6-week challenge: Spring into Fitness

Options

Replies

• oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    It's Monday, which means I'll weigh more today than I will tomorrow. At least I hope that's true because the scale was not kind to me this week. Sure I drank some beers this weekend, but I also exercised my but off 5083 calories burned! I will not let this bum me out, but I will instead embrace it and make changes!

SW: 175
    week 1: 173 (172 on Tuesday)
    this week: 172.5
    and just because I need a little kick in the pants - goal for next week: under 171

this week's challenge:
    fitness: going to dust off my kettlebell to do additional strength training. I'm please with the amount of strength training I've been doing, I have the awesomest bicep muscles I've ever had, and my legs are showing some real tone too. While my abs are also really strong, I'm going to give them more focus this week b/c I want to kick some butt on the little side-challenge some of us have going - racing to be the 1st to flat belly/6pack abs (bring it ladies!)

food: it's time for me to really watch my sodium. It's been on my food log for a while and I notice it's frequently in the red or close to. For this week I'm going to focus on keeping it out of the red (2500) all week. Also going to watch carbs, because I think that this will help to kick start my loss again. I tend to be really good on getting enough protein (often in the red) but also get too close to red for carbs and together this seems no good. Going to shoot for 100ish carbs/day.

Can't wait to try the bonus challenge. I think I'll try to squeeze in a walk with my daughter in the stroller and my 10lb kettlebell in a backpack after work today, weather cooperation required of course.
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i just done my measurements and im down everywhere except my calves up one centermeter. i know its to soon to be muscle from last week beside that should make them smaller (i wonder if my muscles are retaining some water form all that hard work last week) probs just me wishful thinking but still that 1centermeter is coming from something.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Weighing in!!

SW 3/14: 167
    CW 3/28: 165.5

Down 1.5 lbs

Yay! Even though I wish it was a solid 2 lbs...I believe the exercise challenge and eating more cals really helped me this past week. Can't wait to start the new challenge today...I need more strength training in. My walks involve stretch band work which is part of it but I'm going to incorporate some more dumbbell work doing chest flys, etc. Chest flys are from the shred and they really work to sculpt your arms!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    No loss for me this week. Still 150.0. I'm gonna kick it into gear this week, though, and that number will be smaller next week!
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Scale did not budge this morning, still at 150
    goal 140lbs
  • stefv86
    stefv86 Posts: 60
    Options
    I LOST 4 POUNDS!!!!

Start: 204
    Today: 200!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Also, I like the challeneges this week.
    I'm going to focus on keeping my carbs under, and my sodium around where it should be (I always seem to go WAY over there!)
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Funny this link was just on my Facebook wall:
    http://www.active.com/women/Articles/4-Strength-Training-Tips-to-Slim-Down.htm?cmp=17-7-387
    How do we make links click-able again?

Great to read for this weeks challenge!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I LOST 4 POUNDS!!!!

Start: 204
    Today: 200!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

@stefv86 - Nice loss! You'll be in ONEderland before you know it...keep up the great work!!

@Jessica - good article...thanks for sharing!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hellllllooooooo ONEDERLAND!!!! :bigsmile:
    196 for me this week...that's 4 lbs for me too!!

Congrats, Stef!! That's awesome, girlie!! :flowerforyou:
    I think I might be beginning to find my groove...thanks to these AWESOME challenges!!!

Ok, back to work...Happy Monday!! :tongue:
  • ceejay000
    Options
    Funny this link was just on my Facebook wall:
    http://www.active.com/women/Articles/4-Strength-Training-Tips-to-Slim-Down.htm?cmp=17-7-387
    How do we make links click-able again?

Great to read for this weeks challenge!

As far as I can tell, we can't make clickable links to pages outside of MFP. That's a great article, though! Definitely motivating to get going with this week's challenge :smile:.
  • ceejay000
    Options
    Hellllllooooooo ONEDERLAND!!!! :bigsmile:
    196 for me this week...that's 4 lbs for me too!!

Congrats, Stef!! That's awesome, girlie!! :flowerforyou:
    I think I might be beginning to find my groove...thanks to these AWESOME challenges!!!

Ok, back to work...Happy Monday!! :tongue:

Congratulations! Keep up the good work :).
  • gorgeousgunner
    Options
    SW: 190
    CW: 188
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    6-week challenge:
    3/14 SW: 259
    3/21 CW 254
    3/28 CW: 249
    Lost 5lbs

4/25 GW: 240

Only 9 lbs to go!!! Yay!!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    I am finally down this week!!!

SW (3/14) - 189.2
    (3/21) - 189.2
    CW (3/28) - 187.4

I am still not super happy, but its a start. I didn't meet the exercise goal last week, but i did do more than my usual, so I am happy with that. This weeks challenge sounds good. I am going to the gym tonight, and I was only going to do the elliptical, but now I will run and do my strength training!! I have to lose more weight before I go home at Easter! As for food - I am going to watch my sodium, and fat...

Good luck everyone!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Weighing in for the week, I was a little bit down to just see -.8 weight loss for the week. Wow I've worked my tail off all week. Maybe increased strength training will shake things up a bit. Good luck to everyone this week:)
    Challenge SW 161
    CW 159.2
  • Julieash
    Julieash Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had been sick and couldn't do workouts because of my ankle.. I had went back up to 152 and this morning I was back down to 151.2 will work extra hard this week :)
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Spring into Fitness SW 197.6
    3/21 193.4
    3/28 191.2
    down 2.2 from last week

Last week, I had found some strength exercises (pushups, chinups, etc.) on Marksdailyapple,com that had progressive modifications for beginners. Of course, I can't find the page now, but I'll keep looking and share.

I'm aiming for <100 g carbs, <1500 mg sodium, and meeting my net calorie goal.
  • downby15
    downby15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I ended up not losing anything this week. I'm a little bummed, but I kind of expected it bc my week ended on a terrible note. It's also the beginning of TOM for me, so I'm hoping that has something to do with it. I'm going to kick it into high gear this week and make up for this past week.

SW: 140lbs
    3/21:139lbs
    3/38:139lbs
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    PW 181.2
    CW 179.6
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Don't be bummed everyone if you didn't lose...I didn't last week. Take your measurements, that reassured me last week, it really did. I hadn't lost for quite awhile but I finally did this week. It gets frustrating for sure!
    No problem about the article guys, it was really good info. When people think of strength training they think they are gonna bulk up but that's not true. You might gain but I have found that to be perfectly normal. I'd rather have muscle under my fat instead of more fat, LOL.
    If anyone has any strength training exercises they want to share then please do. I would love to know as well. Stretch band work is good for strength training if you have one of those...or resistance bands!!