Brides on a Mission: Week 10

Options

Replies

• Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 8 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Monthly weigh-ins, but in February I lost 2 pounds. I was hoping for more, but a loss is still a loss :)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Got my state tax refund :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Got really sick last weekend. High fever, really achy. Not fun :(

4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: I really like orchids and lillies, and I'm thinking warm colors like oranges, pinks, and yellows.

5. Any wedding news updates: I really need to get my butt moving, haven't really been getting much planned.

6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: I get my dressing on the sides of salads and just dip my fork in before getting my bite, that way I end up eating very little dressing which is where all the calories are :)

7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: Yeah, I have 5 pound dumbbells I use almost daily.

8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): Nope, just did the ones I normally do, didn't add the extra :(

9. Weekly wrap up: I am soooo busy and soooo stressed out. Help!!!

For my healthy "recipe" I don't have the nutrition facts, I always just add the individual ingredients to my diary. It is called "Meganne's Magic Tuna Salad". I take one avocado, peel it and mash it. I add hot sauce to taste (usually a lot, I like it spicy), and mash that up in the avocado, then I add one small can of tuna (drained) and mix that in. Sometimes I also dice a green bell pepper and add that to the mix. Lots of fiber, protein, and healthy fats- low carb and super tasty!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options

kstoller2 – The double booking thing sounded like a real nightmare. I’m glad everything worked itself out for you. Is the place a really big one? I’m kind of glad we’re getting married in a small town, rural community because stuff like this doesn’t happen. At least I hope not!*bites nails*

Shannon

Shannon - I am actually getting married in a small town in upstate NY. The place that double booked was a small family owned cottage community on a lake. They were having some family health issues at the time. Hopefully, they will not be distracted during the other bookings!
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I sooo wanted hydrangea's! But I'm glad we're incorporating them into the centerpieces and we don't have to worry about them dying in the middle of the ceremony!

I'm meeting with the person doing my dress alterations and I'll try to remember to get a photo of the dress with the shoes so you can see what it looks like, if you want since we're dress twins!! :smile:

I think including them in your centerpieces is a great call. That way you still get to have them, plus I think they look fantastic when incorporated into centerpieces!

Yes PLEASE do! Can't wait to see it. I LOVE that we're dress twins. :love:

how cute!! dress twins!! is the dress in your profile picture the dress?? I love this message board it makes me smile and trust me I need this!!!!

The dress in her heels24 profile is indeed "our dress"!! :happy:
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @greenpianokeys- I know how you feel about the FH not wanting to work out or eat right. It really did help me out a lot when he finally decided to get on board the healthy lifestyle wagon. Now we even have a little friendly competition between us to see who can burn more calories for the week and stick to calorie and h2o goals.

@lynnellec- I am going to wear blue shoes too! I am having a hard time at finding a pair that I like though. Did you order yours off line? If so where did you go?

@vanrunninggirl- I am going to go with the others on this and say that maybe you should look into a new venue. Sending the invites out in rounds is a good idea if you absolutely have to have your wedding at that venue. Who knows though maybe there will be an even better place that will fit all your needs.

@Meganne1892- That tuna recipe sounds yummy. I love avocados! I usually make a tuna salad with a few tbs of salsa and a half tbs of mayo and a little pepper. I like the added kick that the salsa gives.
  • dragonfarie
    Options
    I am excited, today at work we started this healthy living challenge. So we get pedometers and will log all our steps that we take for a month on the works website. And on the website there is a converter to calculate other activities into steps too so I can add all the workouts I do regularly on top of the pedometer readings. At the end of the 4 weeks whoever takes the most steps wins a prize. It sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Oh! And the FH and I are signing up for a race on the 20th! I am going to run the 5k and he is going to do a half marathon. (he always has to show me up) lol. But really its exciting because I am getting to the end of my c25k program and have just recently started jogging longer distances. :D I am hoping to finish between 35 and 45 minuets. We shall see.
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @greenpianokeys- I know how you feel about the FH not wanting to work out or eat right. It really did help me out a lot when he finally decided to get on board the healthy lifestyle wagon. Now we even have a little friendly competition between us to see who can burn more calories for the week and stick to calorie and h2o goals.

