What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options
allie_00
allie_00 Posts: 73
I'm loving Bob's Old Fashioned oatmeal at the moment. I usually put in a spoonful of organic, crunchy peanut butter + 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and a spoonful of Astro Natural Balkan yogurt.

How about you?

Replies

• neeeve
    neeeve Posts: 1
    Options
    I usually use light Alpro soya milk, a little honey, cinnamon and half a banana! It's delicious, and really fills me up!
  • nushkat
    nushkat Posts: 7
    Options
    Linwoods flaxseed with cocoa and berries, sometimes a lil drizzle of honey... lush!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have been addicted to oatmeal lately (I used to hate it). I put 1/4 cup milk and a 1/2 cup of blueberries. If I don't have blueberries I use some cinnamon applesauce.
  • kdeaner
    kdeaner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like Maranatha Creamy Almond Butter in mine.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I eat Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal EVERYDAY...

I put in:

1 banana
    1 tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter (Maranatha is the BEST)
    Cinnamon
    2 tablespoons of ground Fiber One cereal.

Soooo good!!!
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've been using Almond Milk instead of water or skim and then I add cinnamon & raisins. OMG. I'm pretty much addicted. The raisins make it for me.
  • bluesqueen
    bluesqueen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight among other things also of course, using oatmeal as my bfast everyday. I cook a big pot and store in fridge..I know..but it doesnt bother me. I use 1/2 cup every morning add 2 egg whites for my protien. I add some DaVinci Syrup sugar free pancake syrup (I order online) when I have it..and a LOT of cinnamon. I mix really well and micro for 2 minutes. It makes a custard-like bfast and I love it. IF I dont have the syrup, I just use the cinnamon (or even pumpkin pie spice) and do the rest the same. Rice works well too..like rice pudding..but I like my thick chunky oatmeal. The cinnamon is so good for you. My eating plan doesnt allow me to mix fruit and carbs, The fruit IS a carb so I have my fruit as a snack always with 2 oz. protien. I eat 6 times a day 3 meals and 2 snacks and a last snack if I feel I need it..so really just eat 5 times a day..no sugar or white flour or added oils or fat. I actually began to TASTE food..I do miss bread and occasionally salt but use tons of spices. SO heres to a renewed vigor to eat for my heath and not for entertainment and comfort.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I put a tspn of cinnamon, 1 scoop of whey protein isolate and either 1 tbspn of maple syrup or 1 tbspn of currants or dried cranberries to sweeten it up.

Karen
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Egg Whites, apples, pecans and dried cherries in my steelcut oatmeal with a dash of Cinnamon, Allspice, Ground Cloves and Nutmeg.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    i love old fashion oatmeal with yogurt butter, non fat half & half and splenda brown sugar on top. Yummmmmmm.
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I put in a tablespoon of Spenda Brown Sugar Mix and 1/4 cup slivered almonds. I also add about 1/4 fresh diced apple. Somtimes I add crushed walnuts.

Anything with protein for me. I always mix mine with 1 % milk for protein as well. I have found Wal Mart's brand of no sugar brown sugar and maple oatmeal to be good.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    My two favorite combinations are: Raspberries and cinnamon, and pistachios and dried cranberries. I, sometimes, add an egg and some milk for a breakfast custard.
  • Ekaette07
    Ekaette07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So after watching my new favorite Hungry Girl cooking show, I put about 1 cup of organic soy milk or almond milk and then 1/2 a cup of water. Basically letting the oatmeal swell up and in turn doubling it's mass so I don't need as much of it.. Then I add in some fresh apple slices if I have it or dried apple slices and a little cinnamon.

It's super yummy!
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    Wow mine sounds pretty boring now that I've read all of this. I have sugar free maple & brown sugar with a tbspof walnuts. I really love my oatmeal in the morning.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Oats +
    - frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
    - cinnamon

And then once it's cooked, I add:
    - ground flaxseed
    - hulled hempseed
    - chia seeds
    - pumpkin seeds
    - sunflower seeds

In the amounts I make (1/3c uncooked oats, 1c berries, 1 tbsp of each seed) it ends up being about a 600 calorie breakfast and it's FABULOUS.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I've been putting 1/2c blueberries and 1.5 oz of tofu in my steel cut oatmeal with a splash of 2%. The blueberries pop and I don't need extra sugar, delish!
  • allie_00
    allie_00 Posts: 73
    Options
    What great ideas! I feel passionately about my oatmeal and I knew you all would, too! :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Apples, cinnamon, chia seeds and topped with greek yogurt! Sometimes nectarines, blueberries, or pumpkin as well. No sweetening required when you are using fresh fruit :)
  • mrsknotts
    mrsknotts Posts: 115
    Options
    Cinnamon for sure! Not only does it taste great but it's also proven to regulate your blood sugar levels :)
  • spacegirllost
    spacegirllost Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just a banana and a bunch of berries here. Kind of boring compared to all these ideas! Hmmm....