March Move Your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I moved it for another 2 miles on the treadmill this time!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    2.22 miles and lots of heavy shoveling
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    4.05 on treadmill watching biggest loser...just walking tonight....updated siggie
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    Cross trained today at the gym - bike and eliptical for 13 miles!

exercise.png
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    2.25 miles tonight
    W1 D1 C25K workout
    and 10 mins of weight training
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Another 4.16 miles walking on the treadmill while watching Biggest Loser.
    Today was really hard. :frown: I am glad I made it as far as I did, but I don't understand why it was such a struggle today when I've walked farther plenty of times without an issue. :huh:
    Super tired now. :yawn: See you all tomorrow for another day of miles moved.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Moved my *kitten* running on the treadmill for 3.1 miles and then walked really fast for another 1.1 miles tonight.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I can now safely say that publishing charts results in a flurry of activity. Yesterday we moved 220 miles in a single day (total is 2,254 miles).

Some people asked me how I track my calories and how the numbers are so high. Well, I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 to track the workouts. The main issue with the device is that it only takes time and distance into consideration, thus the calorie count is totally wrong. To get a realistic estimate of my burn I input the workout data into http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm which returns power and calories as a function of heart rate, taking into account my age, my weight etc, so I finally get this:

24-3-201111-45-35.png
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Some people asked me how I track my calories and how the numbers are so high. Well, I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 to track the workouts. The main issue with the device is that it only takes time and distance into consideration, thus the calorie count is totally wrong. To get a realistic estimate of my burn I input the workout data into http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm which returns power and calories as a function of heart rate, taking into account my age, my weight etc, so I finally get this:

This is really cool--and, as you probably know, adds to the mounting pile of evidence that you really are a numbers geek. :wink:

Thanks for sharing this (and for tracking all of us here)!
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

This is really cool--and, as you probably know, adds to the mounting pile of evidence that you really are a numbers geek. :wink:

Thanks for sharing this (and for tracking all of us here)!
    [/quote]

:laugh:

10.8 miles biked this morning
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Walked 6 miles on the treadmill this morning.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Ran 4.5, walked .5 on the treadmill!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    4.5 done so far today. Trying my hand at roller blading later on. Hopefully I don't end up breaking that hand.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    At least 3 miles walked today around London but not sure exactly how many as i forgot to turn step thingy on!!!!! :embarassed: :laugh:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    3.44 miles today
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    1.75 miles tonight
    W1 D2 C25K workout
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    Only 3 miles today. Should have been an easy run....it wasn't.
    Rt shin is sore after running on the treadmill last week (have I mentioned how much I despise the treadmill?) - I've had a shin splint flair up since that treadmill run that I've been icing. :mad:
    It was bothering me today so I just did a short run - maybe I'm paranoid after reading up on shin splints? LOL! Sigh.
    I'll do nothing tomorrow and just gym crosstraining on Saturday, in hopes of it feeling better for my long run on Sunday.

exercise.png
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've gone another 7.6 miles. With another week left... maybe I can make it? Haha, no, probably not anywhere close to 60. We'll see where I land.
  • vhuber
    Options
    My GS wanted to play downstairs tonite for awhile, so I walked 1.5 miles on the TM while he played!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    4.2 miles today in gym.