Share your Mate

Options
12346»

Replies

• bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is of my fiance (Ryan) and I! When we met over 3 years ago (working at QuikTrip-hehe) I was probably half the size I am now but he has never stopped loving me! I have said "I'm going on a diet!" more than a few times and every time he has been there 110%! Even when I quit, he still loved and supported me! He is a police officer and I want him to be proud of who his wife is because I am so proud of the man he is!! We're getting married next March (which is one of the biggest motivations ever right!?) and I need to be a happy bride!! <3<3<3 (Fun fact: when I get married I'll be like the real life "Julia Gulia"!!! My name will be Tori Dorey...hehe)

So cute! Tori Dorey! You can do it!! ...good luck!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    bump
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    oh oh I want to add mine!

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years. When I first met him I was about 20lbs lighter than I am now. I recently started losing weight and he has been behind me the entire way. Everytime I update him on where I'm at his smile gets big and he tells me that he's proud of me. I'm not normally one that sticks with things for very long. He's always there to tell me how proud he is of me. He's behind me no matter what I'm doing and if he agrees or not, he's still there behind me. I'm trying to get him to workout and do things with me to get him healthier too. He is always complaining about how he wants to lose weight too, he just won't do it. BUT, I know that he doesn't have much motivation in winter, he lives for Summers, so I know I'll be able to get him out doing things this year!
    We met on Facebook/through a friend. My friend told me I should talk to him, so I randomly sent him a message expecting to get no reply, then the next day he replied. We met and from them on it was just us together. I know that after being together for two weeks he told my friend that he was gonna marry me. We've talked about it and we want to. We are currently working on getting our student loans and credit card debt down, then this fall we are gonna search for a place of our own, and (hopefully) get married soon. Everyone's always asking me when we are getting married, I just say "when he decides to ask me..."
    We've been through a lot, he's seen me at my lowest and I've seen him at his. He means the world to me!
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Caleb and I have been together 3 years and married 2.5. :) He is my better half, my perfect match, he is MY EVERYTHING! I love him so much. We met at a coffee shop where we played a christmas show together for the heck of it. We have been best friends and performers ever since! :) I am not donig this for him but we want to live together for as long as possible.

Be jealous... I married the guitar player...
    photo-2.jpg
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Here's my boyfriend Alex, and me. We met in art school and we've been madly in love for more than 3 years.

60087_939806009550_48904169_53186368_3397760_n.jpg

162914_982824869410_48904169_54303839_4842127_n.jpg

n48904837_45012731_4331.jpg
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    My husband Jason has been a lifesaver and a major driving force in my life. He literally saved me from myself when we met. I struggled with Anorexia Nervosa for several years and he helped me to conquer that battle. He provided me with a love and strength that pulled me through many bad days and gave me and my daughter a man of strength and honor to provide us with an amazing life. We will be married 9 years this coming November and he has been by my side the entire time. Don't get me wrong...we have typical marital spats but he is the best thing that ever happend to me. Over the last few years I have gained 80 pounds and he never condemned me or acted differently toward me but in January I decided that I needed to change my life in order to live a longer healthier life. Again, he's been by my side the whole time. He too has changed his life and has lost a little over 30 pounds. I'm so proud to call him my husband and father of my children. I'm also proud that no matter what I look like he's still proud to call me his wife. I thank God each and every day for my Husband and Children. I am blessed beyond measure!!!:heart::blushing:
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    I met my wife right before my sophomore year in high school. We dated most of the time for the next 3 years, attending 4 Homecomings, 3 Valentines Day Dances, and 2 Proms. My senior year we were voted prom King and Queen by my High School.

We married the following January, with her mom, dad, brother and sister as the only ones to come to the wedding. My family did not attend because "It won't last anyway." My mom congratulated us the next day by simply saying "You stupid kids." Ya gotta love a mom, huh?

So, the marriage that wouldn't last a year celebrated 29 years this past January. We have 3 grown kids and 3 lovely grand daughters. Still madly in love with her. I tell her I love her several times a day. Can't keep my eyes off of here. And we STILL hold hands when we are out shopping, walking or driving.

I had people boycott my wedding too..... and ten years later they still have to see him and get him Christmas presents..... I am sure they feel so dumb. Congrats on your success.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    We met on Myspace in 2008. My friend urged me to send her a friend request, as I had gone through a breakup recently and she thought I should try to meet someone. We chatted as friends at first, and hung out a few times as friends (perhaps 3 times?). But then I developed feelings for her and she for me, despite the fact that we both said we did not want a relationship (she had just gone though a breakup as well).

But we got together anyway and have been together for 2.5 years and got engaged after being together for a year. Since we definitely can't get married where we live, we are just waiting for the right time.

She is really the best thing that has ever happened to me. She is extremely supportive (so much so that she is doing this with me and is a member here at MFP). When we got together I was about 30 lbs lighter...although now I have lost 27 lbs, so I am close to the weight I was when she met me. But even though I gained weight, she did not treat me any differently and I am grateful for that.

We both love to do things outdoors, so we both want to be in shape so that we can continue to do the things we love. I don't know what I would do without her! She is the greatest and is my very best friend.

This is a picture of us around the time we first met (I am on the left)

DSCN3393.jpg

And this is a picture of her on our trip to TN in Sept '09, where I popped the question!

090.jpg

EDIT: Whoa, sorry for the picture size. Will try to fix that! OK, that's better.
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bumping to hear more sweet stories!!!!
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    I am married to the love of my life, Stephen and we have been together for 4.5 years and married for almost 3. We met via facebook and started dating on Sept 6, 2006. We both went to the same university. Stephen found out that after graduation he was going to be stationed in Germany. In fall 2007, we found out that he was going to deploy in the end of 2008. We decided to get married, but the only way to do that was to fly over to Germany for a four day holiday in May. We got married in Moffat, Scotland on May 25th 2008, with my parents, my aunt/uncle, his parents and his sister/her family were there. After I finished college September 2009, I moved to Germany to be with him. Then in December 2010 we moved here to Arizona. Now we are moving to either Japan/Germany in June of 2011.
    He has been my rock. He loves me no matter what, even though I have gained 80lbs since I met him. He is very supportive though he sometimes unitentionally tries to sabotage my diet by bringing cake or cookies or alcohol into the house. He can bring all the beer he wants into the house though, cause I hate that stuff.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Intelligal/Euro Trip 2009/EuroTripDec20091135.jpg
  • KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    DSC_0129.jpg

My high school sweetheart, we have been together 12 years and we still act like we just met at a high school dance :) He is my motivation for living a healthier lifestyle. It's all his mom's Latin cooking that got me into trouble :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!