INSANITY CHALLENGE. ANY TAKERS??

Options

Replies

• elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    WOW, just wow! Did the fit test and the first workout of month 2. I'm wiped out! I feel really good about not only my progress on the fit test, but also how well I did in the workout tonight. I definitely wasn't able to complete every single rep of every exercise, but I kept up the majority of the time. I still needed some time to get the moves down right, but next time should be much better. Man, this program is crazy, but I LOVE IT!

Question: I bumped up my calories by about 300 today. Did anyone else do this during month 2? If so, how much did you increase by??

I haven't started month 2 but have been trying to include 1/2 marathon training with month 1. Initially, I didn't increase my cals but ended up having some dizziness, nausea and weakness after my workouts. I've added about 200-300 cals and am trying to get some more protein in there to keep my blood sugar more level. So far so good.
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!!! Plyo Cardio was by far the hardest thing I have ever done. I assume it will get easier, but let me just say that you guys are seriously AMAZINGLY hardkore!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm in month 2 of insanity (first week). It feels like it's day one:angry: Anyway, does anyone have any advice for doing pushups. I have gotten better but I truly stink at them. Especially during max cardio circuit. I've succumbed to doing them on my knees. My elbow and shoulders just shake too much. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in month 2 of insanity (first week). It feels like it's day one:angry: Anyway, does anyone have any advice for doing pushups. I have gotten better but I truly stink at them. Especially during max cardio circuit. I've succumbed to doing them on my knees. My elbow and shoulders just shake too much. Any advice would be appreciated.

I can do full pushups, all the way down to my chest, but I can't do them as fast as I need to to be able to keep up with the exercise, so I only go about halfway down. My elbows are always at least at a 90 degree angle, so I know I'm still getting the benefit of doing them. Remember to keep your core tight-- not only your abs, but also your butt and thighs (keep them pulled in tight, together). I've found it's so much easier to keep the pushups going when my core is tight. Keep working at it-- You'll get better!!!

That's just my .02.....
  • RiverRatChick
    Options

I'm on my first week of month 2 also. Like you, I find it a bit frustrating to be struggling again like I was at the beginning, however last night I caught myself (during the side pushups) thinking, "wow, I can't wait until I'm really good at this like I was with the month 1 exercises". I guess the progress I saw from month 1-- from being winded during just the warm-up when I first started to being able to do every single move and want to go for a run after-- is a HUGE motivator for me. Even after P90x, I've never, ever been this fit and strong, so that keeps me going.
  • JohnHein
    JohnHein Posts: 12
    Options

Just keep doing them as best you can. You'll master this workout by the last week of the 2nd month!

Just finished Insanity today with my final fit test. I beat Tanya on 5 out of the 8 categories! W00t!
  • JohnHein
    JohnHein Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey All,
    Sorry to join the thread so late but I just started Insanity today... I am going away in 17 days and felt the need to up my workouts for the last 2 week push!

I did the fit test, and I beat Tonya and what's his name? on all of their first fit test scores and half of their second scores, so I felt confident enough to do another... sooo I did Cardio Recovery, not knowing what to expect, was super unimpressed and didn't feel like I got a workout at all, so I did Cardio Abs after that. Holy are my legs ever going to be sore tomorrow, but I will get on the calendar schedule for the next week and see what happens.

Can't wait to see what all this buzz is about!!

Yeah it's better to do them in the order that they are presented in the calendar. The Fit Test is meant to be a Day 1 workout on its own. Later on in Insanity you'll mix it in with other workouts on the same day (notably Max Interval Circuit in month 2). Cardio Recovery is meant for the 4th day of every week- you'll do it after you've done three days of the hard workouts- Plyo Cardio, Core Cardio & Cardio Power & Resistance. Believe me you'll want a recovery day and will start looking forward to the slow down. Cardio Abs is usually added to the same day as Core Cardio. Since you've only got two weeks, and since Plyo Cardio challenged you, then I recommend that you do Weeks 1 and 2 in order over the next two weeks.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    We are on the recovery week at the end of month 1. I'm also trying to train for a half marathon and am including running 3-4x a week. I'm wondering if anyone else has included another type of exercise while doing this workout? I've noticed an improvement in endurance...not to mention feeling stronger overall. I just don't want to set myself up in a bad way for month 2.+
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    We are on the recovery week at the end of month 1. I'm also trying to train for a half marathon and am including running 3-4x a week. I'm wondering if anyone else has included another type of exercise while doing this workout? I've noticed an improvement in endurance...not to mention feeling stronger overall. I just don't want to set myself up in a bad way for month 2.+

Congrants I am also beginning my recovery week after the first month. Even though this recovery is somewhat easier it still breaks a good sweat
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    Sorry to join the thread so late but I just started Insanity today... I am going away in 17 days and felt the need to up my workouts for the last 2 week push!

I did the fit test, and I beat Tonya and what's his name? on all of their first fit test scores and half of their second scores, so I felt confident enough to do another... sooo I did Cardio Recovery, not knowing what to expect, was super unimpressed and didn't feel like I got a workout at all, so I did Cardio Abs after that. Holy are my legs ever going to be sore tomorrow, but I will get on the calendar schedule for the next week and see what happens.

Can't wait to see what all this buzz is about!!

Cardio Recovery is the lite excercise day for the first four weeks so I can imagine you were. Just do them in order
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 3 for me. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of it brings.
  • foreverjade
    Options
    Apparently I was just being a big baby because I can honestly say that the workouts get WAY easier the second time around. I skipped the rest and recovery days, pushed on through, did Plyo interval / cardio and resis / pure cardio the following 3 days in a row and it was fine! and by fine, i mean it hurt like hell :smile:

It's now Day 10 and moving on to month 2 dvds. WOO WOO! Max plyo interval today wasn't terrible. By no means was it fun, but I am really happy with the longer workout. Didn't expect it to be more of a muscle workout though or else I would have switched the order of today and tomorrow's Max cardio conditioning. Ah well, 7 days to go, 4 more workouts to try! I hear max sport interval is super fun so I can't wait! :happy:
  • RiverRatChick
    Options
    So, is everyone hanging in still or has the lack of activity on this thread signaled that people have quit? NOT ME, I'M KICKING BUTT!!!

So, are you guys still giving it your all?
  • RiverRatChick
    Options
    Apparently I was just being a big baby because I can honestly say that the workouts get WAY easier the second time around. I skipped the rest and recovery days, pushed on through, did Plyo interval / cardio and resis / pure cardio the following 3 days in a row and it was fine! and by fine, i mean it hurt like hell :smile:

It's now Day 10 and moving on to month 2 dvds. WOO WOO! Max plyo interval today wasn't terrible. By no means was it fun, but I am really happy with the longer workout. Didn't expect it to be more of a muscle workout though or else I would have switched the order of today and tomorrow's Max cardio conditioning. Ah well, 7 days to go, 4 more workouts to try! I hear max sport interval is super fun so I can't wait! :happy:

Uh, I'm confused... Why would you be moving onto the Month 2 dvds after only 10 days?
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    glad to see this thread!

im on the last 2 days of week 3! i really enjoy insanity so far and will continue on to p90x after i complete insanity! then after p90x i have a plan to do a hybrid p90x/insanity workout for 2 months or so.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. Only Day 5 for me. Still loving it!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Uh, I'm confused... Why would you be moving onto the Month 2 dvds after only 10 days?

Yeah I don't understand either.
  • foreverjade
    Options

Just feeling the need for the longer workouts and more variety. Cycled through month 1 dvds twice, and now moving on. I am really enjoy the month 2 dvds - the extra 20 min is a boost is one i definitely needed to push myself. Also am looking forward to trying all of the workouts in the program before i leave.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow and I am sooooo excited! I can't wait!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity 4 days ago and definatley felt like I got a good workout. I bought the system to hopefully shake out of the plateau I have been in. I usually run 6-7 days per week and doing these exercises for only 40 minutes I feel like I am not getting a full workout in. I have a HRM and a bodymedia calorie burn monitor and at 5'8" and 162 pounds I am burning about 350 calories at most up to the this point, which is definately lower than my running where I can burn 600-700 calories in an hour. Course running wasnt helping me drop the last 10 pounds, so I am hoping this will. I can see that people are getting stronger and more fit, but is anyone losing weight????and if so, is it one of those programs where you gain weight initially and then lose weight? Thanks!