Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    So, here's my review on the MB Falsies Black Drama Waterproof...I've used it for about four days now and I like it, but there are negativees. The wand is OK. The curvey shape is fine, but it doens't feel heavy enough to me, nor do I feel like it evenly gets all of my lashes like the mini spikes of Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion. The black color is nice. One coat does good coverage, but if you go for a second coat you definitely get clumpage. I should have known better, but I bought the waterproof formula...I shouldn't have done that. Personal preference of mine playing out here, but I've got a facial cleanser/makeup remover in one that I use and I like it to take off all of my makeup. No matter how much I scrub with the cleanser in the shower, I still have to use a couple rounds of eye makeup remover to get the mascara off. I haven't worn any mascara in two days and I'm STILL getting little raccoon smudgies under my eye after the shower brings out pigment I missed before.

BOTTOM LINE - Would I buy MB Falsies Black Drama Waterproof again? No. Would I buy MB Falsies regular? Yes. Am I considering going back to Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion? Definitely.

thnx so much for that review. I do like MB falsies for thickness but have to use it in conjunction with MB colossal for length and definitin :) i still havent gotten my order from sephora hopefully its in the mail today.
    as far as my swap so far i'm liking the jumbo pencil and lipstick (with a gloss) but not crazy about the eyeshadow palette. :S
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    If there are any Urban Decay eye Primer Potion users out there...just checking to see if you know the tip about cutting the tube to get out all the product...

Just when you think it's gone...think again!

All you do is lay the container on it's side on a cutting board and use a really sharp knife and cut it open...There is a TON and I mean a TON of product in there hiding!!!

Be sure to have something to put it in.
  • nolachick
    Options
    thnx for the tip polar. i got my order in from sephora yesterday.

here are my instant reactions to some of the stuff I got:
    benefit high beam - looks chalky on my complexion (sold seperately)
    benefit erase paste, good coverage but a little too thick and hard to apply, i almost have to tug under my eye so not happy about that
    stay dont stray, so ar so good -
    and the eye shadow (forgot the name) i wasnt crazy about it alone but made a good base under my wnw E/S
    this is the palette I got :
    !CEk-yegCWk~$(KGrHqR,!lwE1F6W4IkKBNSVeyugoQ~~_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I also placed an order from ULTA today! I'm soooo excited to get this! will post about that as soon as i receive it
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Maybelline Very Black Falsies is SO MUCH BETTER than Black Drama Waterproof Falsies. I'm so glad I exchanged that crap. The brushes are different, too. Very Black has a spoon brush (curved but widened out), where the Black Drama was a regular rounded brush that just happened to be curved.

nolachick - sorry to hear the Benefit items you got aren't living up to your expectations. Hope your ULTA order is nothing but awesome!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    found an interesting combo... maybeline great lash +clinique's mascara...shoot. the one with that newer odd brush they put out, that had no brissles...but is long and curved with a couple little nubs on one end. it comes in a white container. i will look when i am home and let you guys know. it makes me eyelashes look fake! and it managed to stay on for 12 hours and still looked good!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    found an interesting combo... maybeline great lash +clinique's mascara...shoot. the one with that newer odd brush they put out, that had no brissles...but is long and curved with a couple little nubs on one end. it comes in a white container. i will look when i am home and let you guys know. it makes me eyelashes look fake! and it managed to stay on for 12 hours and still looked good!!

do u mean the clinique for lower lashes? I believe its new and costs $10. haven't tried it.

I do have to share that I got my order in from ULTA and I LOVE IT SO FAR! @ $18 its a steal!

