, I can really tell a big difference when I drink a recovery drink after my workouts as opposed to just drinking plain water.

LovelyE - Great job. My first time doing plyo I could only complete a half hour, then the next time I only did 40 minutes. You'll be jumping like Dominic in no time.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    You might want to try doing the push-ups on a yoga mat if you already have one available. I know that Tony uses those push-up handle thingy's, but some days I use the mat and I feel better.

I do use my yoga mat and I sometimes use dumbbells as pushup handles and it does help. I just need to keep doing them and pushing myself to gain strength. I did do several in full form the other day before I switched to my knees. I actually was able to do some of the dive bombers this time too so I'm making progress!

I didn't get in this shape overnight and know that it's going to take me more than one round to get in the shape I want to be in. I'm committed to doing this and other exercises long term. I don't intend to get where I want to be and then just quit. I know it's a lifetime commitment to be healthy.

That said, I did Shoulders and Arms today and worked it! My arms are like spaghetti noodles! I made gains in all areas on this one so that was exciting! I did better on ARX today too. I made sure I ate some protein about 2 hours before my workout and a little bit of carbs about 45-60 minutes before my workout. I think I just didn't have enough carbs in me and I was bonking. Today was better. I have to remember that with Taekwondo in there too I really need to watch that. :)
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do anything else besides the yoga dvds? I hate the yoga dvd, and am considering doing cardio & stretch instead of yoga for tomorrow.
    I hate the Yoga and its just too long. I am going to do CardioX instead. People say the Yoga is great and you should do it but its just not for some people for different reasons.
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 1 of week 3 today. Definitely feeling stronger and am able to do more push ups than two weeks ago. I have noticed that the scale is not budging at all at this point. Is anyone else experiencing no weight loss doing P90X?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 1 of week 3 today. Definitely feeling stronger and am able to do more push ups than two weeks ago. I have noticed that the scale is not budging at all at this point. Is anyone else experiencing no weight loss doing P90X?

I've only been doing it a week and a half. The scale did go down once, after a rest day but then popped right back up after a weights day! However, I now have three pairs of pants I can take off right out of the dryer without unfastening them! Something is working! :)

Hang in there.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    What does everyone use for their recovery drink? Do you use the P90x stuff? I am using Aftermax.

I'm using Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 right now. It's pretty tasty.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Day 3 down and running to boot! I'm loving this so far! I'm sore as all getup, but it's totally worth it. I have a question though...I'm following the eating plan of P90X as well, and I'm on the 1800 calorie Level 1 for the Nutrition Plan. But myfitness pal estimation is 1500 calories without exercise. adding exercise, I'm supposed to probably 2100 calories, according to MFP. Which number should I go by for best results and the healthiest weight loss?
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Definitely try using dumbbells, or you can buy pushup handles. They help a ton! I think that is why I never liked pushups before (not that I love them now..)
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I hate the yoga as well. I honestly don't have time for a 90 min session tomorrow so I will be doing cardio on my own. I may try yoga on my rest day since I barely burn calories doing it and it seems similar to stretch anyway.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 2 Day 3 of Lean (Shoulders and Arms and Ab-Ripper-X). Upped my weights from last week and had shorter breaks between reps. Overall, it was progress. Ab-Ripper-X is still a butt-kicker, but I am doing my best. I am nowhere near being able to do all 339 moves, but my abs were the biggest work in progress. I use GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Cookies and Cream and I mix it in 1% lowfat chocolate milk.

I am self-employed and I have the ability to carve out 90 minutes, so the Yoga-X routine isn't too bad for me. I look at it this way...I am as flexible as an I-Beam and and have no balance. I NEED Yoga-X and I do feel much better after the workout is done...much better prepared for Legs and Back and Ab-Ripper-X on Day 4, by far the toughest workout of Phase 1 Lean.

As for the dreaded scale, I dipped down to a new low of 214.8 pounds this Monday morning and weighed in this morning at 216.6. I think part of it is due to the fact that I just upped my protein % on MFP to 50% to match the Fat Shredder nutrition plan and my body is getting acclimated (at least that is what I hope is the case).

Good job everybody on this thread. Keep propping everybody up!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3. Did arms today. Liking it. Not the biggest fan of Yoga or Shoulders and Back. Oh well. I'm still gonna do it though. I am a person who did cardio 5 days a week before P90X. I feel like P90x is not enough cardio and need more. Only problem is its so hard to fit in when P90x is a least an hour a day. I'm going to try to do more cardio over the weekend.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just a quick check in for me tonight, not feeling too great, lots of coughing, not fun! But, not stopping me from pushing play! Today was Shoulders & Arms and I did Turbo Fire's abs instead of ARX because I get more of a burn from it. I may alternate though.

You guys are doing great!!! Love to see you all bringing it and doing your best! I am looking forward to a good long stretch tomorrow!

Now, I'm off to shower and hit the hay! I need my rest!

Have a great night!

Deb
  • stacy7533
    stacy7533 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had Legs and Back today, my favorite. I'm finally noticing a difference in my abilities on the ARX which is good! Looking forward to Kenpo tomorrow. I need to concentrate on getting my legs and hips involved more but it's hard on the carpet which doesn't allow for a lot of twist. Hopefully the second time through I'll have the moves down a hair better so I won't be completely consumed by just getting the arms right. :)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Good day all! I have survived 3 days of this business!
    This morning I did half of the Arms and Shoulders ... and 20 minutes of Plyo.
    My triceps are in misery ... and my quads really quite hurt (yesterday ran a 10K training run) ....

Tomorrow should be Yoga X - but I am going to take a kinda rest day.
    Tomorrow is the first day of the 5K prep class... and Im a mentor, so I will get a short run in as well.
    I think my body is screaming for a slight rest ....

But Friday I will do legs and back ....

Oooh those tris hurt...
    (and BTW ... am I the only person who cannot do tricep dips, how do I modify those?)
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Did Day 3 wk 2 Shoulder, Arms and ARX. Gonna need to get some heavier weights before next week. ARX still kicked my butt but for the first time I was able to do 25 In & Outs!!!!:happy: