Postnatal- April 2011

Options
Open to any ladies with babies who are working towards their goals - whether is weight loss goals, workout goals, eating goals, etc. This is a group to ask questions, get support, and keep each other accountable! Let the journey begin!

Posted with the wrong year in the title, sorry!

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group! I have one child - my little guy is 4 months :love:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    As promised this group is up and running, I hope to see many of you girls from the prenatal group real soon! For those of you who were not in the prenatal group I am Sheri, I just had my third child on Friday. I will have to take it easy for a couple weeks before I can exercise but I will be doing the calorie counting for sure in the mean time.

I started my weight loss Journey in July with about 75 lbs that I wanted to lose and at the begining of August I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. I gained 30 lbs in pregnancy and now am looking to lose 105 lbs, I am in this for the long haul and will make this happen.

I would like to see weekly weigh-ins, there is no specific day as I am sure everyone has a day of preference I just feel that having a weigh in keeps me accountable and motivated. I will be weigh in every Saturday and soon I also think that for motivation we should do weekly exercise challenges. In prenatal had some so I would say 5 days 30 mins, More is good too! Just jump in at any point and we can do this together.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group! I have one child - my little guy is 4 months :love:

Welcome Sara, congrats on your little guy! Are you nursing? That is something that I have to figure out with calories and such.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sara, congrats on your little guy! Are you nursing? That is something that I have to figure out with calories and such.

Yes, I am nursing - I add it into my diary from the food database - it gives me an extra 500 calories/day since I'm exclusively nursing still.

I would be up for a weigh in day. I'm in two 'competitions' on here and weigh in on Saturdays and Mondays for those, but I'm a scale addict, so any day would work for me :wink:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I had figured it was somewhere around 500 calories, I had my diary set to lose 2 lbs a week prepregnancy so I changed it to 1 lb a week now and figured I would lose the other 500 calories a day from nursing but will definately eat back exercise calories once I get clearance to do so just to make sure I am not going into starvation.
  • jamielangner
    Options
    Yay, way to get things started :)

I had my second beautiful baby girl on March 26 & I'm unfortunately recently single so I'm *super* stressed right now. I'm also exclusively breastfeeding & so I was wondering how to count calories for that same as you. I probably won't be able to be really active in this group until I get back to work in a couple weeks since the only time I go on my computer right now is sometimes when I'm feeding my baby girl, Hayley Grace. I wish I had more time to myself but I guess that won't be happening for a long time now : /
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    Hi! :smile:
    I'm Amanda, mom to 3 kids (youngest is 3.5 months old). I'm down 51lbs from the day I had him (gained 34lbs with him). I'm 7lbs from my normal pre kids weight and 5lbs from a healthy weight for my height. And between 18 and 38lbs from my goal weight.
    My DH is gone right now (military) so my short term goal is 166lbs by May 27th when he gets back (losing 10% in 10 weeks, starting 2.5 weeks ago at 184.4lbs).
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Bumping for next week - Annabelle is due on the 10th :smile:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Hoping to be on here with you really soon! I was 3cm dilated and 50% effaced on Friday. I have definitely been feeling him move into my pelvic area which is never comfortable for me. I haven't had any contractions really so I won't be surprised if he decides to stay comfy cozy for another two weeks. :laugh:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I remember Amanda from the prenatal group a while back. Welcome and you're really close to your goal.

My final weight gain from baby was 60 lbs even. I've dropped about 23 of them so far in less than a week. I told ya'll my fluid was bad.

I'm not doing much on the exercise front because it was a section, but my appetite has all but dissapeared.

Having some issues with my inscision, but hoping to get that resolved quickly. I have so much fluid on me from the IV I look worse than when I was pregnant. I guess it will just go away eventually.

The baby likes to stay up and stare at me from 12-3 in the a.m. so a little tired.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I remember Amanda from the prenatal group a while back. Welcome and you're really close to your goal.

My final weight gain from baby was 60 lbs even. I've dropped about 23 of them so far in less than a week. I told ya'll my fluid was bad.

I'm not doing much on the exercise front because it was a section, but my appetite has all but dissapeared.

Having some issues with my inscision, but hoping to get that resolved quickly. I have so much fluid on me from the IV I look worse than when I was pregnant. I guess it will just go away eventually.

The baby likes to stay up and stare at me from 12-3 in the a.m. so a little tired.