TARTE PEEP SHOW SMOKY EYE PALETTE IN ONYX
    -eyeshadow base
    - 3 eyeshadows for a smoky look
    -2 double ended, full size brushes (for blending, crease and lining)
    - black eyeliner
    f88_ZoWJ_DQtnsMLZi2_aoUwPVbF75kBxdqNw54ovxQgMHMde6JbeRqekjZ2-jTn0zPoCuJbJSx47xmAwgovgXrOSK8zYx1X5V4-1cJqqqwbxHCbZr6AtO8HsoY_By8gUiXNPFsH8Caxb7x2EClUug
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I don't know anything about this Clinique $10 mascara. I'm going to have to look into it. I had the Revlon Zoom mascara and it took a while to get used to, but that little comb-like brush was actually great for getting the baby lashes and for separating 'em out.

nolachick - that Tarte set looks great! I love sets that come with brushes.
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    Clinique Great Lengths mascara...its been out for a while and i got mine for free!! :o)
    I went makeup shopping at walgreens today because they had a lot on sale!! i got a new bronzer, by rimmel... 2 eyeshadow palets by rimmel, a new covergirl concealer, fake eyelashes :o), and nail art pens!! :o) (I got my refund check from school and decided I wanted $20 worth of new makeup!!!!)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Laina, you were a shopping queen today! Great haul!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Clinique Great Lengths mascara...its been out for a while and i got mine for free!! :o)
    I went makeup shopping at walgreens today because they had a lot on sale!! i got a new bronzer, by rimmel... 2 eyeshadow palets by rimmel, a new covergirl concealer, fake eyelashes :o), and nail art pens!! :o) (I got my refund check from school and decided I wanted $20 worth of new makeup!!!!)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Clinique great lengths mascara! its amazing for volume and length! iand i love the formula! leaves lashes soft not brittle. yey!

i'm not crazy about rimmel's eyeshadows then again i havent used them in years. what shades did u get and how are u liking it? yey for new make up! i'm trying to hold off.

oh and I went back to SEPHORA and got a sample of the ERASE PASTE IN DEPP (#3) it is freaking AWESOME! makes me look awake, blends easily but stays on all day. I will definately buy one when this sample runs out!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I got my free Target beauty sample bag today! Here's what came:

-Sonia Kashuk makeup bag
    -Neutrogena lip balm
    -Pantene Fine Flat to Volume shampoo
    -Nivea Express Hydration lotion (smells delicious)
    -Revlon ColorBurst lipgloss in Hot Pink (it's a blister pack, not a tube)
    -Fekkai Shea Butter shampoo
    -Fekkai Shea Butter conditioner
    -Target coupon book with $25 worth of discounts

I'm super excited about this! The bag is REALLY cute and I'm digging the samples. I was a little saddy sad that there wasn't a little Sally Hansen polish sample like I thought I saw in the promo picture, but really I'm not complaining. I love getting freebies in the mail!
  • nolachick
    Options

-Sonia Kashuk makeup bag
    -Neutrogena lip balm

I'm super excited about this! The bag is REALLY cute and I'm digging the samples. I was a little saddy sad that there wasn't a little Sally Hansen polish sample like I thought I saw in the promo picture, but really I'm not complaining. I love getting freebies in the mail!

That is freaking awesome! u shud do a haul and take pics as well as reviews :):):)

I went to clinique today and got the Color Surge Tinted Moisturizer and got this gift with purchase! yeah!

SK0315_20110315_saksbonus_04.jpg

the face and eye cream i've already used and i love it. the mascara and primer i used for the first time today and wasnt too crazy about it. their high lengths mascara is way better. umm..... the lipstick thingy is ok, not much of color on me. the eyeliner is brown, i prefer black. but over all i'm pretty happy. the make up case is nice and has two different compartments, perfect for separating brushes, eyeliners, tweezers, etc small stuff that usually gets lost in ur make up bag.
  • humblemonkey
    Options

-Sonia Kashuk makeup bag
    -Neutrogena lip balm

i got mine too! the little bag is SO cute. and perfect for tampons, lipstick, and pressed powder so theyre not rattling around your purse ;o)
    I have not tried anything but the chapstick yet...i was waiting til the weekend...so hopefully between today and tomorrow i will find out whats good from it!!

update on the stuff i bought the other day: so i got dark signature eyeshadow palet by rimmel and so far im liking it--and loving the price more--- they had a sale and each palet (4 colors each) was $1,74! cant beat it. the colors are wicked cute...but idk that the color lasts very long :o( i am OUT of primer tho...so im sure using that would help a little. i also got it in the green shades...(forget what they call the collection) but i havent gotten to try them out yet. maybe tomorrow!! i loveee the new bronzer i got which is also by rimmel. its voted "america's #1 bronzer" and so far i have to agree--- it gives good color without looking too orangy-brinze or super shimmery and fake. it also helps to blend foundation well.
    hmm...i think that is all in the way of my make-uping this week! i hope everyone has a greatttt weekend and glams it up!! :o)
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    oh and DUH--- eyelashes i cant rate yet because i havent used them!
    but i CAN rate the nail art pens...theyre by Kiss...called Nail Artist fine nail art pens...one's hot pink and the other's silver. i made a REALLY cute french with them (hot pink tip with a silver line under and a light pink cover) but it only lasted like....half a day before it came right off. NOT cool. im kinda disappointed!! im still gonna play tho--maybe a better top coat or layering it in between a base, color and top coat...

the green rimmel palet thingy is called "tempting" and it has a sparkling white, dark and light green in it. the dark signature has 3 shades of purple and a sparkly white as well.

to further my reaction to dark signature--- i was using the almay intense i-color trio for browns prior....and the colors were not as good as the rimmel...but the color lasted longer. STINKS...wish i could magically combine the 2 into 1!!

i ALSO got a cheapy blush because i was visitng my mom and mine mustve fallen out of my bag before i left....and since blush and mascara are my 2 go-to items, i had to pick some up....and good thing i did because despite it being Wet n Wild... it is AMAZING. it lasts all day and they color is nice. it's ultimate minerals blush in 163-pinched pink. its a loose powder and i use the brush from my older blush (because it is the PERFECT shape for applying blush and now brush i have found has worked as well!) and it goes on fantastic.

fyi-- the rimmel bronzer i mentioned in the above post is in 027- sun dance and it is the natural bronzer.

ok wow...that was a lot. SORRY!! lol
  • nolachick
    Options
    @laina thanks for sharing. i am really liking wet n wild, i have 2 of their blushes which i love. forgot the names but one is pink and the other is peachy bronze. its the old packaging tho the small square ones not the new rectangular ones.

I did see the milani baked bronzer while at walgreens today and i was sooo tempted to get one but i am on a make up "diet" haha

i am very tempted to get the TARTE 8th wonder of the world set. any one have it? it looks like such a great deal and altho i've heard a lot about the foundation and mascara i really just like the blush in it - looks adorable. its almost $50 bucks tho so thats a lot for me to spend on make up at one time.

has anyone tried CLINIQUE TINTED MOISTURIZER? (new moisture surge)

i'm not crazy about it but want other's opinions
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I confess i am a make up addict lol
    I worked as a make up artist for 5 years(before leaving last year to do hair)the amount of make up i have is CRAZY!!! i have 15 drawers plus that are full to the top. People are shocked when they see it but i dont feel that bad because 90% of it was free.
    I am moving to australia in august and seriously freaking out about shipping it out there.

Oh any recommendations on a nice tinted moisturizer with good coverage? I am allergic to clinque but any thing else goes.

What are everyones fave products that you cant live without?

Mine would have to be smashbox photo finish primer & max factor lash effect mascara LOVE
  • nolachick
    Options

has anyone tried CLINIQUE TINTED MOISTURIZER? (new moisture surge)

i'm not crazy about it but want other's opinions

* UPDATE * i tried this again this morning this time applying it with just my fingertips instead of a sponge, and then setting it with estee lauder loose powder and I definately felt a difference. it set nice and smooth and didnt look dewy, it was matte instead so i'm very happy with it right about now. let's see how it stands up to my workout later, if it doesnt rub off on my shirt when i change or start sweating, then it will get an A+ :)
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    In love with makeup! it makes me feel so good. love liquid liner. looking for a really dark pencil liner that stays on and doesnt smudge and is waterproof. i am aspiring to be a makup artist. hope to start makeup school in the summer.
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    In love with makeup! it makes me feel so good. love liquid liner. looking for a really dark pencil liner that stays on and doesnt smudge and is waterproof. i am aspiring to be a makup artist. hope to start makeup school in the summer.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Anyone tried the Tarte Amazonian blushes?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P278610&categoryId=B70

I'm digging Dollface...