Team UK - March 2011

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Glastonbury is my reason for being here. It better be warm this year, as I plan on being thin and fit enough to walk around in teeny shorts and a strappy top!

If I'm not thin enough, well Glasto people are just going to have to stare at the lumps as well!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Never actually been to Lanzarote. Going to Costa Teguise. Nice? :ohwell:

It said it's the nicest of the Canaries, and I liked the whole thing of it being volcanic, nice landscape etc.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    backinthenines - lanzarote for a week sounds just the ticket! :bigsmile: Having a good sob is something everyone needs after something like that, but you are doing great in trying to move on and focus on other things! :drinker:

Thanks hun, believe me I've done the sobbing, and on and off I still do... but I need to try to get on with it now.

Glad to hear you are getting on with life, it's only natural for you to still be upset at times. I'm sorry I haven't replied to your posts before but I was thinking there was something in the air, I've been having man trouble too!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options

It said it's the nicest of the Canaries, and I liked the whole thing of it being volcanic, nice landscape etc.

Yeah I like the landscape (some people think it's depressing though, beaches are black!) I love it, especially with the lovely white houses (no high buildings). And it's very small. We hired a car the first time we were there and had seen the whole island by 5pm (and we had the car for 3 days LOL)
    Costa Teguise is small, very friendly. Lovely little square with bars and restaurants. And only a busride away (extremely good bus service) from Puerto del Carmen, if you want a bit of a madder night out.
  • backinthenines
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't replied to your posts before but I was thinking there was something in the air, I've been having man trouble too!

Aw.... sorry to hear that. Tis rubbish isn't it. :frown:
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Lanza is really popular with triathletes. There are a few training camps on the island and it hosts an Ironman race too. I thought I might hire a bike to explore the island... :smile:
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :smile: And how are we all today?

Lanzarote wouldn't be a place I personally wouldn't want to go back to in a hurry, although I know plenty of people who go every year.... I just found that there wasn't enough for me to do during the day (I'm not the sort of person who lies by the pool for a week), and the day trips, etc were fairly limited. At night, though, there are lots of lovely restaurants and bars :drinker:

We've been in talks about holidays this year (I haven't been away in 3 years now) and we're thinking about going to Portugal in September/October, but we've also been talking about taking a little trip over to Alton Towers in May!
  • rachie78sw
    Options
    Morning all, whats happened to the sunshine!!! :grumble:

Well today I have had a comment from one of the guys I work with that it looks like I have lost weight..... so why does the scale say bloody different :cry:

I must invest in a tape measure. I did take photos last weekend, before I started my running so I am hoping to see a differance :smile:
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Measuring is such a good idea, i'm going to measure again next week....its been 2 months so hoping for a change!!!

Also measured my body fat on the machine in the gym last week, so will do that when the weight loss stalls next!!!

Good luck:bigsmile:
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options

Backinthenines - I'm going to Costa Teguise over Easter!! When are you going?
  • backinthenines
    Options

27th April for a week. :drinker:
    You there same time? :smile:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Mairgheal - fear not we're not taking any chances with contraception - I love my kids to the moon and back but 3 is definitely enough!!

Tools - definitely get a tape measure, last time my weight loss plateaued and I felt really down - then discovered in the same time I had actually lost an inch off my waist (and some off elsewhere though I can't remember what)

backinthenines - I've never been to Lanzarote either but I'm sure you will have a fab time! :bigsmile:

We are going on holiday (to France) at the end of May, far too soon for me to hope to hit target, though in 8/9 weeks I could realistically be another stone lighter which would make a BIG difference and I'd def feel much more comfortable in myself!

Today with weigh-in I hit a total of 10 lbs loss which is great. I know the US contingent on here don't really do stones, but I'm just itching to hit my stone lost marker, and thinking I *could* do that in another 2 weeks if I'm really really good (insert praying smiley here). I need to double-check what date I started as I want to measure again once I've been going for a month :smile: ETA ok it was 8th March, so it will be a week on Fri that I measure again. I have def lost inchage as I fit back in trousers I didn't fit in then, it will be v interesting to see what the change is...
  • Midgetgem74
    Midgetgem74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Weigh in for me tomorrow but aunt flo is here and feeling pretty bloated and my scales say I'm the same :0( AND I've been really good only 1 magners light at the weekend! Fingers crossed it will be at least 1lb off!

A holiday to Lanzarote or anywhere at the minute sounds like bliss!

I'm thinking of booking a spa type break for me and hubby on our weeding anniversaryin June can anyone suggest anywhere? Not too expensive but somewhere northish England for just some R and R!
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Weigh in for me tomorrow but aunt flo is here and feeling pretty bloated and my scales say I'm the same :0( AND I've been really good only 1 magners light at the weekend! Fingers crossed it will be at least 1lb off!

Remember, even if you stay the same today, because of aunt flow you will have lost something, and it should be a double loss next week :)

xxx
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    I've just had my AF and I've desperately avoided the scales! Went on a bender as well over the weekend, but have been good sod ar this week, so won't weigh myself till tomorrow or even Friday, fingers crossed it's gone down.
    I've also noticed that my AF has gone lighter and shorter since I've lost weight, it's as if all the water drinking "flushes it out" quicker or something.

I still need to get a tape measure myself, such a shame I never used this, nor have I taken "before" photos. I'm really regretting that now.
    When I started on MFP, it was a bit on a whim, through another forum, so I never did the measurements/photos. I never expected that it would suit me so much and that I'm actually doing so well on it. Just this morning my boss commented on my weight loss as well, it's really obvious to loads of people and of course the fact that I fit in a smaller dress size is proof enough, but I still find it very hard to actually see it myself, isn't that odd?

Shoppie, well done on the 10 lbs mark!!
    I'm a metric girl myself (I'm Dutch!) and I still find the whole stone/lbs thing very confusing. I know how to calculate it, but I can't imagine say 11 stone, need to get the calculator out first!
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options

27th April for a week. :drinker:
    You there same time? :smile:

We just overlap- we're heading on 21st and back home on 28th!!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    midget gem - hope weigh-in went well

mairgheal - you have lost a significant amount, but I do think its always harder to see in ourselves. I think we have a mental image of ourselves at a certain size, and this is dangerous if you go either way - I know when I get bigger I don't often feel *that* big which makes it a lot easier to lie to yourself about te size of the problem (excuse the pun!!) I also struggle with metric, but know that 3 kg is roughly half a stone and 6kg roughly a stone and usually a stone is a dress size (ish) and that's what I use as a broad measure! :laugh:

What happened to the sunshine?!?
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Sorry for wading in so late in March, but I have just found this UK thread and have really enjoyed reading all your stories and where everyone is up to.

My name is Fran and I'm 33 and live in God's own city (Manchester) !!!

I've been using MyFitnessPal for about 2 months I think, my friend found it as it was a promoted free app on her iPod. I have found it a really useful tool and love that something this good is free. Good health should be free. I have been reading the forums for a bit, trying to get my head around the science of it all. As a previous WeightWatchers I've been so immersed in the Points system I had no idea that vegetables and fruit especially had so many calories in them. I have been learning about good calories and bad calories and all sorts that the WeightWatchers plan shields you from. It seems to be working for me slowly and surely, but I guess that's the best way. I've lost 9lbs in around 2 months, but have another 41 to go!

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi to the fellow Brits on here and hopefully share the experience on future monthly threads.

PS. I hope my signature works, never done one before on a forum!!

Fran :-)
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    Well, here we are and it's almost April already. I'm not quite sure where March has gone! At least we've got some lovely Bank Holidays to look forward to soon! Hope you've all had a good month. Hopefully (next month) I'll find the time to catch up with and post to the Team UK thread!
    Netty
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    Ooops it's April! I'll add a new thread for all of us!

Here it is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/206596-team-uk-ireland-april-2011

(I've added Ireland to the thread title, hope ye don't mind!)