What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
Cheese is definately my guilty pleasure! But has soooo much fat, calories and sodium! Whoever invented laughing cow cheese is a life saver! I'm starting to cook with it a lot, more...but still could really use some recipes! What are you favorite laughing cow cheese recipes? If anyone has an alfredo sauce recipe that would be phenominal! Here is my favorite of what I've come up with so far!

Cheesy Cajun Shrimp Piccata

Ingredients:

2 oz. dried whole Wheat pasta, I prefer linguinie, but whatever you like is fine
3 oz uncooked medium shrimp
1 tbs smart balance light butter
2 wedges laughing cow swiss cheese
1/2 TBS Creole Seasoning
1/2 TBS Capers
a squeeze of lemon juice
Mrs Dash to taste,
a little water to thin in out
2 tbs of reduced fat parmesian cheese

Directions:

Boil noodles and shrimp in different pots until both cooked... I like my pasta a little over done so cook it a little longer. Drain both, In the pot with the shrimp, melt in your butter and laughing cow cheese, add about 1/4 cup of water to thin it out, add your creol seasoning, Lemon Juice, mrs. Dash and Capers, pour over your pasta and top with Parmesan Cheese!

Bon Appetite! This makes one LARGE portion for 381 calories, but you could easily break it into 2 servings and serve with a side salad or something. Enjoy!

Replies

• findingfreedom
    Options
    I was just asking this the other day to some people! Your recipe sounds delicious and now I want to try it out!

hungrygirl.com gives some great recipes using laughing cow.

What about easy chicken cordon bleu?? Spread the laughing cow on a thin boneless/skinless chicken breast. Lay a slice or two of deli ham, roll it up and secure it with a toothpick and then bake :)

I tried making a creamed spinach with it the other nite, but I haven't perfected that yet... I'll let you know when I do :)
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

What about easy chicken cordon bleu?? Spread the laughing cow on a thin boneless/skinless chicken breast. Lay a slice or two of deli ham, roll it up and secure it with a toothpick and then bake :)

I've made chicken cordon bleu with laughing cow cheese and it's delicious! The best part about laughing cow cheese is that they have so many flavors!!!
  • cjbnc
    cjbnc Posts: 32
    Options
    Trivial, but good. My snack last night:

Quesadilla Snack = 180 cals

2 wedges Laughing Cow Queso Chipotle (70 cals)
    2 soft corn tortillas (90 cals)
    2 TBSP good salsa (maybe 20 cals)

Open and spread the cheese on one tortilla. Sandwich the other tortilla on top. Microwave 30-60 secs until hot and melty. Cut into 8 wedges. Eat with salsa.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    THis is so simple....I steam broccoli (I like mine pretty soft). Put it in a bowl and stir a wedge of Laughing Coaw French Onion into it and nuke it just a little more to make sure it is nice and hot. Tastes almost like broccoli casserole and only adds 35 cals to that boring broccoli. Let's face it, we eat TONS of plain broccoli. Anything that can jazz it up is a blessing to me. Love Laughing Cow.
  • jr1985
    Options
    Ohh those sound great! Thanks for sharing!
  • Celene1
    Celene1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I take a couple of triangles of Laughing Cow, mix with a bit of white wine and shallots or garlic, minced. Heat and serve over broccoli and cauliflower.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    can I just say I love you for this?!?!? I am so doing this the next time I have broccoli!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Love this thread, thanks for starting it! Some great ideas here.

Mine is super-simple. Use either mushrooms, banana peppers or bell peppers. With mushrooms, take out the stems & just use the caps. With peppers, remove the seeds & slice lengthwise into halves or quarters. Fill the insides with the laughing cow cheese flavor of your choice. Optional: top each with a piece of bacon (uncooked), cut to fit.
    Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12-20 minutes (depends on your oven; should be well-cooked but not singed). Great low-carb appetizers.
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Bump!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    THis is so simple....I steam broccoli (I like mine pretty soft). Put it in a bowl and stir a wedge of Laughing Coaw French Onion into it and nuke it just a little more to make sure it is nice and hot. Tastes almost like broccoli casserole and only adds 35 cals to that boring broccoli. Let's face it, we eat TONS of plain broccoli. Anything that can jazz it up is a blessing to me. Love Laughing Cow.

OMG! THANK YOU for this!
  • jr1985
    Options
    These all sound great! Thanks so much!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    ya know those bread stick or pretzel and cheese combo packs you loved when you were kids (or your kids loved).? I have a serving (about 7) of Snyders multi-grain pretzel sticks with one wedge of laughing cow cheese for a snack. Its the yummy, better for you, grown up version!
  • Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I've made chicken cordon bleu with laughing cow cheese and it's delicious! The best part about laughing cow cheese is that they have so many flavors!!!

I can only get regular, light, and herb and garlic where I live. :(
  • PennyLyn
    PennyLyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    BUMP :) Thanks guys!
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    can I just say I love you for this?!?!? I am so doing this the next time I have broccoli!
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Great ideas- ty all.
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I melt it w/ a little salsa or salsa con queso (Newman's own) for a cheesy dip for veggies (celery, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower....) or even use it for a *dressing* for taco salad.

Last week I had a chicken breast w/ black beans and added a Laughing cow wedge for a quick lunch.

My kids like it when I make grilled cheese sandwiches (whole grain bread, spread one side w/ Laughing Cow and 1 slice low fat cheese) or on tortilla roll ups. Or they make their own *Lunchables* using Reduced Fat Triscuit crackers, Laughing Cow Light, and a little bit of ham or turkey or turkey pepperoni.

Try it melted on a baked potato instead of sour cream. I'm a little addicted to Laughing Cow. :bigsmile: I love the regular, Garlic and herb, and Queso Fresco flavors!
  • nicolenoel
    nicolenoel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was on a major laughing cow kick for awhile (I'm talking, I went thru a pack of Queso Fresco and Garlic & Herb a week addicted) but recently,for some reason, the texture just isn't appealing to me. I have a whole pack of Queso Fresco f not even opened in the fridge. Any yummy ideas?