March Morning Workout Challenge

Options

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    It's so fun!! If you have cable, you probably have it on demand. It's billy blanks, Jr. It's aerobics with Karaoke! :) OMG it's fun! I did it for 25 minutes and I liked it so much I did 25 minutes more! It's kinda like dancing the electric slide! haha! Try it out!
    Wow that is different - I have to check this out!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Hey March Morning Madness Group! Have we gotten our early morning calorie burns out the way for our first week's challenge? If not we always have next week to get it in.

Please submit your results for week 1 in the form below and I will post tomorrow morning!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHBycXBwLWNYZjRYU1drTmd1YUlwS0E6MQ#gid=0

Ready for a new week and a new challenge! :wink:
  • zimzim23
    zimzim23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Woo, finally got up early- I only went for a walk, so I may still hit the gym later!
  • tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Out the door by 4am for a 7 mile run this morning. Great way to start the week.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I'm so excited that we all took advantage of a chance to get that early morning burn. I will be honest it was a huge challenge for me last week and managed to squeeze out 2 mornings, but it's a new week! Let's get a head start everyone!!! I received 6 March Morning Challenge members who reported their success and we burned a whopping 6725 Calories :happy: between the 6 of us (reported)!!!

FANTASTIC EVERYONE.

Week 1 Results!!!
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AjqfNf4K7Zh1dGpMNUdtRmcyTHBIRjNFU25RNHBqZFE&output=html

I will be posting Week 2 Form shortly - please check back. Let's get it started!!!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Week 2 Is in Full Swing I see! Here is the updated Week 2 Form.

***Please input your workout & calories burned by Sunday, March 13th to track our progress.***

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHlYUldZRE4zbm1PT29weFVXMFZzS3c6MA#gid=0

Results from Week 2 will be posted Monday, March 14 Morning with a new Week 3 Form to follow.

Time to get that burn in. :bigsmile:
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I definitely forgot to fill out the spreadsheet for last week! Oops. It's blocked at work so I have to remember to do it when I get home this week!

I started this week off with a morning workout so I'm in good shape!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    The graph looks great!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

I was up at 5 this morning to do my mini stepper. I've completed my Shred, also. However, my children are up so my bike will have to wait.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I didn't add my last week either. Do I have to edit the spreadsheet myself? Anyways, I only got one morning workout in last week. I set my alarm for a short run this morning, but I just couldn't do it. Hopefully I can get a couple mornings in this week.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I forgot to log back in last week! All but 3 days I've exercised each morn, Sat and Sun I didn't and Friday I didn't. But I'm back on track this morning and did a 30 power walk dvd.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I didn't add my last week either. Do I have to edit the spreadsheet myself? Anyways, I only got one morning workout in last week. I set my alarm for a short run this morning, but I just couldn't do it. Hopefully I can get a couple mornings in this week.

Hi! For this week please fill in this form whenever you complete your morning workouts: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHlYUldZRE4zbm1PT29weFVXMFZzS3c6MA#gid=0

I will collect the information your entered and post Monday morning to calculate our calorie burns - every workout counts so we can keep tally as a team.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited that we all took advantage of a chance to get that early morning burn. I will be honest it was a huge challenge for me last week and managed to squeeze out 2 mornings, but it's a new week! Let's get a head start everyone!!! I received 6 March Morning Challenge members who reported their success and we burned a whopping 6725 Calories :happy: between the 6 of us (reported)!!!

FANTASTIC EVERYONE.

Week 1 Results!!!
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AjqfNf4K7Zh1dGpMNUdtRmcyTHBIRjNFU25RNHBqZFE&output=html

I will be posting Week 2 Form shortly - please check back. Let's get it started!!!

WOW! All those cals burned with results from 6 people?! Thats Amazing! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • WanderLaura
    WanderLaura Posts: 135
    Options
    OMG I'm so sore!! haha! I didn't get up when my alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. :-/.... But I WILL get up in the morning! My goal this week is to burn 4500 calories!! :) wooo hooo!!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I started getting up early this week to get my walk in. they say you burn the most fat when you do it in the morning because overnight the biddy had no food so out pulls energy from the fat first.
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    I get up at 5:15 every morning and I'm at the gym by 6:00. My workout varies depending on my mood but I like to do intervals between the treadmill and the elliptical. The gym I use is at work so I have the place completely to myself every morning.

This morning I did 80 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I started getting up early this week to get my walk in. they say you burn the most fat when you do it in the morning because overnight the biddy had no food so out pulls energy from the fat first.

I did hear that too with working out in the morning to be the best for your body. I do notice it gives me that lil spike of energy to get my day started.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I get up at 5:15 every morning and I'm at the gym by 6:00. My workout varies depending on my mood but I like to do intervals between the treadmill and the elliptical. The gym I use is at work so I have the place completely to myself every morning.

This morning I did 80 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph.

That's great you have the gym to yourself! I love intervals too just to keep my interest and switch it up.
  • tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ran 4 miles at 9 min/mile pace at 4:00am. Much warmer today than yesterday. Feels good to get the workout in early.
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of working out in the morning! Just finished Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 this morning! My goal is 4 morning workouts this week so I'm half way there!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Ran 4 miles at 9 min/mile pace at 4:00am. Much warmer today than yesterday. Feels good to get the workout in early.

@tmccutcheon - you are getting that early early morning workout - GREAT! Please don't forget to track your weekly progress on this form for the challenge so I can record our group's success at the end of the week.

you should find your MFP name in the drop down list: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&pli=1&formkey=dHlYUldZRE4zbm1PT29weFVXMFZzS3c6MA#gid=0