Fit For Future Families - March 2011

Options

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I'm coming back to you now! I've been creeping through some posts lately, and getting back into logging workouts and food and now I'm back! I missed you ladies!

So here's a catch up on me - last month I had a chemical pregnancy (never testing early again....) and that was my first round of Clomid. I'm now on my 2nd round and have an appointment with the OB on May 14th for the next steps if I"m not pregnant by then.

I've started setting mini-goals, and tracking them by my menstrual cycles (more or less). So last cycle my goal was to lose 6 lbs for the cycle and I did. :smile: This cycle I want to lose 5 lbs.

Happy Wednesday!
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I'm coming back to you now! I've been creeping through some posts lately, and getting back into logging workouts and food and now I'm back! I missed you ladies!

So here's a catch up on me - last month I had a chemical pregnancy (never testing early again....) and that was my first round of Clomid. I'm now on my 2nd round and have an appointment with the OB on May 14th for the next steps if I"m not pregnant by then.

I've started setting mini-goals, and tracking them by my menstrual cycles (more or less). So last cycle my goal was to lose 6 lbs for the cycle and I did. :smile: This cycle I want to lose 5 lbs.

Happy Wednesday!

Wow! You are doing great to have lost while on Clomid. It's all I can do to not eat my computer while I'm on the stuff. It hasn't worked for me though, so I guess we are moving on to bigger things in the next month or so. Welcome back!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Welcome back, Jalara! I'm so sorry you had to go through the joy of seeing a BFP and having it go away. I can't imagine how much that hurts.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Jalara - You're back!!! YAY!!!! So glad you're back :) I'm sorry that you had a BFP not turn out....there seemed to be a lot of those last month.

Day 2 was horrible yesterday and day 3 isn't shaping up so well either. Didn't bring enough food with me to work and I was famished by the time I left the office and stopped off at McD's for a Shamrock shake and well let's just throw a fries in there too....today's dinner's pretty much juut going to have to be protein to get me to not go over everything. Plus I worked for 11 hours today and am logging back in to do another 4-5....my deadline is Friday :(
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lauren, Danielle & Jessica

Welcome Back Jalara!

Lauren - good luck with you Clomid adventure...that stuff made me crazy. I did 8 rounds of it and I started with Femera this cycle

Danielle - sorry to hear about your m/c and that really sucks about your cancelled appt. The long wait is how I ended up with my current OBGYN. My friend recommended me someone but it was going to be almost 3 months before I could get in so I went else where.

Jessica - good luck on your IVF cycle. I live in Tampa and we discovered Siesta Key last summer. I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get back down there. I might try to talk DH into going down there this weekend.

Pam - good luck with your appt tomorrow. I decided this year for lent, instead of giving up something, I am going to add something. I am adding at least 15 mins of meditation and getting at least my 8 glasses of water. You sound like DH with all the working. He is a manager over an IT department and he will work 10 hour days and then log on for 3 hours just about every night. No wonder we can't get pregnant...right ;)

Karen - how many times a day are you testing? Also, what mg of Clomid are you on? I was on 50mg to begin with and it did nothing for me.

Ashley - I really hate hearing that your IUI didn't work and I completely understand the break. DH and I have decided if the IUI doesn't work, we are going to take a break from the doctor and do some natural methods. Clomid did the same thing to me because it thinned out my linning so much.

Erica - I think I worked out my abs too hard yesterday and I am paying for it today.

Jalara - so glad you are back. Sorry to hear about your CP. The doc is pretty sure I had one last month too. I hear you on testing early...no more.

AFM - I had an u/s today and I have a folli on my right side measuring at 13mm. That is weird because when I was on Clomid, I always had follis on my left side, never any on my right. I go back Saturday morning and hopefully we will be good to go to do the IUI on Monday.

I did do my body wrap yesterday and today I was down 1 lb, so maybe it did something. Let's see if I can keep it off. I have been pretty good with my calories this week but now I have until at least Monday to get to my goal, so I think I will relax one day and have a cheat day!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Just posting real quick to say hi and I miss you all!!!!! I will be sitting down tonight and have LOTS to read and I'll update on what's been going on with me! It's been quite a month and I have learned that I am an emotional eater and the scale reflects that....excited to see what everyone has been up to this past month
  • epa422
    Options
    Hi, Alisa!!! Sorry you're emotional and eating.

Katie, maybe a follicle on the other side is all you need. :smile:
  • danielleeeee
    Options
    Danielle - sorry to hear about your m/c and that really sucks about your cancelled appt. The long wait is how I ended up with my current OBGYN. My friend recommended me someone but it was going to be almost 3 months before I could get in so I went else where.

I live in a pretty small city, about 150,000 on a good day, so I don't have much of a choice on who I get. I felt fortunate that my family doctor sent the referral to the OBGYN I requested since I've heard a lot of good things about her - and I've met two others in town and they weren't the nicest men. There's been so much build up for my appointment though, that I don't know how to prepare or know what questions to ask. The only diagnostics I've had is several u/s and a sample from my husband from December that we still don't have the results of.

Jalara - So sorry for the heart breaking dissapointment you've recently been through! It is sooo hard not to test early!

Pam - I also slipped today! I went to shopping last night and stocked up on some snacks that are "ok" in moderation - not smart at all. I am way over on my sugar, which is really not good given my suspected PCOS diagnosis. But we are human after all, and there is always tomorrow to get back on track!

Everyone else - I'm still getting familiar with everyone, but I do love the positive vibes on this thread!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Katie - Thanks - I completely forgot!!! OMG!!! I have my next clinic appt tomorrow....EEEK!!!! LOL Sounds like a fun experience with the body wrap....I am interested to know more about them and how they work :) Sounds like a research assignment for me....YAY!!! I work in the IT field too, but as an analyst. And I agree with Erica - sometimes it's when it is different to normal that good things happen. Fingers are crossed.

Alisa - So glad to see you back too! Can't wait to hear how you know you're an emotional eater and the other interesting things that have been going on this month. How`s the new gym working out?

Danielle - I'm now having another snack.....just logged off for the night (it's 10pm here and I've been online since 6am). LOL and I wonder why I'm eating like a stress crazed maniac....I too have PCOS and so you're right. It's just doubly worse. Hoping that your tomorrow is better than my today :D

Bedtime for me. Night guys!!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Ok, well I'll be honest...I TRIED to read thru February and the couple pages in March...I wasn't able to focus and really get ALL the dish so hopefully I'll be able to pick up more of everyone's excursions as I pick up here.

First off - HEATHER! CONGRATS! (she may or may not see that as she is preggo now....:laugh: )

Second, Hello to all the people who have joined since I took my little hiatus! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Third - Hello to all my old friends! I have truly missed you all!

Well, the last month...what a whirl-wind! I have actually GAINED 3lbs since my husband left...So officially at 148 with the goal of getting back to 135...I looked at pictures of myself when I was between 130-135 and i lost SO much weight in my face I felt like I was looking a little too thin in the upper region...So I think 135 would be a good place!

As some of you remember I joined a gym...I've been 3 times in 5 weeks...I have had a lot of big projects at school that have utilized up a lot of the break between classes that I had intended to use working out. But i ABSOLUTELY plan to go more. I have a friend who is going to go with me at least once a week and I'm going to try to go 2 other times a week w/o her.

It's been an interesting transition back into the "Single Mom" Role....I almost never feel like cooking, cleaning is almost non-existent unless I have company coming over...and really then it just depends on WHO the company is! I am finally getting into a better place emotionally w/o the hubs here, and now it's mostly just missing his companionship and missing the BDing :blushing:

As far as my cycle goes...well I'm on CD 35 and no sign of AF...Based on my temps i haven't O'd at all this month either...I'm not really sure what is going on. If AF hasn't shown up by CD 40 i'm going to make another DR appointment and demand that something be done. I have approximately 6 months to get regulated and then we'll only have about 4 months to actively TTC bc then the Hubs leaves again next year on another deployment. Boo...So i'm going to be meal planning on Friday night and I'm going grocery shopping on Sat or Sun and I am going to be diligent with my eating and my working out, and I might even start getting up earlier to allow myself time to actually sit and eat breakfast in the AM as well as walk my poor dog that stays either in his kennel or in the backyard all day.

So...What is up with everyone! Lots of waiting from what I can tell. Also I saw some ladies are taking the next medical step, good luck to everyone! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kah78
    Options
    I'm lining seeing new peeps and old ones back! Good to see you, Alisa!

We had a college choir do a concert at our church last night, and we had two of the girls stay the night with us. It brought back a LOT of memories from my four years on choir tour in college. And Josh had a great time playing with them during breakfast this morning. But I am TIRED, after cleaning the house and getting ready and a late night and working today.

I'm on day 2 of Lent-no white flour. Why is it always when you can't have something, you want it so bad? Yesterday I was substituting. "Oh, I can't have crackers, I'll eat some potato chips instead!" I"m hoping to make better substitutions today. I need to get back into logging and exercising after the last week. I really flopped off on that. I'm hoping I can get my act back together. On the 15th I hit my 1-year weight loss journey anniversary. I started this whole "life change" a year ago on the 15th. As of now, I've managed to keep off 14 lbs. I"m hoping for a few more, and I'm hoping that a "new year" might give me some renewed motivation. But, I still feel like I've accomplished a lot.

On the Baby front--well, there is no front I guess. I'm just waiting to start spotting. Anticipating it coming in the next few days. I haven't been testing multiple times on the OPK each day, so maybe i could have missed it, but my bet is on it not working, since it hasn't the last two months--this month we tried 150mg Clomid. If it did and spotting doesn't show up, then it'll just be a GREAT surprise. I have my day 21 bloodwork on Monday--so we'll see what the progesterone levels look like. On 50 mg, it was 2.4. On 100 mg, it was .9. Can't get much lower--ladies place your bets.

Also, send some good vibes to my cousin, E, if you will. She just confirmed yesterday that she miscarried at 10 weeks a few days ago. Sigh....it hit ME hard. I'm sure it's worse for her.
  • epa422
    Options
    Pam, I hope your appointment went well today!

Karen, sorry to hear about your cousin. ((hugs)) I hope you have a better no-white -flour day today!

Alisa, it sounds like you've been really busy. I hope things settle into a routine, soon. I also hope your cycle gets itself figured out!

Danielle, I live in a city of 50,000 and still have options for ob/gyn's. I would definitely ask around about other alternatives. I hope they can get it worked out for you and at least give you the results of your tests. I'd be hounding everyone in sight for those.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What's a BFP? I see that a lot too.

Pam...good luck today. Make sure to give us (me) details. Sounds like you'll start first...at least on the meds so I'm curious how it goes for you.

Siesta Key is fantastic. My goal is to go every month this summer for a weekend. You're lucky to be so close. We hope to move closer there over the next few years. I want to spend my nights on the beach watching the sunset.

Kah...St Augustine is nice too! There is a lot to see and it's really just nice walking the little boutiques. Are you staying in a B&B? I hear they have some really nice ones there. My hubby and I have been wanting to stay over. Maybe we'll go for our anniversary next month. :)

This month they have me off my birth control so I can get an accurate day 2/3 bloodwork on my eggs and everything else that the insurance company needs to qualify for the refund program. Wed night I could barely sleep. My ovary was so tender I could feel it everytime I moved. I was definitely ovulating. plus I think I'm coming down with the flu so that wasn't a restful evening. Why do I take birth control? Because even though I have my tube tied I need it to regulate my hormones and everything else that that causes.
  • epa422
    Options
    Jessica, it's Big Fat Positive on a home pregnancy test (HPT).

I'm the one traveling to Florida, not Kah. We will be staying in a hotel, probably the Castillo Real. My husband is not a fan of the B&B idea. He think they're for old women and he doesn't want to be forced to interact with anyone on his vacation. He works retail, so I see his point.

The first few months off of birth control were awful as the hormones regulate. Hopefully, you'll feel better soon!
  • kah78
    Options
    Hey--I'm happy to go to Florida too! Maybe someday......probably not soon though. So, I'll just have to live vicariously through everyone else.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Options
    O crap. Sorry...just learning everyones names.

Kah...maybe it's meant for you to visit. lol
  • epa422
    Options
    LOL, no worries, Jessica. It's a lot of names. :flowerforyou:
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm finally getting back to things. Our ski trip to VT was awesome. We were supposed to come home Monday but then we got 2 ft of snow pretty much over night and the Burlington airport closed. So we got to stay an extra day and went home Tuesday. Yesterday I had to clean the house because my father-in-law is coming today until Tuesday to help build a shed with my hubby. Not sure how that will go with all the rain we are getting.

I have gained almost 4 pounds from vacation so I really need to focus. I have kickboxing tonight and a 2 hour Zumbathon tomorrow night. I just need to get my eating under control. Too much alcohol and sugar over vaca now I crave it.

I hope everyone is doing well. Io had cramping last night not sure what is going on. I don't feel this will be our month but I feel good about next month since I can really focus on being more healthy. We will see.

Baby Dust to all!

~Nichole
  • Jessica_Lo
    Options
    Thanks Erica...I'll get better. Promise. :smile:

The first time they took me off BC for the bloodwork I swear I felt wacky. It was so weird. This month isn't so bad but I never noticed how much it hurts to ovulate. I get so tender. They will put me right back on it after my blood work though so that'll be interesting. I think it messes me up to go off and on like that.
  • epa422
    Options
    Welcome back, Nichole. It sounds like you had a nice break. I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things in no time.

Jessica, I can't imagine that would be good for your body, but I suppose with the number of drugs they'll have you on for the IVF it doesn't really matter in the long run. I definitely get tender around ovulation time. And bloated. :grumble: