INSANITY - Updates & Progress- New Group

Options

Replies

• edburg
    edburg Posts: 22
    Options
    Hey, Ed, did you make it this morning? I was still cussing Shaun T. late last night from that workout yesterday morning as my thighs were still burning when I went to bed. LOL!
    [/quote]

I did! I was so happy that I got it out of the way. I went to bed waaay too late last night so I wasn't able to do it this morning but as soon as I get home I'll be doing my 3rd? fit test and whatever else Shaun T. has in store. I'll be posting my results later tonight.

Only 2 weeks left!!!!
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We are starting our "recovery" week tonight, I'm a little scared! Having to learn new moves/routines is always fun, especially with four of us doing it, and inevitably someone will goof something up and we'll all be giggling. We had our month 1 celebration Friday night and back at our healthy eating on Saturday, it was fun, but not something I want to repeat that often!

Ed, my first fit tests results were embarrassing for me as well, I wasn't (and still aren't) very fit, but it definitely is improving. From my grand total of pushup jacks on the first fit test of 3.. my second was 6 and now, during the workouts I'm up to 12! I think my husband cheated on his first fit test- he gave up on the last exercise and logged himself a 0 for it, and now he claims the biggest improvement *argh*.

Those of you in the 2nd month, are you able to do the workouts AND fit test in the same day? We are considering doing our fit tests on Sunday just so we don't have to double up. Keep up the great work ya'll... and OMG.. I see a few blades of grass outside, even in Alaska it's finally spring!!!

~~Veronica
  • edburg
    edburg Posts: 22
    Options
    I just completed my second to last FIT TEST!
    FT results #1, #2, #3, # 4
    switch kicks - 20, 55, 70, 91
    power jacks - 22, 41, 46, 50
    power knees - 50, 75, 84, 95
    power jumps - 4, 11, 15, 21
    globe jumps - 2, 8, 8, 9
    suicide jumps - 6, 8, 10, 12
    push-up jacks - 0, 11, 19, 14
    low plank oblique - 14, 34, 37, 43

right after that I had to do MAX INTERVAL CIRCUIT I didn't think I was gonna make it through
    I had to look at it just one circuit at a time. It's so hard when your out of breath/in pain and you see 47 min lefts. You just have to keep telling yourself 'just get through this next circuit', hydrate, and repeat.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 2 - Day 1. I am not sure whether I am doing ball curly push ups properly. Can someone give insights into it.

Thanks!!!
  • tpiper55
    tpiper55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good Morning DIGGING DEEPER Peeps:wink::laugh:

Jennieo, wow you walked 6.5 HOURS on Sunday? Were you competing in an event? Or did you mean 6.5 miles? I’m doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer April 30 and May 1 (39.3 mile walk) and although I’ve done it for the past four years, I still get a little nervous leading up to it.:huh:

Mamareese, LOVE your attitude. Maybe you’ll be one of the ones who’s body just MELTS during the Max Phase. Keep it up girl

Jchapa, CONGRATS!! That is definitely something to be happy about. I loved reading about your results, thanks for sharing.

Biged, no laughing around here…just a lot of support:flowerforyou: . Look at it this way, you have lots of room to GROW into the workout, that’s more room for improvement and for results. I can’t wait to see how much you improve on your next FT.
    The more I hear about how hard Month 2, the more I'm looking forward to it. Does that make any sense?
    Makes perfect sense.

Lea, Keep it up!! Keep us posted. Judging by your Cardio Phase results, you’re gonna blow the Max Phase out the water!!!

Alyssa, I think it’s awesome that you’re setting such a good example for your younger sibs.

Vallejos, when I’ve done INSANITY in the past, I did a morning/evening workout on the days I had to do the Fit Test and one of the Max workouts.

Edburg, WOW!!! Those are some great numbers.

