10 Week's To June

Options

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    yikes! that is coming up quickly. sooooo... i'd like to join! i will have to work out my goals and get back to you.

okay, i've thought about it and here are my goals (those last ten pounds have got to go):

monday - strength (1230)
    tuesday - 3 to 5 mile run/elliptical (1310)
    wednesday - 2 mile walk and strength (fasting)
    thursday - 3 to 5 mile run/elliptical and strength (1310)
    friday - rest day (1500)
    saturday - strength (1230)
    sunday - 4 to 9 mile run (1800)

however, my april may or may not conform to this plan since i am having abdominal surgery april 4 and i am not sure how my 4-week recovery time will affect me.
  • Jolene2012
    Options
    Checking in....

Ate a little over 1400 calories today.

Just finished Chalean Extreme - the stability ball video, burned 569 calories in 40 mins. Woohoo! Feel great! Time to hit the shower.
  • khharms
    khharms Posts: 12
    Options
    Room for one more??

What plan are you doing? I'm not following a specific plan, just doing things on my own. I find that following an actual diet for me, gets boring. they never really work for me.
    What calories? MFP says 1750, but I'm trying to keep under 1600/day
    What exercise plan? I'm training for my first triathlon, May 8th - right now I do weights and 15-20 mins cardio on Mon/Wed; Spin and Core Strength on Tues/Thurs, and Tri Training (basically a sprint tri or some would call a 'brick') every Friday.

Today in spin and core I burned 821 cals, ate 1800 cals
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Well I am finally in the hotel. My day started at 3:30 this morning for the commute to ATL and ends in Ft. Myers. Rest day for me today and food is dead on for a rest day.

Tatooed, not sure what to tell you about the carbs if I ate 50% carbs you could connect a gas tank to my rear and Id be able to power a car with all th gas, sorry if thats too much info. I could never eat that much in carbs.

LOL Jay, I have 5 kids, two of which are 11 and 12 year old boys. Any talk of poop or farts and I feel right at home ;)

Ok, stats for the day!

carbs: 180g
    fat: 85g
    protein: 125g
    fiber: 31g
    cals: ate 1999 of 1850 available.

Exercise was P90x plyo.

Now I was starving to death this afternoon, so I took the advice to get nuts (for me) with fat. Had 44 g of fat in my afternoon snack. Did I get full? You betcha. I had a planned rest day, but since I ate waaay more PB than I meant to, I did that plyo workout. Ate a late dinner that put me over cals. And guess what? My stomach is growling. Grrrrrrrr.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    day 2: so my day went AMAZING. i had 7 mini-meals at 10a, 12p, 2p, 4p, 6p, 8p, & 10p that were between 100-300ish calories each. i had to add in the 10p one because my protein & calories were a little low for the day. i felt energized & not hungry at all. the hardest part was remembering to eat every 2 hours. :oD i'm deff going to start trying to do this more often, hopefully daily.

as for goals- i burnt 500 calories today doing JM's 6W6P & calisthenics, drank 11 cups of water, & ate 35g of fiber & 92g of protein.

g'night, i hope everyone else had an amazing day too! ♥
    x.o Jennifer
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Checking in:
    Exercise: 30 Day Shred, L3 & went biking for the first time in ages (didn't last long-different muscles used for sure)
    Nutrition: Raisins, strawberries & lots of protein

There seems to be so many knowledgable people on this thread! If anyone has a suggestions on diet/exercise for me I would love the feedback. I still ned to lose appx 90 lbs (I'll reevaluate after that) and am willing to work hard to reach my goals. I've already lost 46 lbs since January 3rd. I'm definitely committed!! Thanks!

For losing weight - basically any plan will work! What doesn't work is bouncy back and forth or worse, not having a plan! I ask my clients what 3 foods they love love love. If they say pasta, pizza and watermelon, I"m not going to put them on a low carb approach! They'll never stick to it. If they say steak, ribs and bbq chicken, then low carb would work perfectly.

Going in with a plan is the best thing for weight loss. It allows you to track what you need to track and pick your battles.

The only weight loss plan that works is the one you'll stick to!
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    day 2: so my day went AMAZING. i had 7 mini-meals at 10a, 12p, 2p, 4p, 6p, 8p, & 10p that were between 100-300ish calories each. i had to add in the 10p one because my protein & calories were a little low for the day. i felt energized & not hungry at all. the hardest part was remembering to eat every 2 hours. :oD i'm deff going to start trying to do this more often, hopefully daily.

as for goals- i burnt 500 calories today doing JM's 6W6P & calisthenics, drank 11 cups of water, & ate 35g of fiber & 92g of protein.

g'night, i hope everyone else had an amazing day too! ♥
    x.o Jennifer

When I first started this journey - I would use the calendar feature on my phone to track what times and what I ate every meal at. (now we have mfp app - but it still doesn't do times) I still basically eat every 3 hours, although, to be honest, I'm starting to question the need for it. I think if I were eating a high carb based diet, I would need to eat more frequently than I am now with this long lasting fat diet. The Primal Blueprint talks often about no need to eat every 3 hours - and I'm starting to agree, but I digress...
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    Well I am finally in the hotel. My day started at 3:30 this morning for the commute to ATL and ends in Ft. Myers. Rest day for me today and food is dead on for a rest day.

Tatooed, not sure what to tell you about the carbs if I ate 50% carbs you could connect a gas tank to my rear and Id be able to power a car with all th gas, sorry if thats too much info. I could never eat that much in carbs.

LOL Jay, I have 5 kids, two of which are 11 and 12 year old boys. Any talk of poop or farts and I feel right at home ;)

Ok, stats for the day!

Exercise was P90x plyo.

Now I was starving to death this afternoon, so I took the advice to get nuts (for me) with fat. Had 44 g of fat in my afternoon snack. Did I get full? You betcha. I had a planned rest day, but since I ate waaay more PB than I meant to, I did that plyo workout. Ate a late dinner that put me over cals. And guess what? My stomach is growling. Grrrrrrrr.

LOL - nice!!!!! Sounds like the nuts is just what the doctor ordered!
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    yikes! that is coming up quickly. sooooo... i'd like to join! i will have to work out my goals and get back to you.

okay, i've thought about it and here are my goals (those last ten pounds have got to go):

monday - strength (1230)
    tuesday - 3 to 5 mile run/elliptical (1310)
    wednesday - 2 mile walk and strength (fasting)
    thursday - 3 to 5 mile run/elliptical and strength (1310)
    friday - rest day (1500)
    saturday - strength (1230)
    sunday - 4 to 9 mile run (1800)

however, my april may or may not conform to this plan since i am having abdominal surgery april 4 and i am not sure how my 4-week recovery time will affect me.

I would think all of our plans will be in motion as we address our goals. There's a realistic chance I'll be down to 165 before 10 weeks are over and will start adding back in some calories.... I don't want to look sickly!

Keep an eye on the ultimate goal while pursuing the smaller ones and choose the path that leads most quickly to the end!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Ok day 2 in the books!!!

370 calories burned today doing Back And Biceps

My macros for today looked like this
    51%carbs (227grams)
    26%fat (51grams)
    25%protein (113grams)
    Still got to work on those carbs!!!!

Calorie intake for the day was 1781 of 1820calories!!!!

I got in 9 glasses of water today!!!

Tomorrow is my rest day and its a good thing because i think i may have tweaked my back while doing back and biceps today!!! I was trying to lift a little heavier than before and i thought i was using good form and lowering weights when needed but now i have this thing in my lower back!!! Couldnt do ARX but its ok because i still got to my goal of at least 350 calories burn!!!

Good job everyone, i will check up on everyone tomorrow!!! ;-)
  • GiGi76
    Options

Ok, stats for the day!

Exercise was P90x plyo.

Good job Jess!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Just checking in....Did my workout today JM SIX PACK...warm up!Went for a little walk with the little one to.Completed my food diary clean and very happy to close out day two!:)

Nice job girl!!! ;-)
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    Nice Gina!

I rocked my Arms/Legs lifting workout this after noon. Beat almost all my numbers from Thursday which made my day. My wrist has been bugging me for the past couple weeks, not sure why, but keeping a close eye on it. Felt so good about my workout - nutrition was great,

then I went to my BodyBlitz class. Man, I wrote a new plan this week that was crazy crazy hard! There was more than one moment that of the 5 of us in the class tonight, I was the only one still going, the other 4 were laying on their backs! LOL - love that.

