canned tuna uses?

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, just finished my half-can of tuna, mixed with a finely chopped stick of celery and a good blob of natural yoghurt, seasoned with black pepper. Had it piled in spoonfuls onto strips of toasted wholemeal pitta bread. Delicious!
  • Neach
    Neach Posts: 13
    Options
    For a quick lunch, I add 1/2 can tuna (drained) to some of the ready made coleslaw. I use the vinegar and oil dressing. It is really good. I have that a couple of times a week at lunch. It is filling so that helps make the afternoon easier to bear.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Mash up an avocado, mix in a splash of lemon juice, a grind of black pepper and a small can of tuna in chilli oil (drained).
    Delicious with crackers, celery or toast.
  • kyregi
    kyregi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    All your recipes sound so good. Now I just have to get my husband to like tuna :wink:
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    bump
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Holy Hell I'm hungry now!!! I love this Tuna thread!!! :p:p:p
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    tuna mixed with salsa is great.

also eating it on cucumber slices (instead of bread or crackers) saves you a ton of calories. :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I mix a can of tuna (the lowest sodium type I can find) with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of egg whites and sometimes I'll add things like diced onions and nutritonal yeast (1-2 Tbsp). I mix it up and cook it like a pancake. Yummy! It can be topped with some greek yogurt, mayo, pico de gallo, salsa - whatever floats your boat.
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The basic mayo tuna recipe but with plenty of fresh spinach, it makes me think I am eating a very large plate of food..well I am but its all the spinach.
  • nuviag
    Options
    I mix a can of tuna (the lowest sodium type I can find) with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of egg whites and sometimes I'll add things like diced onions and nutritonal yeast (1-2 Tbsp). I mix it up and cook it like a pancake. Yummy! It can be topped with some greek yogurt, mayo, pico de gallo, salsa - whatever floats your boat.

oh man i'm going home to cook this sounds good!
    thanx
  • clipsychic
    Options
    Bump!

I hate tuna but always looking for ways that I can make it easier on my palette.
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I use the light tuna in water. Most of the time it is a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, cut up a sweet onion in it, a boiled egg, the whole can of tuna [99 calories] and put fat free vineragrette dressing over it. Another way I fix it is with 1/2 plain macaronni, a boiled egg, onion and 1 1/2 teaspoons of mayo. Sprinkle pepper on top. No salt. Both are great and I love tuna.
  • ambernwms
    ambernwms Posts: 27
    Options
    Starkist - Chunk Light Tuna (In Water)** Packet, 2.6 oz- 80 calories
    Generic - Kraft Mayo W/ Olive Oil, 1 tbsp- 45 calories
    Cavender's - All Purpose Greek Seasoning, 1/4 tsp
    Clausen - Kosher Hearty Garlic Dill Pickles - Sandwich Slices, 2 Slices 10 calories
    Nautures Own Whaet Bread - Bread, 2 slice 100 calories
    Dole - Fresh Vegetables - Green Leaf Lettuce 20 calories

its around 250 calories all together.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Would you believe its REALLY good with a vinegrette? I know Im spelling that wrong lol
  • nuviag
    Options
    . I mentioned earlier that this sounded good I just made it added spinach and sriracha chili and I've never experienced a more delicious low calorie meal I think it didn't even hit 250 calories thank u so much
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I go to tunathewonderfish.com great recipes and ideas!!
  • holly0623
    holly0623 Posts: 66
    Options
    I lovee my tuna with salsa!!
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like to make quesadillas: plain tuna, shredded cheese, black beans, tomato (anything you want really). Just make sure to use small tortillas or you might get a ton of calories from the large one.

I also like tuna with mayo in a wrap with veggies.

I've enjoyed tuna with salsa in a tortilla.

One of my new favorites are these tuna melt pizzas made with bisquik. I use the heart healthy kind, you make a dough, then you mix tuna with ranch dressing to spread on the crust, throw some tomatoes and some cheese (sparingly). Bake. Yummy yummy, and low calorie!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I buy the small cans of tuna that are flavored and put it over a salad for lunch. YUM sometimes I i put them on pumpernickel bread drained with a bit of light cream cheese as well for a light sandwich.
  • Skinny_Incognito
    Options
    Family favorite:

Bed of lettuce
    1 c lowfat cottage cheese
    1/2 can tuna
    1 slice (no idea the measurement, we always sliced it out of the can) cranberry sauce

Excellent chilled salad - perfect for a hot day!