Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Kim, any update??
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thx guys, the nurse told me that it’s still early yet and that it could be a false negative and to go back in a week if AF still hasn’t arrived. At this point I just want to know! I hate that she gave me hope, I just need for this to stop consuming my thoughts! Right now I want either a BFP or for AF to arrive (obviously you know which I really prefer).

Erica, the odds are even less than that, they’re closer to 6-9% for a take home baby! I was very much aware of this, but kept holding out hope because for some reason, I thought it was going to happen this cycle before it even started, before I even knew I would have an IUI.

So now I wait for AF who’s 3days late!
  • epa422
    Options
    Well hopefully you'll end up with a BFP in a few days! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Heather - Sorry to see you go - NOT!!!!! LOL You know what I mean.....

Ash - it is quite low %, but also still possible since AF hasn't shown!!! Keep the hopes up my fingers are still crossed.

Erica - Normal is 75-150 I think in count (they count it per something) so I guess that makes it concentration too.....The other ones to be concerned with are mobility and motility, but that can wait for the full report.

Ron - YAY! So glad to see you, hear that the heartbeat is good!!! Time is really ticking along, eh?

Jalara - Hi lady :) Hope things are going well on your journey

Kim - Any updates with court?

AFM: Reality just set in that my next clinic appt is Tuesday morning!!! Yikes!
  • epa422
    Options
    Pam, I'm thinking everything else was normal since she said it was all fine, but she didn't have access to the full report and he didn't ask for it. I don't suppose the numbers really matter that much if they're normal, you know?

That's exciting about your upcoming appointment! Scary, yes, but very exciting!!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Dang it! I deleted my whole response! ARG! Here is goes again...

History, don't worry about weighing in everyday. I do that too. Just know that it will fluctuate and don't get discouraged!

Pam, sometimes ice cream is a need and not a want! :wink: Kind of like those Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies I had last night. I was even too lazy to get up to get them, so I asked DH to get them and he did. LOL I should really train him better! :laugh: Sometimes I wish he would just say no...sometimes.

Luki, glad it went well with the rents! I'm sure that is very relieving!

Heather, I'm sad to see you go, but I'm happier that you are! Keep in touch!

Karen, stay strong! Show that clom-id who's boss!

Erica, yay for normal! I hope your dr doesn't make you wait that long. Don't they know we make ourselves crazy every month?!

RON! Glad to see you (well over here LOL, I am a regular stalker of the preggo board) Enjoy your walking! Glad to hear the morning sickness is letting up!

Hey Jalara! How have you been doing? down 4lbs?! Great job!

Ash, :cry: I'm sorry! :flowerforyou: My fingers are still crossed! An other week.... :grumble:

Lilly Update: My sis went to court (my family, pastor, and I had to stay outside) and stood in front of a mediator (not even the real judge) and was granted joint temporary custody with split weeks 3-4 days, split holidays (mornings/evenings), and counseling with physiological evaluations for both him and her. At the end of May they go and stand in front of the judge and state their full cases for the actual permanent custody and the reports from the counseling and evaluations will be looked at as well. The mediator didn't even want to hear any of the details she had prepared against him. He was told to release Lilly at 6pm tonight to my sister to start the split with 4 days, then she has to give her back to him for 3 day, then back to her for 3 and so on. They set a public meeting place while they were in court and he was already trying to change it to his place hours later! He is such a controlling pig!!! Obviously this is only the first step and is going to take a while. :frown: But at least if he messes up this time it will be against the court order and can get in trouble now!!

Nutrition: I've been doing pretty well! (well its only been 2 days, from my "new start") I am cutting way back on my snacking!

Exercise: Not happening this week. I am super busy at work and have a performance and tonight is opening night. Alvin Ailey Dance Theater is a favorite in Detroit and we are almost sold out! :bigsmile:

GOALS: 8-12 glasses of h2o
    1 snack a day (instead of 4)
    stay at or under calories at least 3 times a week
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    BFN!

NOOOOOOOOO! I don't believe it yet, till AF shows, but still, my heart hurts just for that awful limbo place you are in. Ugh. Good luck...I wish I had some coping strategies to share that didn't involve fudge tracks ice cream or fat/carb loaded goodies...but that's just where my mind is right now. (Note: My mind....I've managed to keep my mouth in better shape...but dinner will be a stretch to stay under the cals anyways. We'll see.....)
  • epa422
    Options
    Kim, I'm glad that your niece should be with her mom, soon. I'm sorry that she'll have to split time until a follow-up trial.

Any thoughts on acupuncture? My husband thinks it's quackery, but it sounds more appealing to me than drugs.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Okay -now that's I'm not distracted responding (work has been unbelievable, don't they know I have board messages to follow up on? Sheesh ...... LOL)

Kim - at least now she has a speedier course of action!!

Erica - it's true. Normal is normal! I've heard really good thigns about acupuncture - they say that it increases the likihood of fertilty treatments working 20% or something like that - hey - that's 20% better than I had before. I haven't tried it, but quite a few people I know have and they swear by it......to increase chances.

Karen - I know what you mean. My mouth is much better under control. That plus the exercise tonight should help with the weigh in next week - and avoid real upsets with yesterday's binge.

AFM: Today has been much better. Did my groceries, spent the lunch with my sister (and found my fav subway sub so far - veggie delight on Honey Oat with sub sauce......I could even change the bread and be fine). At my grocery store, I found Walden Farms products (which I haven't seen before) - it seems to be carb, sugar, fat, etc free and my friend swears by them. So we'll give them a whirl. Also, per Heather's advice, I watched the video from the diet solution and actually convinced DH to pick up spelt bread instead of the other stuff. We'll try it and see whether it's soemthing we can deal wtih.....(not convinced by the texture in the bag so far....LOL)
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Well, I was doing well till after dinner. Then I just HAD to have some fudge tracks....with a three cookie chaser. Ooops. Hubby says I'm on vacation and not to worry about it. I told him to tell that to the scale when I weigh in tomorrow morning. Haha.

I've got friends who swear by the acupuncture too. I've never tried it myself, but I know several people who have liked it. You need to make sure you go to someone who is really good though, and who specializes in fertility acupuncture....or so I've been told.

Night ladies...
  • epa422
    Options
    I went way over with my after work snack, too, Karen. I was dizzy and figured eating would help. Ha! Then I ate more dinner than I should have. Oh well... we'll get back on the horse tomorrow.
  • epa422
    Options
    Hey, Katie! My husband and I are looking at vacation ideas and we were thinking somewhere in Florida in mid- to late-April. Any thoughts on where we should. We're trying for relaxing beach vacation.
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Erica - I have been to many beaches in Florida. I lived in Alabama until I was 23 and I have lived in Tampa ever since so Florida beaches are my specialties. If you want a relaxing vacation, I would suggest 2 places to look into. My absolute favorite in Destin, FL or Seaside, FL. They are up in the Panhandle and Seaside is were they filmed a lot of The Truman Show. Those are both pretty calm places but have a little bit of night life if you want. My other favorite is Siesta Key, FL. We went there last summer for a week and I didn't want to leave. The time frame you are talking about coming is right around Spring Break here and also for some schools in Alabama. Siesta Key is probably going to be the least crowded but you can't go wrong with any of them. We have found a couple of places to stay on VRBO.com. Good luck and let me know where you decide to go, then I can give you places you have to eat!
  • epa422
    Options
    Thanks! Right now I'm just searching for a beach hotel that's affordable and not filled with bed bugs. There's one in Clearwater, Florida (the Sheraton Sand Key Resort) that looks good. I imagine anything I find will end up changing once my husband weighs in. :laugh: I'll definitely check out the areas you recommended and VRBO.com. Thanks!
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That is a nice resort. Clearwater is nice, infact that is where we go when we want to just go to the beach for a day. One problem is that it is really busy and has a lot of young people. Good luck with your decisions. Let me know if I can weigh in any more on any other places.
  • epa422
    Options
    Thanks! You're super helpful! :smile:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I had a work lunch today and picked something that was relatively healthy (let's not talk about the side of fries....LOL)....a grilled chicken with fresh herb panini. Really the only crazy thing in it was proscuitto....I asked for it to have no aiyoli since it was spicy. When I looked at the restaurant afterwards the calorie count is supposedly 1300 cals without the side.....WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no way. It was about 3oz of chicken grilled with 1 piece of prosciutto and tomatoes....that was it on two pieces of bread. This site had someone that put it in as ~500. I took that one instead and added the fries, but I'm still thinking it was WAY too high.....insanity.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I had a so so day today - ate a big dinner. Dad's birthday so I enjoyed it very much including dessert and then went bowling for an hour....

Quiet on here lately
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Ladies ready for the new week??? I am....but not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I hope to maintain - I think that's best case scenario for me this week :(
  • epa422
    Options
    I spent the weekend trying to figure out where we're going for vacation. I think we decided on St. Augustine, Florida in May. That should give me some great motivation so I look stellar in a swimming suit. However, I've done horribly this weekend. So back on track tomorrow!

Pam, it's just a number on a scale. You can get back to it this week and get moving in the right direction. One step at a time.