How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Do you cut the tomatoes up in it or put the cottage cheese on top of the tomatoes?

either way is fine with me, it's just so frustrating how much sodium is in it :(
  • xerinx2011
    Options
    I have 1 tbsp on a crackerbread very tasty and low cals so a bonus!!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    bump
  • svackar
    Options
    1) just plain with pepper or 2) a packet of tuna/celery salt and some triscuit crackers.
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten cottage cheese with a little salt, and a lot of pepper. Sometimes accompanied with a tomato, and green beans-yum!

I was never a "sweet cottage cheese" eater, I fairly recently made faces at my father in law for pouring sugar, or maple syrup on his at dinner, lol!

I just now went and dished up a serving of cottage cheese, and had to pick from the MANY good ideas here.... Ended up adjusting the take on the Key Lime-I added a packet of True Lemon and some Splenda-Awesome, new favorite snack!
  • jala9656
    jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like to put pineapple and walnuts in mine.
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love eating cottage cheese on baked potatoes, or with poached eggs for breakfast! Really though, I'm addicted to cottage cheese! I love the stuff!!
  • BecLee
    BecLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just started eating it and love the fact that I have more ideas to try now. I like it at the moment mixed with ground pepper and chives on toasted wholegrain bread with tomato slices. Just enjoyed it for breakfast then. YUM!!!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I eat mine out of a bowl with a spoon... ha ha ha... anyways, I eat it plain. I only buy the low fat stuff though.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I loathe cottage cheese, so if I feel obligated to eat it, I don't mix it with fruit or yogurt because I don't want to mess up the taste of the things that I love! LOL
  • LINDYLOU67
    LINDYLOU67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Crushed, fresh pineapple... mmmmmmm
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jaycab1
    jaycab1 Posts: 5
    Options
    bump, thx
  • TNERNURSE
    TNERNURSE Posts: 17
    Options
    with cucumber slices and a little thousand island dressing.
  • Allivall
    Allivall Posts: 37
    Options
    Bump! So many yummy ideas! :D I'm a cottage cheese with pepper person, but have also added a teaspoon of ranch and eaten with veggies. Can't wait to try the "sweet" combos as well as celery salt. Great thread!
  • meganconner
    Options
    Cottage cheese rocks!! (As long as it's not on my legs!!) :) I love to eat my cottage cheese with honey and cinnamon! YUM! Or another way I like it is with grapes and/or pineapple and plain cottage cheese. Another way is to cut a cucumber in half, spoon out some of the middle, fill with cottage cheese and top with salt and pepper. You really can't go wrong!
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i either eat mine plain or with fruit usually pineapples, peaches or berries.
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i love some of these new ways to eat cottage cheese. i'm definitely trying some of them.
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    With a jacket potato and lots of black pepper.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    In my fruit smoothie for added protein and thickening.