@lynnellec- I am going to wear blue shoes too! I am having a hard time at finding a pair that I like though. Did you order yours off line? If so where did you go?

@vanrunninggirl- I am going to go with the others on this and say that maybe you should look into a new venue. Sending the invites out in rounds is a good idea if you absolutely have to have your wedding at that venue. Who knows though maybe there will be an even better place that will fit all your needs.

@Meganne1892- That tuna recipe sounds yummy. I love avocados! I usually make a tuna salad with a few tbs of salsa and a half tbs of mayo and a little pepper. I like the added kick that the salsa gives.

I ordered mine online (http://www.shoebuy.com/nina-criana/429355) from shoebuy.com since they were slightly cheaper than on the Nina website. Plus I was able to find a promo code and signed up for their free membership, so that brought the price down to make them about $58. They don't have a huge high heel, which is what I was looking for because I didn't want to have a "Miss Congeniality" moment and fall on my face like she did coming out of the airport hanger! :laugh:
  • dragonfarie
    Options
    I am making this for dinner tonight. It sounds really yummy and I have all the ingredients on hand. :) I am going to use Linguine instead of penne, fresh grape tomatoes instead of the canned ones and shredded parmesan, romano and asiago cheese blend instead of just parmesan.

* 6 oz whole wheat penne (dry)
    * 2 boneless chicken breast
    * 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
    * 2 cups baby spinach
    * 1 tbs olive oil
    * 2 garlic cloves, minced (more or less according to taste)
    * 1 cup skim milk
    * 2 tablespoons flour, divided
    * 1/3 cup parmesan cheese

Directions:

Prep Time: 10 mins

Total Time: 20 mins

1. Prepare pasta according to package directions while preparing the sauce.
    2. Cut chicken up into cubes and set aside.
    3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
    4. Add garlic and chicken to the skillet and saute until chicken is cooked through.
    5. Add tomatoes to skillet (do not drain) and simmer.
    6. Add flour one tablespoon at a time to milk and mix until smooth with a fork or small whisk.
    7. Pour milk/flour mixture into the skillet and allow to simmer until thickened. If sauce is too thick, add a little more milk at a time until you reach desired consistency.
    8. Add baby spinach to sauce and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
    9. Add Parmesan cheese to sauce.
    10. Add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix.
    11. 11 Serve hot and enjoy!

I added it to mfp and at 4 servings it is
    353 cals, 44 carbs, 9g fat, 26g protein

I don't think that is bad for a cheesy creamy pasta dish :happy:
  • dragonfarie
    Options

I ordered mine online (http://www.shoebuy.com/nina-criana/429355) from shoebuy.com since they were slightly cheaper than on the Nina website. Plus I was able to find a promo code and signed up for their free membership, so that brought the price down to make them about $58. They don't have a huge high heel, which is what I was looking for because I didn't want to have a "Miss Congeniality" moment and fall on my face like she did coming out of the airport hanger! :laugh:

Those are pretty! Yeah It would be awful if the one thing people remember about my wedding is that I fell flat on my face walking down the isle. LOL
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

OMG i swear i'm burning calories stressing over this damn wedding that i don't even have a ring for yet!!! PLEASE tell me the planning is more difficult in the beginning and then it gets easier?!?!?!

ok, so i will send a more detailed update about our plans in the works later on today (already late for work, haha, eek!!!) but i just wanted to know if anyone had any creative ideas about how to CUT the guestlist? the venue we are in love with has a MAX capacity of 37 people. i hadn't realized how few that is until we started crunching numbers. 2 of those bums in seats will just be me and my husband-to-be, that leaves 35 seats. we're thinking of doing invitations in rounds (ie. send out to the must have at our wedding people, see how many can actually make it, and then invite others after if we have availability). My list is scraped to family ONLY - not a single friend, which in the end will NOT work, there are at least 2 girlfriends i can think of that MUST be there. I'm just hoping and praying 2 family members won't be able to attend so i can squeeze the girlfriends in (and luckily they're both single). But, that list, with one whole family that i dislike and don't see much on my mom's side, is 22!!! Eeek, I only get 18!!!! Do you think the fiance should have to sacrifice 4 of his 17? He's only got 12 crucial family members, but he isn't inviting any cousins, and I am.

AAHHH, any suggestions? Should I call everyone first?

Oh and the venue event planner lady is not getting back to me, 2 weeks of one-sided communication from me, is this a terrible sign?

This probably isn't the answer you'll want to hear but I think you need to find a different venue. Your wedding is about the people who are there to witness your marriage and celebrate. 35 people is tiny and I just think you're going to regret not being able to invite some of the people who are close to you. If you really only had 35 people you wanted there then I'd say go for it but it sounds like you're going to have to cut people out that should be there. There are lots of places that you can get married and you're still early in the planning - keep looking! You shouldn't have to sacrifice inviting people if it really is the perfect venue!

Hate to say it by I agree with gainskb. Unfortunately it can't be the perfect venue when it doesn't allow you both to invite exactly who you want. I totally understand the monetary reasons for cutting the guest list, but the moral of the story is you shouldn't have any regrets when it comes to your wedding day. Sorry I can't offer any 'good news' advice.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I have TWO favorites :)

This first one, Honey-Jalapeno Chicken is AMAZING but it is spicy spicy so keep that in mind ( I put some extra jalapenos in it the first time i made it and literally had to go get a spoon full of sour cream! Its so delicious though and i love the cilantro. yummmm makes me want to make it right now.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/honey-jalapeno-chicken-with-sesame-soba-noodles-recipe/index.html
    i made it and put it over rice (BF is not a big noodle person

The second one is not spicy if you make it as listed, but i like a little kick so i put some chili sesame oil in it along with the regular sesame oil. again very good :) You can make it with pork chops OR chicken (I've done it both ways and it is delicious.) Wit this one as well, I make it sometimes as just the main dish (no noodles) and pair it with other sides.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/orange-sesame-pork-chops-with-teriyaki-whole-wheat-noodles-recipe/index.html
    Sorry both are asianish - i know its not everyones thing. i like it for that fact in that a lot of the chinese food i used to eat is just tooo bad for me to have anymore. I hope you all enjoy them :))
  • dragonfarie
    Options
    I have TWO favorites :)

This first one, Honey-Jalapeno Chicken is AMAZING but it is spicy spicy so keep that in mind ( I put some extra jalapenos in it the first time i made it and literally had to go get a spoon full of sour cream! Its so delicious though and i love the cilantro. yummmm makes me want to make it right now.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/honey-jalapeno-chicken-with-sesame-soba-noodles-recipe/index.html
    i made it and put it over rice (BF is not a big noodle person

The second one is not spicy if you make it as listed, but i like a little kick so i put some chili sesame oil in it along with the regular sesame oil. again very good :) You can make it with pork chops OR chicken (I've done it both ways and it is delicious.) Wit this one as well, I make it sometimes as just the main dish (no noodles) and pair it with other sides.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/orange-sesame-pork-chops-with-teriyaki-whole-wheat-noodles-recipe/index.html
    Sorry both are asianish - i know its not everyones thing. i like it for that fact in that a lot of the chinese food i used to eat is just tooo bad for me to have anymore. I hope you all enjoy them :))

Both of those recipes sound amazing! I think you would like one of my personal favs.

the sauce is real easy: 1 part Louisiana hot sauce, 1 part soy sauce (i use reduced sodium) and 1 part honey. Simmer until desired thickness. (for less spice use less hot sauce)

I pour that over stir-fried chicken and veggies and some rice. It is so yummy. The spiciness works perfectly with the sweetness of the honey.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I sure have lost 5lbs since my last weigh in!!! I was wondering what the hell everyone at home was talking about last week...my mom even asked me how much I weighed, and that she's going to weigh what I do for my wedding lol...I feel good...motivated to keep going~
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Sweet13_princess: Thanks for the support. It really frustrates me that he just out of the blue decided to screw over my parents...And my Mom doesn't seem okay with it, but he's never been the kind of person to consider anyone but his own feelings. I'm not even sure he cares about his fiance's feelings. At any rate, thanks....you're right... My wedding is first and will be more of the focus!!

vanrunninggirl: You said you're in love with the venue, but the event planner isn't getting back to you. It sounds like it may not work out. Do you have a plan B? And you shouldn't have to cut your guest list unless you absolutely have to. You should be able to have all of the people you WANT there without having to invite people you can't stand. Remember, it's your guest list, you have the final say on who gets invited and who doesn't. And be realistic; if you want to invite more people, but don't have enough room, you may want to consider finding a different venue, or you could have a less formal “after party” somewhere else with more space. You could even consider a breakfast the day after the wedding. It won't be the same, but could be a way to celebrate with everyone.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Only .2 lbs (but since I didn't post last week... I've lost 2.2 lbs in the last two weeks!) I'm getting soooo close to being in the 130's! I can't wait to start consistently seeing "13" on the scale!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My wedding band came in and is now engraved with our wedding date! I keep putting it on... it's like torture! "Here's a nice shiny 1 carat 5 diamond wedding band. You can't wear it until June 19th." And we got a new front door on Friday! It's gorgeous and unlike our old front door IT CLOSES!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Nothing really... life's great!

4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: I know nothing about flowers but per my flower proposal I'm having... Green mums, green tea roses, deep purple hydrangea and creamy white mini calla lilies... and now that i'm looking over the contract i'm thinking I need to follow up with the lady because I see red carnations on here and i have no desire to have any red flowers... our colors are purple and kiwi.

5. Any wedding news updates: Found out my roommates girlfriend went to cosmetology school! Which means I've found my hair and make-up person!!! Also, ordered my wedding program fan's today. We decided to do fans since the wedding is in late June and the ceremony is outside.

6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: I always look up the menu on-line before we go and decide what I can order. Then depending on what I pick, I only eat half and take the other half home. If I have bread, I only eat one piece and I don't use butter. No dessert. Ever.

7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: Yes! Alllll the time! Actually the only time I don't use weights is when I do Burn Fat Boost Metabolism. Depending on the video I use 3-8 lb weights.

8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): I was MIA during week 9... so I didn't do this.

9. Weekly wrap up: The weddings getting closer and I'm having to really start to dot my I's and cross my T's. I just want it to be here already! (Well it can weight until I hit 135 but then it can be here!)
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    okay so i would like to give a gift to my best friend who is my maid of honor and my best friends sister who is making my cake....what can i give to them or make for them....with limited amount of money ......cheaper the better...but i would love to have something nice for them...im not cheap just limited....any creative ideas out there????help please or suggestions????? these people just mean alot to me... ohhh and exactlly 2 MONTHS TODAY....till i get married!!!! ahaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh im so freaking excited.........also update with my hubbys so called hernia....it turns out that...that he has a torn ligament....but if he doesnt rest it could turn into a hernia...so he'll be doing light duty for a while....
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options
    Hi ladies,

We're just doing it all backwards - we fell in love with a place in Maui and so we decided to get the ball rolling to get married there in 2012. The ring will come sometime between now and then, he knows it's not ok for me to get married without a ring!!! It's working out ok though because without an engagement ring no one knows it's in the works so no one (like work people) can be offended yet that they're not invited. Anyhoo, yes, I think this question applies to most everyone! Thanks ladies in advance for your advice and insight!!!

Krista

Hi ladies,

OMG i swear i'm burning calories stressing over this damn wedding that i don't even have a ring for yet!!! PLEASE tell me the planning is more difficult in the beginning and then it gets easier?!?!?!

ok, so i will send a more detailed update about our plans in the works later on today (already late for work, haha, eek!!!) but i just wanted to know if anyone had any creative ideas about how to CUT the guestlist? the venue we are in love with has a MAX capacity of 37 people. i hadn't realized how few that is until we started crunching numbers. 2 of those bums in seats will just be me and my husband-to-be, that leaves 35 seats. we're thinking of doing invitations in rounds (ie. send out to the must have at our wedding people, see how many can actually make it, and then invite others after if we have availability). My list is scraped to family ONLY - not a single friend, which in the end will NOT work, there are at least 2 girlfriends i can think of that MUST be there. I'm just hoping and praying 2 family members won't be able to attend so i can squeeze the girlfriends in (and luckily they're both single). But, that list, with one whole family that i dislike and don't see much on my mom's side, is 22!!! Eeek, I only get 18!!!! Do you think the fiance should have to sacrifice 4 of his 17? He's only got 12 crucial family members, but he isn't inviting any cousins, and I am.

AAHHH, any suggestions? Should I call everyone first?

Oh and the venue event planner lady is not getting back to me, 2 weeks of one-sided communication from me, is this a terrible sign?

oh wow that is small!!! I wish I could give you answers but I am soo glad that you are asking this (on a much larger scale) becuz I need to do this as well...our venue that we love and can afford maxs at 250 people!! soo we must cut down but at the same time how do you know everyone will come??? UGH cant wait to hear answers on this and I am soo envious of you becuz I wish we could do family only that would be wonderful!!!! :)) soo if you arent engaged yet but are planning the wedding already...what is the reason??? you may have already shared this but I am new to this blog soo I would love to know!!! do you know when its coming or what not?? :))
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options
    I just read all the updates ladies. Thanks, and your gut was right. I did hear back from the event planner at the venue we originally wanted, and we also got some other news - an additional $5000 charge, so we are definitely looking into different venues. How do people afford to get married?! Arg, I'm going to have to sell an organ or something!:noway:
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 8 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Only lost half a pound this week. I was down more, but towards the end of the week developed bronchitis and I think the meds are making me retain water because I have been under in cals all week. But I did notice my stomach was flatter in pictures I took last week.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): The roses my fiance bought me as a get well soon.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): bronchitis and dr. telling me to rest for the rest of the week!

4. What types/colors of flowers will you be having: white cala lillies and blue cornflowers.

5. Any wedding news updates: Finally getting our engagement session done!!! Its next monday! We've had to reschedule 3 times.

6. When you eat out, do you have any “dos” and “don’ts”: I don't order appetizers anymore. I also only drink water. I don't drink alcohol by choice (never a fan anyway) I definitely do not feel guilty either. I do stop when I am full.

7. Do you use weights in your workout routine: Yes 5lb dumbells and resistent bands.

8. How did you do with the week 9 challenge (100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats): Got the squats and push ups and half way on the situps... situps I am getting better!

9. Weekly wrap up: Overall I had a tough week feeling really run down but now I know the root cause was my getting sick. I did see differences in my abs for the first week of my 6week6pack. Looking forward to getting back on the wagon and going full tilt!
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

We're just doing it all backwards - we fell in love with a place in Maui and so we decided to get the ball rolling to get married there in 2012. The ring will come sometime between now and then, he knows it's not ok for me to get married without a ring!!! It's working out ok though because without an engagement ring no one knows it's in the works so no one (like work people) can be offended yet that they're not invited. Anyhoo, yes, I think this question applies to most everyone! Thanks ladies in advance for your advice and insight!!!

Krista

awww that is fun!!! we kind of did it backwards too!!! we were leaving my cousins wedding and he just looked at me and said sooo when would you like to get married??? soo we began to talk about it and we agreed on spring 2012 and then he asked me how long I would like to be engaged and I said a year soooo when we had this talk it was June of 2010 and he ended up proposing to me Oct 27, 2010 and it was a total shock I most def expected it to come in 2011 but YAY for you!! it is exciting and I know exactly what you mean about others not knowing...etc!!! ;))
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just read all the updates ladies. Thanks, and your gut was right. I did hear back from the event planner at the venue we originally wanted, and we also got some other news - an additional $5000 charge, so we are definitely looking into different venues. How do people afford to get married?! Arg, I'm going to have to sell an organ or something!:noway:

oh that blows!!! we had to change our date due to wanting it at a certain place!!! soo that blows but I am sure you will find another place you love so much!!!! :)) but I know it sucks and I am sorry....oh my gosh yes weddings are ridiculous!!! seriously ridiculous!!! i wish I could sell an organ then it would help me pay for the photographer that I want but shouldnt hire!!! LOL :))