T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Options

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Renae, honestly, I cook with none of them! I don't bake so I don't know the best substitute in that respect, but vicki may. I use olive oil in a spray misto as a cooking spray because I know it's real and not a saturated fat. The misting.things are great cuz you get just enough to coat the pan for you. As for the buttery taste, I kind of just got used to it not being in my food. I use lots of salt free seasonings and olive oil for pan cooking and making dinners. In many cases you can sub peanut butter or apple sauce for the oil or butter in sweeter things and it tastes great and adds nutritional value! Instead of oil and butter, I've sometimees use d chicken broth or vegetable broth with cooking dinner. When using butter or margarine....closest to the source the better, so less mystery filler ingredients for sure...and use in moderation as it is still a saturated fat that is solid at room temp....arteries don't like that so much. ;) but I know some things just can't go without it! Hehe
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey guys. It's been a few weeks since I've checked in. I did a weigh in the other day and I'm sad. I've gained back almost ten pounds. I'm not for sure the exact amount because of the time that I weighed in I was mid cycle and I always gain a few pounds. So I'm hoping that I haven't gained a whole ten pounds...

My pants still fit almost the same... the guys say my butt is getting bigger but I dunno lol. I'm hoping to start p90 soon. I can't wait. I need to start again, but I'm just so tired all the time.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Anita..you so aren't alone..did you see how mis i was in my post the other day. I was feeling so sorry for myself.

Talking of which i had to restart my assignment all over again. I have no idea how i'm going to cope with a degree in september. I can't seem to keep going in one direction for more than 2 seconds *lol* My tutor says i just need to pick a topic and stick with it instead of changing my mind every 5 minutes.

Renae..i pretty much cook with whatever i have in. icbinot, marg etc. I do usually have anchor lighter or lurpak lighter but some weeks my purse hasn't enough in it for them as they are more expensive so i use the cheaper ones. I don't really think it makes a massive difference in flavour. Most things i bake or cook have enough flavour that i can't taste the butter/marg anyway.

Deb that was a good post. I'm really trying hard to see it as a lifestyle choice too, but eh if i had some chocolate chips in the house i couldn't just have a few. I don't have that will power.
  • utahsis
    utahsis Posts: 49
    Options
    Had my weigh in today and was sad that I hadn't lost any weight. I'm trying to keep it in perspective (at least I didn't gain at the conference) but drats, it's still disappointing. Makes it really easy to start down that slippery slope of poor little me...

But, as you guys said to Anita, it's small steps forward. So I'll treat this week like the gift it is -- a whole, new week to be healthy and active. I'll not only eat right, but I'll make time for exercise and chugg that water down my throat if it kills me :)

Off to Shred...
  • utahsis
    Options
    Blue lips from lack of oxygen -- but they turned pink again once my breathing resumed to normal and I rested a bit, so no worries... Since having my lung removed, really physically exerting activities like that crazy hike - aka mountain climb -- make it pretty difficult to keep up with my body's oxygen needs. Not to worry, my doc says I can do anything that I want other than scuba diving, so here's to many adventures ahead.
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

Gotta be quick...it's late, and I almost forgot to post. I've been getting sloppy in logging my foods and workouts, can't have that, it will lead to sloppy eating. I logged way under calories the last couple of days, which makes me believe I've forgotten a few nibbles. I get cranky under 1100 calories...but then...DH HAS been spending a lot of time in his Man Cave....Ü

Welcome back Kelly! You have been missed. I catch your FB posts and you sound like your busy...but...see above. Stick around, we'll cheer you on as you whittle away those pounds!

I'm with Shawna, Renae. A fine spritz of Olive Oil when using the fry pan and add broth if more moisture is needed. Wine works sometimes, too. The alcohol cooks out. When baking I use unsweetened applesauce to replace the oil, butter or shortening. I like the butter flavored spray on my veggies, and when I have a roll, IF I'm going to put on a spread it's usually light cream cheese. Like sugar, the less you use it, the less you miss it.

I have a VERY busy week this week. I'll do my very best to get on every night, except probably Wednesday (Planning Commission). So my challenge for the week will be to log my foods EVERYDAY. I have the MFP ap on my phone, so there should be NO excuses!

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • Painten
    Options
    Utahsis..whenever i feel bad about how slow i'm losing i keep in mind that the slower you lose the weight the more likely you are to keep it off. That's what we all want isn't it not just a temporary loss but a permanent loss.
  • utahsis
    Options
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry *bows profusely*

I have been so very busy this week and was doing research on how to maintain good health and fitness. I have a few ideas. I would love to try out Zumba. When I get home tonight from work, I am going to learn a routine to Waka Waka by Shakira. I think it will be super fun.
    So I have exciting news: I can now jog for a straight 15 mins. Woot! I am working towards being able to run for long periods of time in case there is a zombie apocalypse. This is almost serious. LOL. In real life, of course, I want to have the endurance to run long distance in 5k races this summer.
    I am running into issues with my knee joints, however. I am not sure if I am not running properly or not, or maybe my shoes are just terrible. I am using those 'slimming' shoes that are marketed to make your butt tone while you walk -.-; I can't believe I fell for such a ridiculous marketing scheme, but anyway. I guess I should research getting proper shoes for myself. Any suggestions that won't break my bank account?

Hm, as for the challenge, I don't know if I have been following it. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits but I don't know if I eat as much as you guys have suggested this week. I am still being super healthy though.

I did weigh in on Sunday, but since I didn't end up posting, I will just wait til tomorrow to post so that I can catch up with y'all with weigh-ins.

See you again tomorrow for weigh in!!! Looking forward to it!

I agree with Shawna -- do not run in these. In fact, last week on the news I heard there is a class action suit against the company saying that the shoes cause an unnatural walking pattern and has been associated with hip injuries. Don't know if it will prove true or not, but if they're having difficulties in walking injuries, just imagaine the potential with running. Trust a reputible running shoe that is designed for that purpose. Best wishes in your running pursuits!
  • utahsis
    Options
    Okay - I'm a blog-virgin.... I meant to quote missabeez regarding her running shoe quest , not Shawna...

Whoever said "you're never too old to learn" might not have met me...
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    He he no worries, I got your point! :)
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the 'buttery ideas'! I am finding that going without works for me and I'm not really missing it, but I love to bake and have been trying some healthy muffin recipes etc. for my family. I like the tip someone mentioned about using chix broth if I need to add moisture.

It snowed 6" here in Maine last night so I guess I won't be walking outside as soon as I thought! My goal this Spring is to start running. Something I haven't done in at least 17 years!

Have a great night everyone! Go chug that water!!!
    ~ReNae
  • tangoterry
    tangoterry Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I was reading through your posts and I love your energy and the upbeat theme that everyone has. I know that it is easier to keep a group small so everyone has a chance to connect and remember one another, but I was wondering if you could tack me on, kinda like an afterthought. lol

:) Terry
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome TangoTerry!! We are a small group cause some of our gals don't come and post as often as they should!! Then I have to go and hunt them down!

i'm just home for lunch so not enough time to really post but I wanted Tangoterry to know she was welcome. Have a great day all!

Deb
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Today is Tuesday.... It's been slow today.. I was able to get in some healthy food and A lot of water...

I am feeling much better today... I sure had a rough weekend and I know why.. Yup Aunt Flo.. Damn she depresses me when she visits.. I can't wait for her to die.. I'm almost 47 so shouldn't that be soon ??

Hi Kelly.... Good to see you back. I'm sure those 10 lbs will come off soon.. I hear ya on the being tired.. I'm tired all the time.. Busy stressed, you name it... It's all there...

I'm trying to be more accountable for what goes in my mouth... So I am logging it all... I'm staying within my calorie goal.. Focused I am..

Talk to ya all later...

Anita
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Kind of an emotional day. Said so long to my boss and friend and hello to my new boss, a stranger. Old boss messaged me on FB on what a great job I've been doing and to call if I needed to "talk". Made me cry. It just won't be the same!

So I appeased myself with MASHED potatoes (with cream cheese and sour cream...no butter...no gravy) with our chicken dinner. AND stayed under calories!

Need to get to bed...have a great Wednesday, Gals.

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Vicki - I can relate . . . My boss (and president of our company) left last friday after 38 years. I've been here for 15 years so he has been my friend and mentor most of my 23 year career. I miss him dearly and it can be tough forming new relationships. Like everything else TIME will help us move forward. Good luck and I'll bet those mashed potatoes were great! Way to keep it in check though!!

I have to say that I'm nervous about my journey. When I began it was like a switch went off in my head. I ate mindlessly for so many years and always ignored conversations that were based around eating healthy blah blah blah. I'm nervous because in these first 30 days I have not really had one craving or cheat day and it hasn't been difficult for me. I feel like at some point something inside me is going to snap and I'll never get this 'CAN DO' attitude back. I feel a calm and unemotional about food (which is unusual for me) so I'm hoping it's the healthy eating and exercise that is giving me that?? I am reading Dr. Oz's book "You on a Diet" and so much of it is making sense to me. OK - enough rambling. I'm keeping it positive and hoping this ride last!!

Happy losing ladies!! And a big welcome to TangoTerry!

~ReNae
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

Thanks Shawnee and Renae for the encouraging words. I'm feeling MUCH better today. Didn't spend a lot of time with the new Chief today, but what little time we were in the office together was quality. I think we'll get along fine (I hope I hope I hope).

Still missing out on posting ALL my foods and exercise. I'm getting lazy, there's no other way to look at it.

Renae...I LOVE Dr. Oz. I've not read his diet book, but have his and Dr. Katz (?) on Your Body, the Owners Manual. Very interesting, and funny too. They say, "Eat to live, don't live to eat." Keep up the good work. Personally I enjoy great tasting meals...it's sometimes hard work to put them together, but sooooo wellll worth it!

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Vicki, you logged today though?! That's something!
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals!!!

Tomorrow is check in day. I'm not feeling too light, so I"ll be happy to maintain. Good luck to everyone!

Shawna....love love love your new profile! You're looking VERY athletic

Happy Losing....Vicki,,,*Ü*
  • Painten
    Options
    Uhmed and ahhhed about weighing in today, stomach is feeling a bit off so thinking it's about tom, i have no pattern so i can't ever know for sure till it happens, but i did weigh in and 1lbs loss which i better than nothing. Good luck everyone else with your weigh-in's.

sw 301 cw 284 that's a 1lb loss for this week