Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Good Day to all our Purple Peeps!!:drinker:
  • melissa73
    Options
    I wish everyone a great weekend. For me the weekends are one of the hardest times. My husband is off work every other one and we seem to go out a lot.

If you set your mind to it, you can achieve anything.

Melissa
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    I wish everyone a great weekend. For me the weekends are one of the hardest times. My husband is off work every other one and we seem to go out a lot.

If you set your mind to it, you can achieve anything.

Melissa
    You can do it Melissa.... I just know you can!
  • melissa73
    Options
    Thanks Tina I need the support. I am staying away from the pizza tomorrow. Salad for me.
    I am going to make it through and not gain.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    HEY PURPLE FOLKS!

I just posted this to Melissa and anyone else tha happens to still be up but realized I'd like to repost it here....just had some hopeful thoughts that we could get our Purple team even MORE UNITED by perhaps chatting it up more....hoping others that aren't chatting much from the Purple team might just jump in for support for others or themselves....

"I really want to find a way to get ALL our purple members chattin away on our posts...ya know? The black team seems to jump right in and start a new thread each day.... maybe us chatty chatters could do that as well...and just keep chattin and welcoming the new purple members on that thread and perhaps it will grow by leaps and bounds.

I'd love to think we all could really support one another in the good times and the rough times as well....it's the rough times some tend not to chat and I know it's easy to pull back...but amazinly that's when we get the support in luvin armloads and can get right back to work on what we all came here for.

SO HERE'S TO THE NEW PURPLE POWER .... Yes, we've got until December but we've gotta move move move...as we all want to feel our best and continue to learn to eat healthier, try out new modes of excercise, build back up that self esteem, ....well we all can add to that list for sure...

any ideas or comments on how we can unite as the PURPLE POWER?!:noway: :drinker: :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Awesome job :drinker:
    Hi I just joined Monday and I am on the Purple TEAM GO PURPLE!!!!!!! I love this site!!!! I have stuck to the program this entire week, usual on Wednesday is the day that I fall off the wagon, but still excited maybe this is it, you know the light bulb moment??????

My goals.................
    * Stay within my 1,200 calorie a day
    * Walk EVERY day for 45 minutes
    * Increase my elliptical machine by a minute a week (right now I can only do 5 minutes)
    * Drink all my water
    * Do my three sets of crunches
    * Pray every night that I can keep the motivation and help me get healthy

Thats it! I have to lose this weight before 2010 for my son's high school graduation!!!!!

Can I have a copy of your ticker....I like it!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: awesome job on keeping it up :heart:
    Hi I just joined Monday and I am on the Purple TEAM GO PURPLE!!!!!!! I love this site!!!! I have stuck to the program this entire week, usual on Wednesday is the day that I fall off the wagon, but still excited maybe this is it, you know the light bulb moment??????

My goals.................
    * Stay within my 1,200 calorie a day
    * Walk EVERY day for 45 minutes
    * Increase my elliptical machine by a minute a week (right now I can only do 5 minutes)
    * Drink all my water
    * Do my three sets of crunches
    * Pray every night that I can keep the motivation and help me get healthy

Thats it! I have to lose this weight before 2010 for my son's high school graduation!!!!!

Can I have a copy of your ticker....I like it!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Haven't seen a Purple post for a while. Thought I'd start one..

My goals for this week are:

3 days of Tae bo W/F/S
    2 days of treadmill T/Th
    To drink all my water
    To eat more veggies ( I've been eating lots of fruit)

I bought a meat slicer and a food dehydrator this weekend on my way back from Idaho.
    I am going to start drying my fruit , veggies and slicing my own meat (ham, turkey ect.)
    And Make lots of jerky..
    That is my plan anyway.

Hope you all have a great purpley day. :flowerforyou:
    Melissa

Let us know how the meat slicer (:noway: :laugh: reminds me of a Seinfeld episode of course..but most everything does):laugh: Also would love to hear how the veggies and fruits are when you use your dehydrator...always wanted to try one out but have yet to do that.:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Haven't seen a Purple post for a while. Thought I'd start one..

Hope you all have a great purpley day. :flowerforyou:
    Melissa

:flowerforyou: So glad you started one Melissa :):drinker: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello My Purple Peeps!

How is everyone today?:drinker:
  • melissa73
    Options
    Oh I have already made jerky but Hubby just about finished the batch I made already. It was good. I am going to dry some peaches and apples this week. I would love some ideas if anyone has any for the dehydrator. Or any recipes that they have.

As far as the meat slicer It was great. Unfortunately I don't remember the seinfeld episode. I'll have to look it up somewhere. Hee hee. I sliced some turkey breast for sandwich meat or just to slice up in my salads. It is amazing how much a breast will slice up. Kids eat it just as a snack with crackers. It is great.
    I am going to go buy a ham today and make some Wraps with wheat tortillas for the kids lunches this week.
  • seababe
    Options
    Hay, Purple People

My goal for this week since it's my second weight in this comming Friday
    will be focuse on drinking more water, not getting 8 glasses a day~! keep
    within my calorie intake too!!!

Have a GREAT Week

HOB :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hay, Purple People

My goal for this week since it's my second weight in this comming Friday
    will be focuse on drinking more water, not getting 8 glasses a day~! keep
    within my calorie intake too!!!

Have a GREAT Week

HOB :bigsmile:
    :drinker: Sounds like a great goal to me....ok, I'll join you...I'll be sure to get all my water in starting tomorrow. I'll be drinking more bottles yet tonite but used to pay more attention to how much I was drinking....think I'll start doing that again to be sure I kept the water amount up there:drinker:

Anyone else in our water deal? We can do a check back in tomorrow evening for anyone interested....time zones may vary but whatever works for anyone. :):drinker:
  • melissa73
    Options
    I'm in I know that I haven't been drinking my 64 + oz a day. That is a good one. How else are we to flush the fat out. :laugh:

I am setting my goals for This week.

M/W/F Treadmill
    T/Th/S Turbo Jam or tae bo With ab Ball.
    Water Water Water
    Vitamins

Melissa
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Morning Purple Team!!:drinker:

We're hoping to get the whole Purple team involved in chatting about there days, moments, weeks and anything else that comes to mind you'd like to dicuss to keep us motivated here!!

Weigh in day is Tues or at the latest Weds. early a.m.

How's everyone's week been going? Anything fun go on this weekend with my Fellow Purple Peeps?

Come on out and play....we've got so many on the team and we can hear it echo in here:sad:

We'd love to hear from you all....we're all in this together you know!!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Monday some of us were discussing what to do as a goal today...

We came up with trying to get all our daily water in today. I normally don't have an issue with that but am planning on actually making sure I do get enough in especially during workouts.

Anyone interested in joining us in this? Just a very casual, but important daily goal. We can check back in at the end of our day...depending on what time zone everyone is in...we can just give a shout out and let others know how we're doing or if there's anything other members here can do to help make it easier.:happy:

Is there anything any one needs from the rest of us Purple Team Members????? Even if one of us is struggling a bit..it'd be great to bring it over here to not feel so alone...each day is a new challenge for each of us. Having a like minded group makes it easier not feeling so alone.:drinker:

We'd love to cheer you on if you're having the best week ever as well!:heart:

:drinker: :drinker: We LOVE OUR PURPLE TEAM....cause WE ROCK!:drinker: :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Only working 1 job today. YES! :bigsmile: It's funny how much that effects your mood on a Monday.

I'll be heading to the local college after work today to check out classes and prices. I'm really excited to be getting that part of my life. I leave for my vacation in Texas in 2 weeks. I'm actually pretty bummed because when I scheduled the trip, I had planned on being down about 15lbs by now but I'm happy with my 6. Plus I still have 2 weeks. :happy:

I will try to do P90x Plyo tonight or maybe Kenpo depending on what mood I'm in, and also get these dishes done. My house is getting so chaotic!

Best wishes today! :flowerforyou:
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Purple Team!!!!:flowerforyou:

Today is a new day!!!!!!! I am in on the water deal...I need to drink at least 64 ounces today. I have a weight watchers mug that holds 32 ounces, I just drink two of those and my water is done. I really don't have a problem getting my water in during the week, because I sit at a desk all day I drink water all day, but at home I never think about it!!!!

This week my goals are to drink water every day :happy:

Exercise at least 45 min every day :happy:

Be patient and kind to everyone :happy:
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Hello Hello Purple People!

Last night I went to Chili's. I feel like I overate but I stayed within my calories!!! Today I am trying to get over the overfull feeling I still have from last night.:ohwell:

I have not had a day where I have not been working out this week, so I am hoping I can rest some today. I am excited for weights/ measurements tomorrow!!! :bigsmile:

I am actually teaching class today praying my pants don't end up around my ankles!!!!:blushing:

Stay tuned for details.
  • melissa73
    Options
    I am going on a harley ride with hubby this morning I will post this afternoon when I get back..
    I can't pass up on the water goal. I have been slacking on this lately.

Keep up the good work.

Melissa