I swelled SO SO SO bad after my c section. With my 1st son I only lost 1.5lbs from delivery morning to the morning I went home (same scale, 1st thing in the morning weight) and this time it was 3.5lbs lol. It does go away, just stay hydrated and watch the sodium.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Jamie- Beautiful name for your beautiful baby girl. Hopefully you will get some time to yourself real soon. I feel like there is not much me time and I have hubby here with me. Unfortunately though my two boys are acting out pretty bad.

Amanda- A lot of us are beginning to transition from the prenatal group. You are getting so close to your goal now. What has helped you to stay on track when you have the other little ones in addition to the baby to care for?

Megan- Tell Annabelle that Brooklynn is patiently waiting for her! Cant wait for you to join us

Dragonfly- you are making lots of progress, I had all of that prodromal labor and only started making progress the last couple of days. Apparently whatever you have is contagious though because once it started the “real thing” this baby flew out in about 5 hours and was barely caught.

Katrina- I hope you get to feeling better, we have a long journey ahead of us to get to our goals. We made it through pregnancy and that was just half of the battle. Now WE WILL lose the weight we had set out to get off of us! Brooklynn was up for a good while as well, poor thing was gassy. My aunt told me that it was because I ate broccoli for lunch, not sure if that is possible.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

I swelled SO SO SO bad after my c section. With my 1st son I only lost 1.5lbs from delivery morning to the morning I went home (same scale, 1st thing in the morning weight) and this time it was 3.5lbs lol. It does go away, just stay hydrated and watch the sodium.

That is good to know, I was wondering how I was only down 8.8 lbs 48 hours postpartum after delivering a baby who weight 8lbs 3oz ,all of the placenta, ect. My hands, legs, everything is swollen and I can't stand it! I guess the best thing is to drink lots of water?
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join? I had my 3rd baby and only boy on Dec 23, 2010 (so he's just over 3 months). My other 2 are 5.5 and 3 years old. I started out my pregnancy with him 10lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight with my girls. I gained 30lbs exactly with him, and have 6lbs more to go. I am exclusively breastfeeding, so adding in about 300 extra calories a day. Not sure, maybe that's not enough?

I had a c-section, too, and I hardly lost any weight right after he was born. I was 142 the day he was born, when I got home from the hospital, after delivering a 7lb12oz baby, I was still 136. It made no sense to me at all. But, in the next week or so I lost another 10lbs.
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sorry, double posted ;-)
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommies! Bumping - Hoping to join you all within the month!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello!

Sheri - Hope little Brooklyn is doing well! Sounds like you're still hanging onto some water weight. I'm guessing you'll see a huge loss within the next couple of weeks once it starts to drop.

Katrina - Hope little Logan is doing well too! And I hope that any trouble you are having with your incision clears up soon, I remember you saying what a hard time you had after your first c-section.

Hello to everyone else and keep up the good work!

Can't wait to join you all in a couple months!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I have a beautiful 6m old daughter who is already crawling round fast and standing up an climbing EVERYWHERE! I'm being kept on my toes...

I hit my pre pregnancy weight last week so was really happy with that. I'm now striving to lose another 11lbs to hit my ideal weight hopefully by June.

Good luck everybody!
  • AmandaR910
    Options

That is good to know, I was wondering how I was only down 8.8 lbs 48 hours postpartum after delivering a baby who weight 8lbs 3oz ,all of the placenta, ect. My hands, legs, everything is swollen and I can't stand it! I guess the best thing is to drink lots of water?

I drank a gallon a day and stayed under 1500mg for sodium. I lost 24lbs in 4 days lol.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm down 27 lbs in a week:drinker: Last night I was able to lay on my left side for the first time. I know that helps with fluid. It looks like I have a hint of ankles showing:laugh:

That IV fluid plus all the fluid from the baby was crazy. They had to change the drainage for fluid bucket out 2 times in surgery.:sick:

I called the doctors office today because I think my incision is opening slightly. They are going to see me in the morning. They wanted me to come in today, but I'm not driving and there's noone to take me. So I figure it will be okay until tomorrow.

Sheri--I so believe the broccoli will give the baby gas. There are lots of veggies they say to avoid during nursing. I won't eat it right now just because the gas has been so bad on me from the surgery.

I didn't lose any weight not 1 oz. after I had my first son via section. I also didn't have appetite loss like I have now. Plus my hormones seemed to be much worse afterwards. So far this process has been very different. Now to just keep my incision issue under control and it will all be fine.

I can't wait to start exercising again.:flowerforyou: