T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Options

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Do not, I repeat...do not run in toning shoes!!! The stability us horrible and not natural for your running motion! I recently got lunarglides by nike, it's amazing how they feel, and so light! If you can run 15 min in those things you could run even further in real running shoes! Congrats on the progression! :) not treat your body to some asics or nikes lol
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hi all.... So I am having a hard time with staying on any kind of diet.. Well I decided to work with someone who can guide me along and watch me.. She actually lives in OR and I live in Nevada but hey I'm giving it a shot for 6 weeks.. Wish me luck... Today is my 2nd day..

Anita
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

I've had to force myself to get the calories I got in today. THAT'S pretty amazing! It used to be I had to cut dinner to keep the calories under 2000. My focus this week is veggies, and my lunches have been a pretty delicious green salad. I had my emulsified fruits every morning, and prefer fruit for snacks (except for celery and cream cheese...yum!). Protein and fibre are still high, and OMG get the SatFat Cops...I went over by 1 today! I think I'm going to change my watches and get rid of Sodium...rarely a problem as I try to avoid processed foods, and check my sugars. Having Diabetes all around me in the gene pool, it's something I should keep an eye on...'specially in my advanced years.

Beez, I have a pair of those rounded soled sandals and really like them for walking around. I don't know I could use them in a serious workout routine. If your knees are hurting, ask your chiropractor. Your hips could be unaligned. Happens to me all the time. It amazes me...I lay on her table and she sez..."Ooooh Vicki, you're crooked in the hips again." An old motorcycle injury that won't go away. :sad:

Shawna, I love love love your new profile pix. What a cute couple you two are. I can't wait to meet you...(and Deb, and Cyndi and all the PNW THE team members). We'll have to pick a central location...Winthrop works for me :laugh:

OMG, Vicky I'm so sorry you're having such a horrible week or two. Nice thing about viruses...they kill each other off eventually. It's been a very long time since I've had to worry about homework assignments, but I totally understand the difficulties of keeping it together when the body and mind aren't working as a team. Hopefully next week will be better for you. Silly hint...if you're retaining water (feeling bloated) DRINK water. It's like priming a pump, once there's water in the line, the pump will never stop running. :noway:

Okay gals...see ya tomorrow

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Blimey i was feeling miserable yesterday. I'd tried a workout and i'd had to give up after 5 minutes so was feeling pretty defeated. Still i managed a walk later on though.

Vicki..yeah it's been a while for me too. I'm 33 now, trying to get some qualifications to get a job that i can get a mortgage with. I'm hoping to get on a degree in september if not this year then definately next year. The oh had a car accident december '09 and hasn't been able to work since. He broke his neck and his arm. His neck and arm have been repaired so he can walk but his heart was also damaged and he's had to have a pacemaker as his heart kept stopping. That was a bog wake up call for me, i thought i need to be fit and healthy to take care of our kids and provide for our family.

I bet it felt great to have to struggle to get TO your calorie goal yesterday. I can't wait till i'm their i never have trouble reaching mine *lol*

Welcome to the thread Anita

mizabeez...woohoo 15 minutes running. I really would like to run at some point. I used to years ago but it's been a long time. I have been pondering the c25k but it still seems like it might be beyond me right now.
  • vikalyn
    Options
    vikalyn sw=232; lw=223.5; cw=223--> 1½ pounds gone forever!

Had to post my stats before I forgot tonight. I'm punting on the format--Have a wonderful day ladies! *Ü*

Crud! it's snowing! I'll have to change my clothes before going to work! Blimey (great word Vicky!)
  • nitag
    Options
    I've actually been an original Team member since the start in 2009...

So I have my food and exercise plan and the next 2 weeks will be hard but worth it...

I can't wait to see the outcome.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I hope T.H.E. doesn't mind if I jump in here? Is this thread open to newbies? I've been on track for 25 days and have really found strength in MFP friends. I love the fact that this thread seems to discus smart nutrition. I need reassurance that what I'm eating is the right way to do it.

Do you have a weekly challenge? I weigh in on Mondays and will check back in then.

Make it a great weekend!
    ~ReNae
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals!!!

Hey, thanks for the Kudos! I pretty happy with myself losing 1½ pounds this week! Sorta over did today, but I'll make up for it tomorrow :smile:

I know, Anita, you're one of the THE originals! Good for you getting two weeks of menus together. I find it's so much easier to have the meals planned...and not so much for the "diet", but it just makes my evenings go much smoother! Looking forward to watching your progress.

Renae...there is ALWAYS room for one more. And you are right...there are quite a few of us that like to talk nutrition. Shawna is REALLY good...I've been on one program or another for a very LONG LONG time and gathered some good information (putting it to practice is another thing, however). We will cheer you on, and help you out when something isn't working right for you.

I'd chat more, but it's been a long day and I'm exhausted. Fixed "Cheeseburger Pie" for dinner cuz it's quick, and if ya don't eat too much it's not a diet killer. Course, that's pretty much true of anything!

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Vicki, I really enjoy your posts! You make me smile! :) btw, I did not put jeremy's underwear in the cereal box, I managed to hace a.small piece of dark chocolate and call it good ;)
    Renae, yes! Welcome!!! :) lots of cheerleaders in here.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday, but forgot to post it. No weight gain :happy: but no weight loss either:angry:
  • utahsis
    utahsis Posts: 49
    Options
    HI everyone! Just got back from my conference and went immediately to my computer to catch up on everyone! It just feels like coming home to the family :) Hugs all around!

Busy, but fun week with my 4-H volunteers and leaders. They are such amazing people with true hearts of gold -- they just feed my soul. Rather than staying in a hotel, we had a very generous donor who allowed us to use his large and lovely home! We kept saying "we were all staying at the big house" -- fortunately no prision term involved! We all felt incredibly pampered to stay in the big, yellow farm house. It instantly felt like home -- no doubt a well-paid interior decorator created this inviting, peaceful environment that came complete with a mooing cow and a rooster in the morning!

Too busy to work out durig the conference, but did get in a 3 1/2 mile hike (aka mountain climb) this morning. It was super exciting to not be holding back the group. I can definitely say thank you to Jillian Michaels for the last three weeks of SHRED; I have no doubt that the Shred conditioning made all the difference. My colleages were a bit concerned about my blue lips from a lack of oxygen, but I survived! I'll have to show you pics of the terrain we hiked.

Managed to eat healthy the whole time -- even passed up dessert, ice cream and cookies Have to admit I'm drinking several classes of wine now that I'm home -- and a bubble bath may need to be in my immediate future-- but heck, I'm eating red peppers for a snack, so that has to balance out calorie-wise right? LOL

I'll check in more later in the weekend -- that bubble bath is calling my name...
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Welcome back sis We missed you!! Sounds like you had a lovely week. Wish I could have been with you.

I managed a 45 minute walk in my neighborhood today. The sun was out and it was beautiful. I cleaned my kitchen, got my laundry done and washed my bedding and then I was bad and baked brownies. I've wanted some since the first of the year but didn't make any until today. I then proceeded to eat 3 of those bad boys!! My mistake was eating the first one while it was still really warm. I love them warm. So I proceeded to eat 2 more. So my dinner was the 3 brownies and a half cup of chocolate milk while I thought of my good friend Cyndi and her chocolate milk. I still had over 600 calories left to eat today but I am not going to eat them. I am not hungry so I am ok. I had a good breakfast.

My thyroid is acting up again...I get this sensation of a lump in my throat when I swallow. Last time it felt that way my blood work showed that the numbers from the last blood test had jumped from a 7 to a 19. The 7 was high enough. I don't understand the numbers but my doctor said the number should be at a 3 or 4. I have just increased my thyroid meds from a 1/2 grain to 1 grain so hope that helps the sensation of a lump when I swallow, makes me feel like gagging.

Hawaiiandreamer...it's nice to see you post but we would love if you'd talk more to us. Tell us about yourself. I had 97lb I wanted to lose when I started in 2009. I decided this time to break my goals up to smaller goals so it didn't seem so far off. When I started trying to lose in November I had gone from 272 down to 255. So I decided to start over at 255 and give myself a goal of 55lbs to get to 200lbs, then after that I will start over again and go for 25 more. Once I reach my goal I will change my ticker to show the whole 97lbs. The smaller goals seem more obtainable for me. I can't wait to see us both make our goal. I hope we can help one another.

So did everyone see the super moon tonight?? It was pretty. Then clouds covered it. I got a couple of pictures but I didn't remember to take them until the clouds started to cover it.

Well I am headed to bed. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!! Hugs to all
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

It was a beautiful day in the Methow Valley....even though we woke up to two inches of snow this morning. I knew it wouldn't be long before it was gone, with some of the other stuff still on the grounds, as by 9am it was already up to 37°.

I dinked around on my 'puter this morning looking for recipes (Hello, my name is Vicki and I'm a recipe-holic), cleaned the kitchen and then our medicine cabinet before meeting some girlfriends at the local health food store (of all places) for a little wine tasting. And after three (or was it four) "tastes" we went to a Pampered Chef Party....(Hello, my name is Vicki and I'm a Pampered Chef-holic). I spent a lot of time demonstrating the utensils while the consultant (this was her third showing) put together a wonderful meal! Oh, I forgot to mention...before meeting the girls for wine I took a pretty substantial stroll around town. Lots of muddy spots, but could walk around them easily enough without getting splashed.

Ha, Sis, that's so cool you had to long on to us after your conference! Glad you had such a wonderful time. I can imagine how great is was to take that hike and keep up...but why were your lips blue?

So Deb...what did you do with the REST of the brownies?????? You are right...if you're gonna eat brownies..eat 'em while they're warm. You are doing such an awesome job! I don't know I could remain so motivated with the health issues you face.

YES, Dreamer...ditto Deb. Talk to us! It's easier to cheer you on when we know you better.

Well, so, I HAVE to do some serious housework tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be another beautiful day and DH will have a better idea, like take a drive or something. Tune in....

• nitag
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has experienced this but this morning I cried just about through my entire workout.. I kept thinking to myself how I let myself get this way.. I'm so mad at myself. Why is it that I love food so much? I LOVE it. I miss it and I want something yummy... It was even hard to get it my work out done. It's like I am mourning the loss of food!! Really is all I keep saying to myself.

I am still so disappointed in myself. I've been trying and failing at losing weight for so many years now. I am going to be 47 this year and I don't want to be the fat old lady... I don't care about being skinny I just want a healthy weight and to be healthy...

Sorry for venting... IT's just a tuff morning for me...

Anita
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Anita I know the feeling honey!! I am 52 and been heavy since I was 20. I hate it and I hate looking in the mirror and wonder all the time how did I get this way. I am not thinking about being on a "diet" I am trying to learn portion control. I eat EXACTLY what I want but I measure out everything. If it says 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes is a serving..that is what I eat. That is why logging is sooo important to me. I have See' Chocolate chips that have 70 calories in 10 chips. I count out those 10 chips and have my chocolate fix. I have been reading more about nutrition and good carbs and such and trying to eat some better foods other than all the processed foods I normally eat...so I am changing SLOWLY instead of trying to do it all at once and failing. I can't eat raw veggies they kill my stomach so I've not tried to eat those kind of snacks...but I count out 20 almonds and 1/3 cup of dried cranberries and eat that for a snack. Try to change and be healthier one little thing at a time and see if that helps. Don't overwhelm yourself trying to go from out of control to perfect health all at once.

Deb
  • nitag
    Options
    Thanks Deb.. I know this is going to have to be a life style change for me.. I'm just so frustrated.. I actually got a scale so I can weigh everything...

I want to stop eating crap... But lets be honest, I know that I am going to have to eat chocolate now and then... I just want it controlled.. Life throws challenges and boy am I being challenged right now.. I have a ton of things going on and sometimes I think right now isn't the time for this but I NEED TO DO THIS...

Okay I am going to go workout for a bit.. Maybe that will help me feel better..

Anita
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Amen to Deb's post, Anita.

I cried when I read your post...I don't think there is a single person on this site (and I mean the WHOLE MFP site) that have not experienced how you felt this morning.

1. Change your mindset: Don't say good bye to food, we have to have food to survive. Turn it around and say HELLO to healthy eating...which, BTW doesn't mean you have to completely stop eating what your enjoy most. Just enjoy them in smaller portions, and not so often. Then it's a treat to savour! Also, with a little practice, healthy eating is also tasty! My DH and more over my DMIL have a hard time believing I cook "diet" foods that are so delicious.

2. Watch your progress. I can promise you, when you keep up with your program you will cry again...but this time because you reached a goal (like half way there, or got through a tough exercise routine).

3. PMS (Poor Me Syndrome) is totally allowed, but use it sparingly (like chocolate). Good in small doses, but over use may cause you to believe your negative thoughts and may cause a downturn your self esteem. Not healthy no matter what you're eating.

4. Stick with us. We are here because we recognize we can't do it alone, and we are also here for you when YOU need us. NEVER forget that.

Make tomorrow a better day....

*Ü*
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Excellent response Vicki, as usual! :-D
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I was going to check in on Friday, I really was! I forgot that I was going away for the weekend.

I don't have a tonne of time right now, I am on my lunch break. But woot! I somehow managed to lose 2 pounds last week!
    I am really looking forward to getting myself back in the 160's. Hopefully that will come by the end of this month!
    I was feeling pretty terrible this morning, and was in so much pain, but finally got myself to the gym and did a bit of yoga. That is about all I could get myself up to do. I am feeling much better now, so I am thinking at some point before the end of the day I should do a good run. Still need to buy new shoes though, these toners are pretty terrible.

Keep up the amazing work, y'all!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You girls are all so great. Deb & Vicki & Shawna - all of your positive thought for Anita are so true. They help to keep me focused as well. The best advise I can give it to take it one day at a time. I know I can do TODAY. Sometimes that's all that I can handle since the long range goal is so discouraging to think about. But we can do it. The fact that each of us has lost weight - even 1 pound - proves that we are capable. I've never felt more empowered because I am doing this for ME and since I'm a control freak, I choose to control what I eat in a positive way.

My mini goal this week is to try Wii Just Dance - my girls will get a great giggle out of it I'm sure!

Question: what margarine or butter substitute do you all recommend? We've been using Smart Balance but I'm finding there are several variations of this. I also use ICBINB spray which is basically 0 0 0 0, but what do you cook with?

Thanks and happy losing!