Toni
  • tpiper55
    tpiper55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 17 and did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs earlier. I really like Pure Cardio because just as you fatigue one area, you move on to something else, but Cardio Abs was a bit of a struggle for me. I've dedicated these last two weeks of the Cardio Phase to really digging deeper and pushing past the mental barriers during the workout. Yesterday during Plyometric Cardio Curcuit, I got a little further during the Level II drills in-out moves on the floor and I felt like my midsection and quads were going to EXPLODE:explode: . I tried pushing further with Cardio Abs this morning, but man...that might take a bit more time, especially those double legged in-out-up-down things. I'm beginning to think Shaun T hates me:huh:

Carpe Diem everyone.
    Toni
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I am ordering Insanity tomorrow :smile:
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Edburg - AWESOME FT results! You are doing great! :) I felt the same way about Max Interval Circuit.yesterday. It's tough when you know you have 9 circuits to do.

Toni - I feel the same way about those "double legged in-out-up-down things" Even worse when he says you stil have about 20 seconds to go and I am dying to be D.O.N.E! LOL!

I have jello arms today after doing Max Interval Plyo this morning. I actually figured it out and in this one I did 249 push-ups or a form of push-up. I remember why I hate "plyo" ;)

Everyone have a great day.

DIG DEEPER!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Great job all! My post will be short today because I don't want to lose too much steam with my crabby 'tude this morning! Plus I have a super busy work day. :grumble:

The scale is up 3 lbs and although I know all the plausible reasons why...I'm still bummed about it. I appreciate jabdye's response on my wall...I needed a little pick me up. Sometimes even when we know all the reasons, the answers don't fit what we want to have happen. I up'd my calories a few days ago and I'm still playing around with making good choices with those extra calories. So there's lots of reasons for the fluctuation I'm sure. I still feel to great physically to think that Insanity isn't the right choice. I'm still in LOVE with it and Shaun T. It's the best love/hate relationship ever!!

I hope everyone's Tuesday is wonderful!! And that every DIGS DEEPER today! Tomorrow is my rest day and I need it. Going to use it as a chance to get my mind back to a better outlook and keep pushing through. :smile:
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Did the Plyo Cardio Circuit... That workout was awesome... Kicked my butt, and I'm sore in muscles I forgot I had... Picked up a heart rate monitor and I burned 700 calories... That was great... My mucscles were burning a few times and I had to stop, but I actually thought I'd have to stop more. Looking forward to tomorrow's workout...

Thanks everybody for the kind words yesterday.... After I was was finished, even as tired as I was, I still had a smile on my face because I did it!!! 58 more days to go....
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I just completed my second to last FIT TEST!
    FT results #1, #2, #3, # 4
    switch kicks - 20, 55, 70, 91
    power jacks - 22, 41, 46, 50
    power knees - 50, 75, 84, 95
    power jumps - 4, 11, 15, 21
    globe jumps - 2, 8, 8, 9
    suicide jumps - 6, 8, 10, 12
    push-up jacks - 0, 11, 19, 14
    low plank oblique - 14, 34, 37, 43

right after that I had to do MAX INTERVAL CIRCUIT I didn't think I was gonna make it through
    I had to look at it just one circuit at a time. It's so hard when your out of breath/in pain and you see 47 min lefts. You just have to keep telling yourself 'just get through this next circuit', hydrate, and repeat.
    GREAT results!! Good for you. I was a little concerned about having to do the fit test and a workout in the same day, so I may do it on Sunday like Valerie said.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Great job all! My post will be short today because I don't want to lose too much steam with my crabby 'tude this morning! Plus I have a super busy work day. :grumble:

The scale is up 3 lbs and although I know all the plausible reasons why...I'm still bummed about it. I appreciate jabdye's response on my wall...I needed a little pick me up. Sometimes even when we know all the reasons, the answers don't fit what we want to have happen. I up'd my calories a few days ago and I'm still playing around with making good choices with those extra calories. So there's lots of reasons for the fluctuation I'm sure. I still feel to great physically to think that Insanity isn't the right choice. I'm still in LOVE with it and Shaun T. It's the best love/hate relationship ever!!

