Biggest Loser Finale Challenge- 15 Pounds!!

Options

Replies

• MemphisMarly
    Options
    Starting weight: 148
    Goal weight: 130
    This week's weigh-in: 138.8 (-9.2 overall)
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    where is everyone? I feel so abandoned!! Hey Marly, gonna take a look at that article!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Today's weight: 139.2 (-8.8 overall)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Noticing this thread is dieing..c'mon people!! Marty and Leela thanks for trying to help me keep this thread alive..hopefully it will bloom again. :happy:

WalkingGirl1985- SW: 188.4 This week- 186.0 Overall-( -2.4) (Goal- 173.0)
    Sarina87- SW: 172 This week- 167 Overall- (-5) (Goal- 152)
    KARAsene82- SW- 169 This week- 165.5 Overall- (-3.5) (Goal -145)
    MemphisMarty- SW- 148 This week- 139.2 Overall- (-8.8) (Goal- 130)
    sassietigger- SW: 183.5 (Goal- 168)
    akb2006- SW- 237
    Amberlin SW- 176 This week- 172 Overall (-4) (Goal- 168)
    gmen2thebowl- SW- 222 This week- 222 Overall- (-0) (Goal- 207)
    kizzy - sw: 177 (goal by finale - 162)
    TeamLeela- SW- 181.8 This week-178.6 Overall (-3.2) (Goal 165)
    nutrigaby- SW- 129 (Goal- 110) **welcome!!*
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Today I weighed in at 175.2. I am so excited! I havent been this weight in atleast 15 years! So I've lost 6.6 pounds since I started this challenge. I am not sure if I am going to be able to make it to 165 before finale because I was sidelined for a few weeks with another knee injury. But I am going to do the best I can. The old me would have given up, but I know I am much better than that now.

I consider myself to be like Kaylee and my husband to be like Moses. So that is the team that I have been rooting for. I can't wait to see how great everyone looks at the finale. I'm still not quite sure when the finale is or how many days actually go by from the last taped episode to the day of the live finale.

Every year, I would see the women start out bigger than me and end up smaller than me (i.e. Heba) and it drove me crazy. So this is finally going to be the year where I am as small as some of the larger contestants. Granted it feels like it took me forever to get there, I know I will keep the weight off because I did it slowly. I have adapted to this change and its not something that was given to me at the ranch and then I have learn how to go home and eat properly and find time to workout and balance my family life.

Well, that's my say. I wish this thread had gotten more exposure, I think it's a great opportunity to see how strong we really are.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Every year, I would see the women start out bigger than me and end up smaller than me (i.e. Heba) and it drove me crazy. So this is finally going to be the year where I am as small as some of the larger contestants. Granted it feels like it took me forever to get there, I know I will keep the weight off because I did it slowly. I have adapted to this change and its not something that was given to me at the ranch and then I have learn how to go home and eat properly and find time to workout and balance my family life.

I know how you feel! In the past, I usually feel less excited about the show later in the season because folks are passing me by (I started watching in the season where Ali won!). I'm glad we stuck with it though.. congrats on your 15-year low accomplishment! :D I hope you're giving your knee enough time to heal. You're definitely moving toward your goal: don't hurt yourself to save a few weeks.

Oh and I really like Courtney and relate to her personality. I like Kaylee and Moses too though, and they are kickin *kitten*! (By the way I've missed the last two episodes or so bc I haven't had full access to Web / hulu.. hoping to watch one today!)
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I don't really think Kaylee or Moses will when. I actually think that Courtney does have the best chance of winning. She already lost 100 pounds prior to BL so she knows how to do it at home. I can't wait until the finale to see how they look. I know a few contestants like Helen mentioned getting surgery to tighten up loose skin. I think the skin is extra loose because of how fast they lost it. Every season, I say that I'm not going to watch it because I think it exploits morbidly obese people, but every season, I get hooked on watching it again.

I am taking it easy on the knee, thanks for asking Marly. I am learning to choose my battles wisely when it comes to my workouts. I keep it light most of the week, so I can go to zumba and kickboxing in the middle of the week and then I keep it light the remainder of the week.

Well.... like the famous movie title, I guess its just "Marly & Me" :laugh:
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Yeah that's definitely why.. that's why it's better to lose weight around a couple pounds a week rather than like a pound a day, so your skin, etc. has time to adjust. That's a good point about Courtney - plus, with her family owning a gym, she has a lot of access to fitness resources.

Weigh in for this week: 136.4 (-11.7 overall)
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Sorry, apparently I can't do basic math this morning. That's a loss of 11.6, out of my goal of 18.

This week, moving has given me a stellar workout for my shoulders / arms. Woohoo!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Sorry, apparently I can't do basic math this morning. That's a loss of 11.6, out of my goal of 18.

This week, moving has given me a stellar workout for my shoulders / arms. Woohoo!

Great job on the loss! Are you all settled in your new place? We can all use help with arms and shoulders. I went to kickboxing today and I'm sore. I have zumba tomorrow and I meet with my trainer tomorrow, I know she is going to kill me.

Courtney's family also owns a DQ lol Back away from the blizzards and she should be fine! My favorite DQ treat is the mocha moolatte...but it is loaded with sugar and cals, so I very seldomly have one.

still don't know when the finale is...do you have any idea?
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I know we're considerably into the season - but can I join you guys? I get so much inspiration from the show!

My current weight is 271... I think I can lose 15 lbs before the finale... especially since I'm just "restarting" and will be spending a lot of time walking a new foster dog in the coming weeks.

Hope you'll let me join you all!

Oh... and my inspiration is Arthur... I miss him!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    WalkingGirl1985- SW: 188.4 This week- 186.0 Overall-( -2.4) (Goal- 173.0) (Not weighing in until April 1st)
    Sarina87- SW: 172 This week- 167 Overall- (-5) (Goal- 152)
    KARAsene82- SW- 169 This week- 165.5 Overall- (-3.5) (Goal -145)
    MemphisMarty- SW- 148 This week- 136.4 Overall- (-11.6) (Goal- 130)
    sassietigger- SW: 183.5 (Goal- 168)
    akb2006- SW- 237
    Amberlin SW- 176 This week- 172 Overall (-4) (Goal- 168)
    gmen2thebowl- SW- 222 This week- 222 Overall- (-0) (Goal- 207)
    kizzy - sw: 177 (goal by finale - 162)
    TeamLeela- SW- 181.8 This week-175.2 Overall (-6.6) (Goal 165)
    nutrigaby- SW- 129 (Goal- 110) **welcome!!*
    Sonjavon- SW: 271

Welcome sonja! We got a new member. Thanks Leela and Marty for your updates! :happy:
  • sonjavon
    Options
    Thanks for letting me join! Just got done watching tonight and I'm proud to say that I worked out while watching the first hour. I can't wait for next week... I really do love this show!!!
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Yay, welcome!

Hey Leela, I read on Wikipedia that the season finale is May 10.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Thanks for the info Marly. Its further away than I thought. I am more driven to do this. Wow, that Marci is a knockout And Ali looked stunning in that red dress last night. We are going to look just as fab at the finale. I think we should wear a nice outfit and take a picture and post it during the week of the finale.
  • sonjavon
    Options
    Marci is a knockout! Such an inspiration... on so many levels! Any thoughts on who they're bringing back?
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    My guess is Arthur...
  • sonjavon
    Options
    My guess is Arthur...

I Hope so!!!