Shreddin' It and Forgettin' It

Options
I had to start a new thread because we talk too much :laugh: I'm reposting our pledge as a gentle reminder of what we promised to do :smile: Keep up the great work everyone!!! :heart:

Hello Shredders! So, for the next 30 Days, starting Monday, February 28th 2011 we will be shreddin' it & forgettin' it! I really like our new group name Let's be sure to post here from now on!

PLEASE...don't forget to take your MEASUREMENTS and post them on this thread! You can update as often as you like, every week or every other week or at the end of the 30 days, it's up to you....whatever makes you feel motivated! I will also be taking a photo of myself so I can really see the difference! (just an idea for the rest of you) I'm going to place a copy of our Pledge here so we have a reminder of what we promised to do for the next 30 days! Here it is:

1. I will do this workout for a least a minimum of 6 days a week.

2. I will combine it with 20-30 minutes or more of extra cardio (treadmill, walking the dog etc.)

3. I will eat healthy and drink lots of water EVERY DAY.

4. I will check in daily to express my pain!

5. I will take accurate measurements and post these measurments weekly.

6. I will make no excuses!

7. I will not quit!

8. I will be positive to myself and others that have joined me in this challenge. (You may however, swear and curse at Jillian for the pain she is going to cause you...lol)

9. I will be proud of my accomplishments!

10. I will have fun!

Replies

• bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Alright I really need to measure. I just need to go to the store in buy the tape measure. After doing 30 day shred for a little less than 2 weeks I have lost 1.5lbs. Hopefully I will see more come off and make my goal of 174 by April 1st.

On day 12 today. Did level 1 already and planning to do level 2 in about an hour.

Good luck everyone!! Keep up the good work!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I need to measure too! I decided I'll do it on the 15th day...that way I'm half way there :smile: Good job on your weight loss so far! You will definitely lose more! I'm more worried about the inches then I am about the pounds. Good job on sticking with it...I think we've lost a few along the way :sad:
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wake up super early (for me, about 4:30) to do the shred in the morning, because when I get home from work all I want to do is lay around. Today I think waking up so early has finally taken its toll. I was sluggish all day, made it home after work and passed out for about 2 and 1/2 hours. I don't know if it was just today I had less energy or what, but I haven't felt this tired in a long time. Especially since the workout normally gives me a little kick of energy that will last for most of the day. Anyone else experiencing an overall lack of energy?

Thank goodness its the weekend! I'm sleeping in!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I wake up super early (for me, about 4:30) to do the shred in the morning, because when I get home from work all I want to do is lay around. Today I think waking up so early has finally taken its toll. I was sluggish all day, made it home after work and passed out for about 2 and 1/2 hours. I don't know if it was just today I had less energy or what, but I haven't felt this tired in a long time. Especially since the workout normally gives me a little kick of energy that will last for most of the day. Anyone else experiencing an overall lack of energy?

Thank goodness its the weekend! I'm sleeping in!

I did last week and that's why I took a day off! Make sure you listen to your body :smile:
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Day 6, Level 1... I'll be working it out through the weekend as I have company coming next week from Tuesday to Saturday. I'm a little worried about that since I exercise in my living room AND don't like spectators! :noway: I'll have to figure something out because if I stop for that long, I'm finished. :frown: I might have to politely ask them to go watch tv downstairs until I'm done my workout... would that be so terrible?!?! Anywho.... I have to put myself first so I guess this will be my first big test. Wish me luck!! :wink:
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Awe...that sucks! I don't like spectators either! I think asking them to go downstairs to watch t.v. while you work out is a reasonable request :smile: there's no way they should have a problem with that...I know I wouldn't! You do need to put yourself first!!! :heart: Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just copy and pasted this here from the other one, so I can get this thread saved.

Madmaz- Thanks for posting the adaptations! I have had knee surgery 3 times on my right now, and it will never be as strong as my left so I often struggle!

I have ZERO motivation to go in there and deal with Jillian Michaels right now. Today is the first day of level 2. It's probably from my failure at it the other day and tingling face that is holding me back. I'm also getting almost nothing in results even though I'm busting my butt to get it done and do it correctly. GRR!

Update: I do go in and start 30DS, but by the time I got to the cardio in circuit 2, my left thigh muscle was screaming. It wasn't a muscle ache or pain from pushing it- it was a sharp stabbing pain any time I lunged or jumped on it. I had to quit. Sorry girls! I'll stretch more tomorrow and give it another go and see what happens. I've never had a pain like this before, so I'm not sure what it's from. Any ideas?
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Oh and just so you know--when a thread closes, it automatically opens another one. Your name created the 2nd thread (not this one) and your post isn't the first--so it did it automatically.
  • iamwildarose
    iamwildarose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to move to level two but I missed two days and I still can not breathe or make it through all the way through level one without feeling like I am REALLy struggling. It gets better everyday and I am seeing results, but I am not there yet. I have not really exercised in a long time and I feel like I need to stay here a bit longer before moving up.

Any thoughts as to if this is the right choice? How good should I be at level one before I go to level two?
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    I was supposed to move to level two but I missed two days and I still can not breathe or make it through all the way through level one without feeling like I am REALLy struggling. It gets better everyday and I am seeing results, but I am not there yet. I have not really exercised in a long time and I feel like I need to stay here a bit longer before moving up.

Any thoughts as to if this is the right choice? How good should I be at level one before I go to level two?

First of all, you're doing great! Hang in there!

Secondly, I'd suggest staying on the level until you feel comfortable enough to move on to the next. It's going to be a challenge when you move up, but not so much that you think you might really die. If you need to stay one level 1 until you feel comfy, do it! In the end, that's how you'll get results by doing the moves right instead of "half-assing" them because they are to tough. I had to learn the hard way.

You can do this!!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    been doing Level 3, will do it until april 1...then moving on to ripped..but will not forget shred!! :)
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day 12 level 3 complete!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    been doing Level 3, will do it until april 1...then moving on to ripped..but will not forget shred!! :)

I'll be done the Shred by the end of this month and I'll be starting Ripped April 1st too! :drinker:
  • ThisAboveAll
    ThisAboveAll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    *bump* Way to go everyone!!!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I finished Day 12 Level 2 and jogged on my treadmill for 3.5 km...I feel great! Oh and I had a spectator...lol...my hubby decided he would sit on the couch and watch me! I could have killed him but I was too exhausted from my workout :laugh:
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Day 6, Level 1... I'll be working it out through the weekend as I have company coming next week from Tuesday to Saturday. I'm a little worried about that since I exercise in my living room AND don't like spectators! :noway: I'll have to figure something out because if I stop for that long, I'm finished. :frown: I might have to politely ask them to go watch tv downstairs until I'm done my workout... would that be so terrible?!?! Anywho.... I have to put myself first so I guess this will be my first big test. Wish me luck!! :wink:

I don't like spectators either. Maybe you could get up before they do or make them excersise with you.

Day 8 L1 done fo me. I'm slowly but surely sneaking up on Level 2. It's getting easier to get through though those front arm raises are still killer!
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day 13 level 1. Done.

We might have company tonight if not I will try to sneak in another workout. I have been cleaing my house top to bottom today. Staring spring cleaning early... maybe spring will come a bit sooner ;)
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Day 13 Level 2 done! I was sweating bullets. It was a little easier, but I was sweating like I had never worked out before in my life. It felt good though! I am happy I got it done. Good job everyone! Let's keep up the great work.
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 3, level 2 done. It was a little easier today, but still very tough. I super-hate plank jacks!
  • CaityB14
    CaityB14 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Is this the new post?