New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Replies

• FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Week one day two DONE! Lean version here so it was cardio x tonight. My HRM stinks and doesn't read half the time so I really need to strart saving for a good one. I guess I'll just log it as circuit training until then. Great job everyone!
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 210 Member
    Well, did my core tonight. Definitely much, much stronger than previous times. Still didn't do the Dreya rolls. Planned on doing it, but at that point, I STILL somehow had dinner in my stomach that was refluxing.

I actually did a few regular push-ups, too! Probably 15 total. Probably not that perfect, but perfect enough! Proud of myself for that.

When doing the boat, and the superman/banana I kept having a 28lb toddler sitting on me and was having a hard time rolling over to the othe positions. I'd have to pick him up, set him to the side, and roll. By the time I got there, it was time to go back, and he was back to climbing on me again.

Yes, doing P90x can be a challenge to me, in more ways than one.
    Your work out sounds like mine yea havent try the dreya roll intimidating and if I do wake up late I know my kids are on top of me in the superman banana but will keep bringing it.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    so i finally got off my lazy behind & started doin plyo 2day. & 2 my disappointment my dvd started messin up. got 2 the point where it would just freeze then skip. :grumble: i finally took it out the dvd player & put it in my laptop & it plays with no issues. :noway: wtfe.... but at least i finished it & got my workout in 4 the day....

maybe i need 2 buy a new plyo dvd.. & now i'm wonderin what other dvd's in my set aren't workin correctly also :cry:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    I sucked it up and did the Plyo yesterday. I just wore my knee brace and did some of the modified moves so I wasn't hopping and spinning at the same time. My knee was hurting half way through but I stuck with it. My legs are a little sore today, but I really feel it in my back. I guess I wasn't bending properly. Anyone else have that problem?
    Pretty excited to get back to Arms today, even though I'm getting quite an arm workout at work today. Hope that doesn't mess it up.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Day 2 of Plyo killed me. Only made through 30 minutes before I couldn't get up anymore. Next week I will get through the whole thing!
  • oneIT
    What does everyone use for their recovery drink? Do you use the P90x stuff? I am using Aftermax.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    What does everyone use for their recovery drink? Do you use the P90x stuff? I am using Aftermax.

We use a pre-workout mix call Fuzion k-akg and BSN Syntha-6 whey protein for post workout/recovery/protein.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Did Cardio X day 2 of week 2 yesterday (lean version) so excited that i've stuck with it so far.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    I did get up and do Day 1 this morning. I'm really hoping to stick with this program and see some results. I know it works because I have a few friends that look amazing after completing it.

To others out there that have done this before - How long did it take before you started seeing pounds/inches lost? How much weight do you think I can expect to lose (I'm 5'4", 142lbs, 24% bf)?
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member

i actually use ovaltine with my almond milk yuuuummmmmm :love: chocolate milk done the right way is good :tongue:
  • cytrus
    cytrus Posts: 25 Member
    Just finished shoulders and arms. felt great! really wanted to take a nap when i got home, but my body's thanking me for the workout. I can't find my Polar HRM. will hunt for it this weekend.

Has anyone tried any of the vega shakes for recovery?
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Good job everyone so far! Just keep on pushing, and you will love your results.

I actually did Plyo yesterday and finished it! I still have yet to finish that dvd until yesterday, I am pretty proud of myself! I had to take a couple breaks, but felt amazing after I had finished it. Today I did well, I am already seeing my abs and the strained muscle is doing much better today (woo! I didnt wanna not do ab ripper!) Does anyone do anything else besides the yoga dvds? I hate the yoga dvd, and am considering doing cardio & stretch instead of yoga for tomorrow. Oh and I also have 1 scoop of Body Fortress Whey Protein mixed with water right after my workout, I can really tell a big difference when I drink a recovery drink after my workouts as opposed to just drinking plain water.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    I'm dreading starting the Shoulders, Arm, Chest workouts. Lots of push-ups. As excited as I am to be able to actually do regular push-ups, they kill my wrists, so I hate doing them because of that.

On the other hand, I'm excited about entering into Phase 2 next week.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    I'm dreading starting the Shoulders, Arm, Chest workouts. Lots of push-ups. As excited as I am to be able to actually do regular push-ups, they kill my wrists, so I hate doing them because of that.

I'm starting to think I'll start doing Classic after this round.
  • edorice
    You might want to try doing the push-ups on a yoga mat if you already have one available. I know that Tony uses those push-up handle thingy's, but some days I use the mat and I feel better.
  • edorice

I actually did Plyo yesterday and finished it! I still have yet to finish that dvd until yesterday, I am pretty proud of myself! I had to take a couple breaks, but felt amazing after I had finished it. Today I did well, I am already seeing my abs and the strained muscle is doing much better today (woo! I didnt wanna not do ab ripper!) Does anyone do anything else besides the yoga dvds? I hate the yoga dvd, and am considering doing cardio & stretch instead of yoga for tomorrow. Oh and I also have 1 scoop of Body Fortress Whey Protein mixed with water right after my workout, I can really tell a big difference when I drink a recovery drink after my workouts as opposed to just drinking plain water.

LovelyE - Great job. My first time doing plyo I could only complete a half hour, then the next time I only did 40 minutes. You'll be jumping like Dominic in no time.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    You might want to try doing the push-ups on a yoga mat if you already have one available. I know that Tony uses those push-up handle thingy's, but some days I use the mat and I feel better.

I do use my yoga mat and I sometimes use dumbbells as pushup handles and it does help. I just need to keep doing them and pushing myself to gain strength. I did do several in full form the other day before I switched to my knees. I actually was able to do some of the dive bombers this time too so I'm making progress!

I didn't get in this shape overnight and know that it's going to take me more than one round to get in the shape I want to be in. I'm committed to doing this and other exercises long term. I don't intend to get where I want to be and then just quit. I know it's a lifetime commitment to be healthy.

That said, I did Shoulders and Arms today and worked it! My arms are like spaghetti noodles! I made gains in all areas on this one so that was exciting! I did better on ARX today too. I made sure I ate some protein about 2 hours before my workout and a little bit of carbs about 45-60 minutes before my workout. I think I just didn't have enough carbs in me and I was bonking. Today was better. I have to remember that with Taekwondo in there too I really need to watch that. :)
  • oneIT
    Does anyone do anything else besides the yoga dvds? I hate the yoga dvd, and am considering doing cardio & stretch instead of yoga for tomorrow.
    I hate the Yoga and its just too long. I am going to do CardioX instead. People say the Yoga is great and you should do it but its just not for some people for different reasons.
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Finished Day 1 of week 3 today. Definitely feeling stronger and am able to do more push ups than two weeks ago. I have noticed that the scale is not budging at all at this point. Is anyone else experiencing no weight loss doing P90X?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    Finished Day 1 of week 3 today. Definitely feeling stronger and am able to do more push ups than two weeks ago. I have noticed that the scale is not budging at all at this point. Is anyone else experiencing no weight loss doing P90X?

I've only been doing it a week and a half. The scale did go down once, after a rest day but then popped right back up after a weights day! However, I now have three pairs of pants I can take off right out of the dryer without unfastening them! Something is working! :)

Hang in there.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member

I'm using Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 right now. It's pretty tasty.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Day 3 down and running to boot! I'm loving this so far! I'm sore as all getup, but it's totally worth it. I have a question though...I'm following the eating plan of P90X as well, and I'm on the 1800 calorie Level 1 for the Nutrition Plan. But myfitness pal estimation is 1500 calories without exercise. adding exercise, I'm supposed to probably 2100 calories, according to MFP. Which number should I go by for best results and the healthiest weight loss?
  • lizard9800

Definitely try using dumbbells, or you can buy pushup handles. They help a ton! I think that is why I never liked pushups before (not that I love them now..)
  • lizard9800

I hate the yoga as well. I honestly don't have time for a 90 min session tomorrow so I will be doing cardio on my own. I may try yoga on my rest day since I barely burn calories doing it and it seems similar to stretch anyway.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    I am on Week 2 Day 3 of Lean (Shoulders and Arms and Ab-Ripper-X). Upped my weights from last week and had shorter breaks between reps. Overall, it was progress. Ab-Ripper-X is still a butt-kicker, but I am doing my best. I am nowhere near being able to do all 339 moves, but my abs were the biggest work in progress. I use GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Cookies and Cream and I mix it in 1% lowfat chocolate milk.

I am self-employed and I have the ability to carve out 90 minutes, so the Yoga-X routine isn't too bad for me. I look at it this way...I am as flexible as an I-Beam and and have no balance. I NEED Yoga-X and I do feel much better after the workout is done...much better prepared for Legs and Back and Ab-Ripper-X on Day 4, by far the toughest workout of Phase 1 Lean.

As for the dreaded scale, I dipped down to a new low of 214.8 pounds this Monday morning and weighed in this morning at 216.6. I think part of it is due to the fact that I just upped my protein % on MFP to 50% to match the Fat Shredder nutrition plan and my body is getting acclimated (at least that is what I hope is the case).

Good job everybody on this thread. Keep propping everybody up!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Week 2 Day 3. Did arms today. Liking it. Not the biggest fan of Yoga or Shoulders and Back. Oh well. I'm still gonna do it though. I am a person who did cardio 5 days a week before P90X. I feel like P90x is not enough cardio and need more. Only problem is its so hard to fit in when P90x is a least an hour a day. I'm going to try to do more cardio over the weekend.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hey all! Just a quick check in for me tonight, not feeling too great, lots of coughing, not fun! But, not stopping me from pushing play! Today was Shoulders & Arms and I did Turbo Fire's abs instead of ARX because I get more of a burn from it. I may alternate though.

You guys are doing great!!! Love to see you all bringing it and doing your best! I am looking forward to a good long stretch tomorrow!

Now, I'm off to shower and hit the hay! I need my rest!

Have a great night!

Deb
  • stacy7533
    stacy7533 Posts: 11 Member
    I had Legs and Back today, my favorite. I'm finally noticing a difference in my abilities on the ARX which is good! Looking forward to Kenpo tomorrow. I need to concentrate on getting my legs and hips involved more but it's hard on the carpet which doesn't allow for a lot of twist. Hopefully the second time through I'll have the moves down a hair better so I won't be completely consumed by just getting the arms right. :)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Good day all! I have survived 3 days of this business!
    This morning I did half of the Arms and Shoulders ... and 20 minutes of Plyo.
    My triceps are in misery ... and my quads really quite hurt (yesterday ran a 10K training run) ....

Tomorrow should be Yoga X - but I am going to take a kinda rest day.
    Tomorrow is the first day of the 5K prep class... and Im a mentor, so I will get a short run in as well.
    I think my body is screaming for a slight rest ....

But Friday I will do legs and back ....

Oooh those tris hurt...
    (and BTW ... am I the only person who cannot do tricep dips, how do I modify those?)
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Did Day 3 wk 2 Shoulder, Arms and ARX. Gonna need to get some heavier weights before next week. ARX still kicked my butt but for the first time I was able to do 25 In & Outs!!!!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.