For those of you who have done Insanity, think of this class like Max Interval Circuit, but with fewer and shorter breaks. I broke my *kitten* tonight. My calories were 1770 + 400 of my exercise calories. I plan on eating back most of my lifting calories on lifting days, and not so much on my cardio/rest days to still attempt to build a bit of muscle.

Tomorrow morning fit club and Abs Murder Massacre Death and Destruction with my buddy Joe.

Good night ya'll!
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Hey guys! This looks like a great forum and I'd love to join if I'm not too late!
    I'm a 21 yr old college student. I'm at about 147 lbs right now and would love to make into the 130's (hopefully before June) and would just like to increase my overall strength and endurance.

Here are my goals:

1) Stay off the scale. (I will weigh myself again in June)
    I think it honestly just messes with my head too much. I know I'm doing good or bad by looking at my calories and exercise, and if the scale doesn't match what I'm doing I just get bummed out.

2) Keep my average for each week under 1340 net cals/ day
    I like to be able to save up during the rest of the week for Margarita Thursdays with my friends :)

3) Burn 1600 cals/ week thru exercise

4) Log EVERYTHING

5) Walk to campus for my classes at least 3x/week

6) Add a 1/4 mile to my jog each week (right now the longest jog I've done is 3 3/4 miles)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    then I went to my BodyBlitz class. Man, I wrote a new plan this week that was crazy crazy hard! There was more than one moment that of the 5 of us in the class tonight, I was the only one still going, the other 4 were laying on their backs! LOL - love that.

That CRACKED me up hahaha!! That's SO awesome! I've never gotten to work out THAT hard :D
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I skipped p90x Shoulders and Arms and did JM30DS instead, didn't have as much time as I thought I would since my daughter needed help with a project for school. I'll jump in with Shoulders and Arms and ARX tonight instead of the Yoga though.

Stats for Tuesday:
    Carbs 142g
    Fat 75g
    Protein 67g
    Fiber 13g
    Cals 1525 eaten out of 1634

I struggle with the food - I'm still pretty new to counting calories and stuff, so I don't really know what I'm doing or what my totals should look like. My goal is NOT to lose weight, just to get in shape, tone, and build muscle.

Can anyone maybe suggest a book that would help explain the nutrition aspect? Something that would explain why different things are important (carbs, fat, etc) and exactly how much you should have to achieve which goals.
  • MomisgettingFIT
    Options
    I am in too

I'll work out 6 days a week

Monday: 1 hour Spin class, P90X or Bodyrock.tv
    Tuesday: 30 ME ( Metabolic Effect ) 60 Stairmaster
    Wednesday: 1 hr Spin class, P90X or Bodyrock .tv
    Thursday: 30 ME ( Metabolic Effect ) P90X or Bodyrock.tv
    Friday: 1 hour Spin or Legs Supersets ,45 min cardio
    Saturday: 30 ME ( Metabolic Effect ) and 1 hour Spin class
    Sunday: Rest or Yoga

A minimum of 1600 calories per day
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    Today I ate really healthy it was awesome - I had 1400 calories and burned about 500 in exercise. I went shopping so I have stocked up on fruit and eggs and lentils.... ooh such yummy good stuff! I am looking forward to eating better finally. I am going out of town for the weekend and I will be bringing healthy food to cook for myself there.
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Woo Hoo, I got a rare overnight in Pit. Soooo before I went to get the kids from school I knocked out a kettlebell workout and am soaked! Food is good so far . A tad high on carbs cause I had mashed potatoes at lunch and usually don't do that but no worries. Hopefully they helped me power through the workout. Hope everyone is doing well today!

Jay
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    So yesterday I skipped p90x Shoulders and Arms and did JM30DS instead, didn't have as much time as I thought I would since my daughter needed help with a project for school. I'll jump in with Shoulders and Arms and ARX tonight instead of the Yoga though.

Stats for Tuesday:
    Carbs 142g
    Fat 75g
    Protein 67g
    Fiber 13g
    Cals 1525 eaten out of 1634

I struggle with the food - I'm still pretty new to counting calories and stuff, so I don't really know what I'm doing or what my totals should look like. My goal is NOT to lose weight, just to get in shape, tone, and build muscle.

Can anyone maybe suggest a book that would help explain the nutrition aspect? Something that would explain why different things are important (carbs, fat, etc) and exactly how much you should have to achieve which goals.

I would love to find out more about the basics of nutrition too! I'm just starting to eat healthy for the first time in a LONG time.