100+ Pounds to Lose? Come on in!

Options

Replies

• LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Hiya everbody!

I'm still here! I just haven't been posting like I'm supposed to. TOM just really took me out of the posting/blogging mood, but it's good and gone now. I'm back to my original low of 289 and ready to go! Two weeks without a loss because of TOM really SUCKS!!! It's time for that scale to go down, down, down!!!

How are y'all coming along???
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody.

I have 161 pounds to lose :frown:

I had actually joined earlier this year and had lost about 25 pounds and was making some good progress and got derailed by some health issues and never got back on track. Now I've put that 25 pounds back on an am starting at 0 again. I think I actually started the 100pound+ thread originally....
    I'd really like to make some friends and have people to be accountable to. I don't even know if anyone is still here from the beginning of the year.
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Count me in! I've just gotten started, and I have a lot to lose ... it will be nice to chat with other people in the same boat!

94705.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Welcome GoingToLoseIt :flowerforyou:

I'm still breathing - Wish me luck as I have put together a workout sdch...following it will be the hard part. :yawn:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Ahhh, the workout! i started mine up yesterday, and I swear, it's the first time I've exercised in months! I remembering some cursing and some yelling, but I finished it, and it will get better each time! Good luck with yours, and keep with it!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bumpin this one so I can find it again:laugh:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Bump!
  • jnb0203
    jnb0203 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new but I need to lose 100+ pounds, 143 to be exact.

I have a couple of questions! Where do I find this biggest loser challenge and am I too late to join it? And what is Shred?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    jnb,

When I was here at the beginning of the year the biggest loser challenge just involved following the show and posting your weight the day after and commenting on the show. Apparently it has evolved since then and there are now teams involved and everything. The first post on the losers thread tells how to get a hold of someone to get on a team. Hope that helps.

I have no clue about shred! :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hello! I'm new but I need to lose 100+ pounds, 143 to be exact.

I have a couple of questions! Where do I find this biggest loser challenge and am I too late to join it? And what is Shred?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:

In regards to joining up on the BL Challenge currently running through Dec 2, just post on "Biggest Weight Loser - Weight-In for Wk 5" ( use the search box if the thread isn't on the current list at the moment) your current weight and your goal weight for Dec 2nd.

You will then be added to a team, we have 3 teams Purple, Black and Blue team. That's all there is to it....you mail your team leader (which you'll be assigned to once they place you on a particular team) the weight you are on Tues or at the latest Weds. morning of each week:happy:

Actually you can post on here that you are interested, place your weight and goal on this thread as the cordinator of all 3 teams follows this thread as well. :drinker:

This is the BL challenge. There are now a number of open threads others have started that are merely conversations about which player someone may prefer, who they think might win etc. So if you see many threads on the topic...that's the reason. But this site or the one above would be the best one to get C.'s attention on joining.

Just jump in and ask any more questions and someone will surely help you out, hopefully I've explained it so it's understandable.:noway: :laugh:

We'd LOVE to have you join our Challenge...the more the merrier....each day new folks are joining so it's really never to late to join up. :).
  • jnb0203
    Options
    It really sounds fun I would love to join.

I have actually never watched the biggest loser, but my five year old son was when it was on the other night. He was laughing and I came out of the kitchen to see him watching it when they were sliding down the hill on the water slides. He wanted to do that!

Well I ended up watching it and never moved! I was almost in tears at the end when someone had to get voted off! :sad:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Lovely Lady....you are missed:sad: :smooched:

come play come play....you are so inspirational....we need you:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :brokenheart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    So glad I stuck to the BL Challenge...this week I lost 9 pounds! :drinker: I am estatic!! :love: and so proud of myself for hangin in this week somedays it was NOT easy...we all know those type of days:grumble:

Just had to toot my own horn just for me!! toot toot toot toot....:laugh: :laugh: :blushing: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    So glad I stuck to the BL Challenge...this week I lost 9 pounds! :drinker: I am estatic!! :love: and so proud of myself for hangin in this week somedays it was NOT easy...we all know those type of days:grumble:

Just had to toot my own horn just for me!! toot toot toot toot....:laugh: :laugh: :blushing: :drinker:

I meant to say THIS WEEK:blushing: :smooched:
  • jnb0203
    Options
    Wow that is great, congrats and keep up the good work! It helps me to keep motivated when I see others doing so well! :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Wow that is great, congrats and keep up the good work! It helps me to keep motivated when I see others doing so well! :drinker:

I know exactly what you mean, me too!:drinker:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Lovely Lady....you are missed:sad: :smooched:

come play come play....you are so inspirational....we need you:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :brokenheart:

Aww, hon...you're too sweet!:heart: I'm here and still plugging along, as usual. I've been still slacking on posting both here and in my blog. Need to get a handle on that. Food-wise I'm doing okay. Haven't really been calculating my food like I should be, but staying on plan for the most part. There were a couple of days that I overdid it on healthy food, but that was about it. I've been thinking a lot about low carb lately...that and calorie zig-zagging. I'm not going to do low carb, per se. I am, however, gonna try to cut waaay back on starchy carbs such as bread, rice, pasta, etc. The calorie zig-zag thing gives two high calorie days per week and I think I'm only going to be eating starchy carbs on those two days. I'm gonna give all this a go on Monday.

Welcome to all the newbies! It's GREAT to "see" you!!! Hugs, everybody!!!!:heart:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options

Congrats! That's fabulous! Any words of wisdom for those of us just starting out on our weight loss journeys?? I'd love to be losing 9 lbs a week! or even 5!:tongue:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options

WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!!

BEAR_flowers.gif
    Thanks LL:drinker: