P90x - All I can say is WOW!!!

Replies

• p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    IT'S HERE!!!!! :happy:

WOO HOO!!!! It's sweat and heavy breathing time!!!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    IT'S HERE!!!!! :happy:

Have fun!I I still do!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Hey Angelo, I'm starting it on Monday! Keep me posted, and I may turn to you for encouragement! Kathy:huh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Hey Angelo, I'm starting it on Monday! Keep me posted, and I may turn to you for encouragement! Kathy:huh:

Good luck, Kathy! It's an awesome program and you'll see awesome results if you stick to it!

Jess
  • joey16g
    joey16g Posts: 63
    Does anyone have P90X Disk 1 - Chest and Back that I could borrow/have/have a copy of? I ordered the set online (not from the website but from a different website/reseller) and all of the disks work and play great and are the originals (this was brand new shrinkwrapped) EXCEPT for Disk 1. I haven't started the program yet but I was just testing everything out and wanted to watch a little of the disks first to get an idea of the program.

Please contact me if you have it and could do this for me...I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Your friend in health,
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Hello, X warriors!

So, I did Arms & Shoulders today, no bonus and left Abs ripper for after work.
    The WO was OK, I was not using heavy weights so to get comfortable with the movements.
    I need to get more weights as well! I have 8 lbs as the heaviest.

Oh, my, what will my DH think! :D

I really must not ask him how my muscles look every day. The poor man is going bonkers.
    The classic "Does this dress make me look fat" replaced by "Honey, are my triceps starting to shape up?"

What a poor husband to say? Boouuaaahhhhahaha!
  • I need to get more weights as well! I have 8 lbs as the heaviest.

Umm, yeah! You will outgrow an 8 pound dumbbell set in no time if you havent already. Let me give you a very personal example. When I completed one round of the X I had to upgrade from a 25 pound dumbbell set to a 90 pound dumbbell set. HUGE difference the X made.

The poor man is going bonkers.
    The classic "Does this dress make me look fat" replaced by "Honey, are my triceps starting to shape up?"

What a poor husband to say? Boouuaaahhhhahaha!

AWESOME now that is hot :smile:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Thanks!
    Looks like X really worked for you!
    Keep it up!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,313 Member
    Did shoulders and arms tonight. I, too, need some more weights. My heaviest are 10 lbs.
    And this was my first Ab Ripper. Messed up and missed it with chest and back. All I can say is, "HOLY COW!" :ohwell:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Holly cow is right!

Going to bed early - totally wasted!

Thanks, Tony! :laugh:
  • p90x_Dude

Hello Kathy, keep me posted anyway I can help I'm here. I'm finishing my first round of p90x next week with my last recovery week. Guess what after that, you guessed it round (2), with extra cardio workouts mixed in there.

Let me know how I can help,
    Goe bless,
    Angelo
  • p90x_Dude
    Does anyone have P90X Disk 1 - Chest and Back that I could borrow/have/have a copy of? I ordered the set online (not from the website but from a different website/reseller) and all of the disks work and play great and are the originals (this was brand new shrinkwrapped) EXCEPT for Disk 1. I haven't started the program yet but I was just testing everything out and wanted to watch a little of the disks first to get an idea of the program.

Please contact me if you have it and could do this for me...I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Your friend in health,

Not sure how you can copy the dvd, but I'd be glad to send you a copy. I'm starting round two after next week.
  • p90x_Dude
    Did shoulders and arms tonight. I, too, need some more weights. My heaviest are 10 lbs.
    And this was my first Ab Ripper. Messed up and missed it with chest and back. All I can say is, "HOLY COW!" :ohwell:

After 12 weeks I'm still saying "HOLY COW!!!". That' muscle confusion for you though, no time to plateau.

Keep the change coming.
    God bless,
    Angelo
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Angelo:

Congrats! You are almost a p90x grad! AWESOME!

Did you take before and after pics and measurements? Will you share them.

