Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 47

Options
I am here just a bit bummed about my stand still on weight loss but I have re-evaluated and I am not giving up and I started a new program this week and so far so good.Its one decent meal and two meals are replaced with soy protein shakes and you can have a snack in between .So far its working but my weight is back up too 237 but I did start my period yesterday so I am blaming 3-5 pounds on that but my goal is to be 190 or less by my birthday July 13th this year I really am aiming to lose the rest of this weight by the end of this year.I just needed time to breathe and re-evaluate because I have been driving myself nuts with logging ,logging ,logging all the time and I asked my doc about the shake program and he said it wouldn't hurt me to give it a try.I just hope that I can stick too it instead of slacking and going back to old habits.Would you like to help me stay on track ??? I can help you as well.I just need to make sure I am exercising for 45 minutes daily and eating only one meal 2 snacks and 2 two shakes.I am just so tired of being over 200 lbs and its time to change it for good.I must change my ways and I really need support and help from each and everyone of you great ladies.Are you with me?I will help all of you as well

Replies

• tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ann! I am totally with you. I will also set a goal of 190 by your birthday.

I've noticed a terrible pattern with me... I drop 10 pounds and then relax... and the scale creeps up five pounds or doesn't move for a month. No more!! Time to be focused! Starting yesterday!

Calories - way under
    Water - 70 ounces
    Exercise - 25 minutes of circuit training
    Proud - Despite all of my excuses to not exercise yesterday, I did it anyway.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday:
    Cals - Over by 89
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - Walked about a mile
    Proud - Stopped by Ann Taylor Loft because they were having a sale. Still feels so good to by size 10 pants!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Ann! I am totally with you. I will also set a goal of 190 by your birthday.

I've noticed a terrible pattern with me... I drop 10 pounds and then relax... and the scale creeps up five pounds or doesn't move for a month. No more!! Time to be focused! Starting yesterday!

Calories - way under
    Water - 70 ounces
    Exercise - 25 minutes of circuit training
    Proud - Despite all of my excuses to not exercise yesterday, I did it anyway.
    Thanks I will do my best to keep us both on track
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Totally with you Awestfall! I've stalled again and don't want to backslide. The scale said that I'm up 2 pounds in the last week and a half, I really need to get back to eating healthy foods. Tstout - I do the same thing, have some success and then slack off. It's so hard to keep the motivation going, but that is what we have to do if we are going to succeed!

My daughter is back from Germany, and while I'm glad to have her home- she is adding a lot of stress back into our lives. Man she can push my buttons. If anything she came home snottier and crabbier than before! Instead of coming up to greet us and get hugs at the airport (like all the other students), she snuck over to the baggage carousel to wait for her suitcase even though she saw that I was looking all over for her. Then I got barely 2 words out of her about her trip. And this is just a petty thing that irked me, but I gave her $100 to buy gifts for us, and I specifically asked for a sweatshirt - and instead I got a small box of 4 chocolates. Hmmm, I'm dieting AND don't really like chocolate. Her dad got some cologne and her brother got a couple of toys ... my guess is she couldn't have spent more than $30 of the $100 that I gave her on us, and the rest on herself. The postcards that I insisted she write out and mail from Germany were purchased but never written on or mailed (that wasn't a surprise but I had really lectured her about sending them from Germany so I was hoping). aargh teenagers!
    At least she isn't sick anymore.

The roofing and siding will hopefully be done tomorrow, but I know finishing always takes longer than it looks like it will. My husband bought the workers some doughnuts this morning to apologize for some re-work they will have to do today. My husband built some free-standing flower box benches for our deck and had one of them pushed up against the wall and it was frozen there - I had told him he should move them away from the wall before they started working but he didn't, and the siders must have thought the one that was stuck in the ice was actually attached to the house and they painstakingly trimmed all around it and cut the siding to fit around it ... unfortunately it isn't attached and they need to re-do all that siding now. And they had done a really nice job. My husband was pretty embarrassed when he had to call the foreman last night. Of course I was the one that had to give the workers the doughnuts this morning and I don't think they had a clue yet about why I was apologizing!

lildeb: I hope everything falls into place today with your lender. We had a lot of things come up at the last minute when we were closing on the farmhouse that we purchased from my Aunt's estate last fall - and we ended up closing 3 days later than we had planned, BUT we did close. So hopefully all will work out for you too.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    morning/afternoon ladies!

I am so super busy this week and I am so far behind on posts..too much going on in my life.
    My brother is getting married in October. my mother and brother are leaving to go overseas with her family (soon to be wife)... My sisters' and I have to shop for 3 dresses: offical engagement party, henna party (3 days before the wedding), and the wedding... This means that We have to loook for 3 over-the-top dresses. We are planning on making the dresses for the wedding and the other 2 are store bought, but they have to be mother approved. My mother said the navy blue dress I bought for his first engagement announcment was not fancy enough...

ON top of that, before my brother announce his engagement dh and I were planning on moving from a townhouse to a single house. we found the house and place the bid...first bid was not accepted so we placed another bid...not accepted. Hopefully, this bid will be accpeted, because this house is not worth 400,000 especially if we need to do some fixing.
    for our townhouse, My husband is not sure if we should rent it out or just sell it...too much thing to worry about and that is what in my daily life.

My weight, I have been around 205 (last friday and this morning) ..I need to kick it up. My goal before my birthday and brother's wedding is 160ish..I hope I can make that goal a reality..

so here is somewhat a rundown of what I am going through ( excluding childrens' schooling/graduation..and me finishing my degree). I will try to keep in touch with everyone but it is so hard to get on..but I will pop in from time-to-time.

love ya all,

Laila
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Don't want to lose y'all!
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    bump for later
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the bump
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...