I hope everyone's Tuesday is wonderful!! And that every DIGS DEEPER today! Tomorrow is my rest day and I need it. Going to use it as a chance to get my mind back to a better outlook and keep pushing through. :smile:
    I love your attitude, Reese! Don't let the scale defeat you! The numbers will start to go down again. :smile:
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    I have jello arms today after doing Max Interval Plyo this morning. I actually figured it out and in this one I did 249 push-ups or a form of push-up. I remember why I hate "plyo" ;)

DIG DEEPER!
    Two.hundred.and.forty.nine...PUSHUPS! You are incredible. Just absolutely incredible!!!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Did the Plyo Cardio Circuit... That workout was awesome... Kicked my butt, and I'm sore in muscles I forgot I had... Picked up a heart rate monitor and I burned 700 calories... That was great... My mucscles were burning a few times and I had to stop, but I actually thought I'd have to stop more. Looking forward to tomorrow's workout...

Thanks everybody for the kind words yesterday.... After I was was finished, even as tired as I was, I still had a smile on my face because I did it!!! 58 more days to go....

What a great attitude!!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    biged, great job as always! Like I said on your status, the Plyo CC is the biggest calorie burner (for me) in Month 1. I don't get nearly the numbers in any other workout.

Today was my last Cardio Power & Resistance. Can't say I'll miss it (that is, of course, until I get to those Month 2 workouts and then I'll be begging to have them back :laugh:). I just don't really like this particule workout is all. My shoulders are feeling it though. Those V pushups are always tough for me.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options

DIG DEEPER!
    Two.hundred.and.forty.nine...PUSHUPS! You are incredible. Just absolutely incredible!!!

Awesome...but I'm not sure I want to know how many push ups are in my future. Any activity that starts with the word "LEVEL" usually kills me.
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I am in a great mood this Monday morning!!! I have officially completed INSANITY!!! I can't believe I actually DID IT!!! I actually cried finishing up my FIT TEST..LOL! I got sooo emotional!! Out of 5 of my friends only 2 of us completed Insanity!!! All I have to say is DON'T GIVE UP!!! It is worth it =)) If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!!!

I am soooo HAPPY =))
    That's great! Congrats!! I think I might end up crying at the end too. :laugh: Do you mind posting your fit test results (day 1 and day 63)?

FIT TEST DAY 1, DAY 63 RESULTS

switch kicks - 70, 112
    power jacks - 41, 53
    power knees - 60, 80
    power jumps - 25, 42
    globe jumps - 6, 10
    suicide jumps - 15, 20
    push-up jacks - 15, 30
    low plank oblique - 35, 65
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Hello all!

I am in a great mood this Monday morning!!! I have officially completed INSANITY!!! I can't believe I actually DID IT!!! I actually cried finishing up my FIT TEST..LOL! I got sooo emotional!! Out of 5 of my friends only 2 of us completed Insanity!!! All I have to say is DON'T GIVE UP!!! It is worth it =)) If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!!!

I am soooo HAPPY =))
    That's great! Congrats!! I think I might end up crying at the end too. :laugh: Do you mind posting your fit test results (day 1 and day 63)?

FIT TEST DAY 1, DAY 63 RESULTS

switch kicks - 70, 112
    power jacks - 41, 53
    power knees - 60, 80
    power jumps - 25, 42
    globe jumps - 6, 10
    suicide jumps - 15, 20
    push-up jacks - 15, 30
    low plank oblique - 35, 65
    That is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing. What do you plan on doing next?
  • lovetowrite73
    Options

DIG DEEPER!

Awesome...but I'm not sure I want to know how many push ups are in my future. Any activity that starts with the word "LEVEL" usually kills me.
    Yeah, I'm not fond of the Level 1 or 2 drills. I'm sure there probably level infinity drills in month 2 though just because we don't like them!!

Was today's workout any easier than yesterday? Less cussing? :happy:
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options

DIG DEEPER!

Just want to explain a little about the push-ups before you all think I am super woman! LOL! You do several forms of push-ups i.e. V push-ups, full body push-ups, power push-ups, side push-ups (these totally suck *kitten* by the way) etc. in the different circuits so it's not just regular old push-ups. I don't think I could do 249 regular push-ups. I'd die! LOL!