I have been pushing play, but needed to take a few extra rest days because of hip issues and workout buddy was sick. Hope to do doubles this week and next before I go away.

all the best

Carol
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Angelo,

You are working it. Good for you. I'm in the second week of phase 2. I'm getting bored---not a Tony Horton fan but I'm still pressing play.
  • p90x_Dude
    Angelo,

You are working it. Good for you. I'm in the second week of phase 2. I'm getting bored---not a Tony Horton fan but I'm still pressing play.

Yep same here, I'm thinking of augmenting the workout a bit. Despite changing the routine it's getting pretting repetitive. I'm probably going to look at crossfit soon, but I too will keep pressing play. Stay encouraged and fit to improve on your results. My motivation is loosing what I've achieved.

Take care,
    Angelo
  • jessmomof3
    Yep same here, I'm thinking of augmenting the workout a bit. Despite changing the routine it's getting pretting repetitive. I'm probably going to look at crossfit soon, but I too will keep pressing play. Stay encouraged and fit to improve on your results. My motivation is loosing what I've achieved.

Take care,
    Angelo

That's what I love about P90X, you can change it around and use it in different ways. Honestly, I hardly ever watch the DVD's anymore, I just use the manual for my weight lifting w/ my hubby. It's worked great for us, and he's about done w/ his 2nd round!! He's having people ask him what he's doing and had a co-worker that is going to buy P90X after seeing his changes! :wink: If you want a shorter workout but still see results, try doing Chest & Back and Shoulders & Arms w/ just ONE set of each exercise (you know how they repeat doing the same exercise). But... do the first set with as HEAVY weights as you can, try to go no more than 10 reps, but closer to 8 reps. And do your pullups to failure, and then do as many negatives (use a chair to get over the bar if you have to, then lower slowly down). It's worked great for us and makes a quicker workout, only about 30 min!! HTH! Let me know if you need any more suggestions!

Jess
  • p90x_Dude

Take care,
    Angelo

That's what I love about P90X, you can change it around and use it in different ways. Honestly, I hardly ever watch the DVD's anymore, I just use the manual for my weight lifting w/ my hubby. It's worked great for us, and he's about done w/ his 2nd round!! He's having people ask him what he's doing and had a co-worker that is going to buy P90X after seeing his changes! :wink: If you want a shorter workout but still see results, try doing Chest & Back and Shoulders & Arms w/ just ONE set of each exercise (you know how they repeat doing the same exercise). But... do the first set with as HEAVY weights as you can, try to go no more than 10 reps, but closer to 8 reps. And do your pullups to failure, and then do as many negatives (use a chair to get over the bar if you have to, then lower slowly down). It's worked great for us and makes a quicker workout, only about 30 min!! HTH! Let me know if you need any more suggestions!

Jess

I really believe great minds think alike, this morning after I finished legs and back I looked at the log and thought, man I could combine workouts and only do one set to incorporate the entire body. Jess, get out of my head please.

Thanks
  • tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Hey Everyone! Good to see some fellow P90Xer's!!! In August I hit my 1 yr on P90X. I went from a size 14 to a size 5. The workouts are AWESOME! I am now at the end of Round 5. In February I won the transformation contest and $1,000. I now have the entire Tony Horton Collection. On this Round, I am doing the X with some P90X+ and his new 1 on 1 workouts! I am addicted to this workout program. My hardest thing, was learning how to eat clean. Now if I eat something bad, I tend to get sick. Even though I lost many sizes, I built muscles in my arms, shoulders, back, legs and I have ripped abs. I weigh 142 and that is my steady weight. I am 5'9" tall. I never step on the scale anymore and just go by how my clothes fit. TONIGHT IS P90X PLYOMETRICS! YEEEEHAAA!!!

Tena
  • jessmomof3
    I really believe great minds think alike, this morning after I finished legs and back I looked at the log and thought, man I could combine workouts and only do one set to incorporate the entire body. Jess, get out of my head please.

Thanks

You know it!! :laugh: How are you doing now, have you finished up your round??

Jess