We should find out something today. We got the apprasial back yesterday, but now we are waiting on this stupid broker.

SO when we signed we got a relator (not signed with a relator),he was supposed to pay our lease with his comissiions, well it got all jumbled up and the money is now off our sales price which i am fine with.

Appearnetly the realtor went from one brokerage firm to another, but this new head of the broker that he is working for is a total jerk, but as my wonderful husband figured out his firm isn't on the contracts it is only the relator and the old brokerage firm. So our belive is they are going to talk to him today and tell him he signs the form he needs to sign and they transfer brokerage to him or he is just cut out of the deal and the old brokerage firm gets it.

i was reading all this stuff on thsi guy last night how he had over 40 complaiints on him and he is a snake and weasel.

I am praying that this works out today and we close tomorrow, please please send prayers my way today, i will need anything i can get
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Oh my.
    I was just filling up my water bottle at the water fountain & an employee came up to me and said "Julie! You're REALLY slimming down!" :noway: :noway: :noway:

I then proceeded to embarrass the absolute crap out of her (not really intentionally, I was just a bit dumbfounded by her comment) by saying, "Um... I'm almost 6 months pregnant." I thought she was going to die of humiliation. :laugh: She managed to squeak, "Well... you're carrying it really well" before she shamefully slipped onto the elevator.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Your baby is due 3 days after my birthday YAY
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Your baby is due 3 days after my birthday YAY

She is due 1 day after my baby's bday :) of course if it was up to serena she would of hung out for a while longer :)
  • elmox
    Options
    Checking in from yesterday:

Cals - Over, but I went to a food festival - what can you expect!?!?!
    Water - 48 oz, not enough!
    Exercise - Walked 2 miles
    Proud - Didn't gorge myself on food - felt ok to throw things away and share bites with friends. This way I got to taste more and not be so stuffed. It felt great to leave feeling full but not uncomfortable!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

T-minus 2 hours until my second interview!

Calories - Under!
    Water - 70some ounces
    Exercise - P90X Kenpo X (love this!)
    Proud - Poor Adam threw his back out yesterday, so I got to play nurse and mom (and did pretty well, if I do say so myself!)

OH! We're also going to check out this GORGEOUS three bedroom condo tonight.... fingers crossed!!
  • elmox
    Options
    tstout - WOOHOO! BIG DAY FOR YOU! Be wonderful!!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Good luck on your interview Tstout!

Lilspy - that is so funny! :laugh:

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: over by 200something
    exercise: none (day off)
    water: bad
    proud: I turned down dessert at lunch with a friend, and I actually did fairly well, my mistake was peanuts for a snack.

It was my last nutrition class yesterday and mostly we just talked about keeping things going. They cut the price on the class significantly (I think they weren't getting enough people to sign up for this next session), so we all got $100 coupons to do the class again at the new reduced price minus the $100. I don't know if the class will be very interesting since it will be the same - but I'm thinking about doing it just to try to stick with it.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Teresa: Good luck with the interview and have fun looking at the condo! It sounds like things are starting to look up for you, which I knew they would. I'm sending positive, happy vibes to you!!

I have good news galore today!
    1. The scale said 178.8 this morning!! That's a pound down from yesterday and puts me officially at 40 lbs lost, though I probably won't change my ticker until Friday morning. Don't want to get too ahead of myself!

2. My new co-worker is a bundle of energy. Seriously, 15 minutes into training her yesterday, I felt so bubbly and energetic. She should be fun to have in the office. Can anyone tell I'm someone who easily picks up and feeds off of the environment?

3. My friend who I wrote my blog about a few weeks ago - the one who was obsessed with Latisse, Botox, etc. - texted me yesterday asking for my advice on running shoes. Today, we were emailing back and forth and she admitted that she's been running up and down her street after school (at 10pm!) and she needs better shoes. She says she has lost some weight and her feet are slimming down. She wants to do more running and may be up to meeting me for runs soon. When I talked to her on the phone last week, she listed off things she wanted to do (exercise, eat better, go to museums and plays) and sounded in better spirits than she has in a long time. I'm so excited and happy for her!!

Water: 74.2 oz.
    Exercise: None
    Proud: See above about my friend.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

tsout, hope the interview goes well........

heather, yay on 40 pounds. WhooHooooo

lildeb, hope all goes well for the closing tomorrow

lstpaul, don't forget to share your knowledge with us even if it is a repeat...

Well, update on my Ry... IEP meeting yesterday. He is transferring to an Autism classroom that mainstreams during the day based on ability. He starts Monday. I am feeling sad and happy. If that makes sense? I know that this is the best for him but I am sad that he is leaving the school and people I have know as a parent for coming up on 9 years. I am sad that he is leaving his teacher and classmates. (I am sure he is not though) But I know this is for the best. Now I got to get back to weight loss. I have taken a year off from that. 2009 I lost 44 pounds.. 2010 I gained 30 of it. 2011 I have lost 13... I need to get back to taking care of me. Not just saying that I am going to do that.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Momma24 - it sounds like overall it must be a bit of a relief to have a plan again for Ryan, even if you have mixed feelings about it. Hopefully it will be a good move for him and for you. It is so hard to concentrate on yourself when you are worried about your kids(but getting healthier is ultimately also helping your family).

Congrats HeatherMN!

I did a funny thing at lunch. I had packed stuff to make lunch ... leftover cut up roasted chicken, lettuce, onion and pepper, avacodo, mayo and a tortilla to wrap it all in. It just didn't sound appealling to me so I walked over to the cafeteria to find something ... I ended up buying a cobb salad wrap... and didn't even realize that it was basically EXACTLY the same as what I brought to make! It just sounded better having someone else make it I guess (and paying $6.50 for it)! :ohwell: