Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken

Options

Replies

• dearprudence1964
    dearprudence1964 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight for the first time - and both my husband and I LOVED it! I know there has been a lot of talk about sodium concerns - so i thought id post another option. I used a packet of fajita seasoning instead of the low sodium taco seasoning - it has MUCH less sodium, but all of the flavor you want with the convenience of a packet. I served it over long grain brown rice made with white corn, minced garlic, and a few squeezes of fresh lime. I know we will make this time and time again.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I used a packet of fajita seasoning instead of the low sodium taco seasoning - it has MUCH less sodium

You could go without the seasoning at all. I never use it and I think it tastes the same.
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Bump!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I used a packet of fajita seasoning instead of the low sodium taco seasoning - it has MUCH less sodium

You could go without the seasoning at all. I never use it and I think it tastes the same.
    Same here! I tried making it without the taco seasoning and it was still good!
  • Mell_1987
    Options
    bump
  • aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Options
    I make one similar to this

4 chicken breast
    1 jar salsa

Cover chicken with salsa ( just enough to where you cant see the chicken anymore)

cook on low for 6 hours.

Shred and return chicken to juices.
    Serve on tortillas like a taco!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    BUUUUUMP!
  • LCantrell
    LCantrell Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love the fact you put the nutritional information in with the recipe thanks so much!
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    making this tonight per the original directions.
    i'm thinking next time i'll try it without the seasoning, but i'm still excited to see how it turns out! :)
  • Cacassid
    Cacassid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BCXMC
    BCXMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    Do you think you could make this with turkey breasts? Are the calories the same different? I got a bunch of turkey given to me..just curious?
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!!!! Sounds delicious
  • CBaker513
    CBaker513 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Made this last week following the OP's recipe. It was really really good, but waaaay to salty for me! Will definately make it again, though next time I'm completely omitting the taco seasoning.
  • jalm36
    jalm36 Posts: 12
    Options
    bump