Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options

Replies

• jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Lots to catch up on! Congrats Sheri on the baby! She's beautiful! This weekend I went to a friend's parent's birthday party and saw a lot of people that I haven't seen. Everyone keep trying to by me a drink. And I kept saying no thanks I'm 3 months pregnant. Most of the reactions were "really, you're not even showing! You look great!" Made my weekend! I was just telling my husband that I feel that I'm showing already and I didn't really show with DS till I was almost 20 weeks. So mabye it's in my head lol! Have a great week everyone!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    brittony - have you felt hiccups yet?

Baby girl is very active but today was the first time I am certain she was hiccuping! It felt weird and very cool.

Sthorp - I may have lot of questions. Do you also have a knowledge base with pumping too?
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Emma is kicking away! She must be digging into the orange juice Mama had for breakfast :laugh: I think she might be working herself into a head down position. Her kicks are consistently above my belly button now. They used to only be in my lower pelvic region. I don't think she has settled there yet, though. In fact, I'm pretty sure she was sideways last night. It felt really weird and my stomach looked like there was an alien trying to come out. :tongue:

I've been feeling Josh a lot higher up lately too, but I still get kicks off to the side and down low. This kid is all over the place! People have told me that eventually I'll be able to feel his head so I can tell how he is positioned, but for now it's a mystery!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I was able to walk on a treadmill lastnight for an hour, and I'm feeling really good today! :happy:

Sheri - I thought about becoming a mall walker when the weather was still really bad here. I have a coupon to get a $20 gift card if I register at Target, so maybe I will take advantage of their square footage at the same time and get a good walk in! Sorry to hear that little Brooklyn had to get poked and prodded at :frown: I think I'll have hubby handle that stuff too. Hoping everything is all better soon!

Bethe - How is your ankle feeling? I know for awhile there it was really bothering you. Have you been able to do any walking?

Rachael - How is everything coming with the new house?

Tonight is our first childbirth class at the hospital and I'm pretty excited to see what it's all about! Any tips from others who have done these before? Not really sure what to expect other than a tour and I'm assuming a child birth video.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Sounds like a horrible experience, I could not stand the idea of anything being wrong with my baby. The nurse called me and said that her jaundice level was almost 14 and so we need to take her back Wednesday for another blood draw. Hubby and I are totally unsure what to do about this. I am going to email the kids pediatrician and see what he says but so far we are leaning towards not having another draw. He said it was freaky the way they take her blood and he does not want her to go through that again unless it is absolutely necessary. They use this little scan thing on the forehead and if it reads high then you get the blood drawn so I think I am going to have them do that reader thing to see what it says and ONLY if it is high will we even think of taking her back to the lab. So torn between not letting them do unnecessary testing on her and not letting anything happen to my baby. I think I am becoming hormonal :cry:

The cure is sun, lots of sun and nurse, nurse, nurse. Offer every hour today. If she falls asleep, jiggle her, switch sides, nurse her stripped down, rub her feet each time she stops suckling.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there! Going back today at 2:15 to be checked again to see if anymore progress has been made (Last week I was 3 cm and 50% effaced). I'd really like for her to make her appearance soon... :smile: Still not impatient enough to schedule an induction though!

Haven't checked in the past few days - been trying to stay busy and do some last minute things. I actually WALKED yesterday! You exercise challengers would be proud of me! :laugh: Told my husband I was going to walk her out! Was feeling some contractions last night but they stopped shortly. I"m very glad I wasn't in labor last night because we had TERRIBLE thunderstorms and tornadoes here in the area, and it would have been horrible getting to the hospital. May have been a home birth...lol
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I was able to walk on a treadmill lastnight for an hour, and I'm feeling really good today! :happy:

Sheri - I thought about becoming a mall walker when the weather was still really bad here. I have a coupon to get a $20 gift card if I register at Target, so maybe I will take advantage of their square footage at the same time and get a good walk in! Sorry to hear that little Brooklyn had to get poked and prodded at :frown: I think I'll have hubby handle that stuff too. Hoping everything is all better soon!

Bethe - How is your ankle feeling? I know for awhile there it was really bothering you. Have you been able to do any walking?

Tonight is our first childbirth class at the hospital and I'm pretty excited to see what it's all about! Any tips from others who have done these before? Not really sure what to expect other than a tour and I'm assuming a child birth video.

There were some issues with paperwork last week, so we were unable to move in over the weekend. But today is the big move in day! I am super excited! But when thinking about how much more I have to do, it already makes me tired. :) I spent three hours packing last night, and it wore me right now. Now I get to unpack it all. But totally worth it. I can't wait to get all settled in and get the nursery going.

Good job on walking btw. :) And I can't help you on the class thing, I haven't gone to one yet. Mine will be interesting because my mother-in-law teaches them. :) But hey, I get it free.
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    brittony - have you felt hiccups yet?

Baby girl is very active but today was the first time I am certain she was hiccuping! It felt weird and very cool.

Sthorp - I may have lot of questions. Do you also have a knowledge base with pumping too?

Feel free to ask me any questions you like if I don't know the answer off the top of my head I can probably find out for you if I look in my course book or refer you to a good reliable internet source of knowledge.

Hiccups are fun, my little boy used to get them all the time, for all those first timers you should be able to distinguish the head, basically it feels like a hard ball, slightly larger than a tennis ball, you will probably be able to feel it best if you are laying down relaxing ;)
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

Hey Lynn! Thanks for asking about my ankle. I miss walking quite a bit and still have been unable to get back at it. My ankle is still messed up and I will be getting an xray after this little guy is born. The extra weight I am adding to it now is also not helping matters.

I hope you enjoy your class tonight. My husband and I took one with our first. My first birth was the best one I have had. Maybe I should have gone back for a refresher before the others were born :laugh:
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there! Going back today at 2:15 to be checked again to see if anymore progress has been made (Last week I was 3 cm and 50% effaced). I'd really like for her to make her appearance soon... :smile: Still not impatient enough to schedule an induction though!

Haven't checked in the past few days - been trying to stay busy and do some last minute things. I actually WALKED yesterday! You exercise challengers would be proud of me! :laugh: Told my husband I was going to walk her out! Was feeling some contractions last night but they stopped shortly. I"m very glad I wasn't in labor last night because we had TERRIBLE thunderstorms and tornadoes here in the area, and it would have been horrible getting to the hospital. May have been a home birth...lol

Been thinking about you! Please keep us posted and let us know how your appointment goes today. I was in the same position as you on Friday (3cm, 50% effaced) but my doctor still scheduled me out a week. So I won't get checked again until Friday if I make it that long.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Megan - sounds like Annabelle will be making her appearance any day now. 3 cm and 50% is great progress, especially without being in labor. You are already nearly 1/3 of the the way through labor! Keep walking and swaying those hips, she will be in your arms in no time.

Bethe- you should stay near the hospital, being 3 cm and with your history I wonder if you will have the baby in 1-2 hours :laugh: Sounds like you have flying babies!

Rachel- it is a fun time, good thing you have time before your little one arrives to get it all settled.

Lynn- have fun at Target, I found myself at Costco a lot at the end just because it is one of the largest stores we have around here.

Thanks all for the advice, Brooklynn is actually awake and alert today. Well actually she was up ALL NIGHT cluster feeding and pooing so I am very happy about that. My 3 year old keeps saying "you gotta drink mommy's magic milk Brooki, it will make you all better" :heart:

Hubby has been a life saver, he changes atleast 90% of the diapers and hands her off to me for feedings. He actually took her out of our room at 5:30 this morning and rocked her so I could get 1 1/2 hrs of sleep before we had to wake up the boys.

Any suggestions for sore nipples/breasts? I feel like they are totally bruised or something :blushing:
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Savoy cabbage leaves if you refrigerate them then place them in your bra they are very cooling and soothing, also you can express a drop of milk by hand and massage it in but basically you have to give it 10 days or so to settle down. Check that she is latching on correctly and not pulling away from the breast, to help this try and tuck her body straight against your body, tummy to mommy so it frees up her nose for breathing. Make sure she is getting a full mouth of breast and not just your nipple, you should be able to see the little bone under her ear (part of her jaw) moving as she sucks. At the start of each feed if it is sore count to 10 and if it is still hurting after that then try adjusting her position and re-attaching. You will both pick it up in no time.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Megan and Bethe - I think you are both about ready to meet your little ones. It sounds like any day now. It is scary, as I think I am "next up" after you ladies to give birth :noway: Keep us updated on your progress.

Rachel - Good luck with moving in. I am sure your excitment will help you push through the tiredness.

I am off to my 37 week appt (I guess my ticker below is off by a few days). Does anyone know if they check you each time from now on? I was checked last week at 36 weeks, but I wasn't sure if they will do it each time gong forward. It hurt pretty bad last time, and I had some pretty significant bleeding for about 12 hours afterword. I would like to avoid that pain/bleeding if possible.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I am off to my 37 week appt (I guess my ticker below is off by a few days). Does anyone know if they check you each time from now on? I was checked last week at 36 weeks, but I wasn't sure if they will do it each time gong forward. It hurt pretty bad last time, and I had some pretty significant bleeding for about 12 hours afterword. I would like to avoid that pain/bleeding if possible.

You can refuse to be checked. It serves no purpose and tells you little of when baby will arrive. You can be long and closed and deliver in hours or effaced a lot and already dilated and baby isn't ready for weeks.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Savoy cabbage leaves if you refrigerate them then place them in your bra they are very cooling and soothing, also you can express a drop of milk by hand and massage it in but basically you have to give it 10 days or so to settle down. Check that she is latching on correctly and not pulling away from the breast, to help this try and tuck her body straight against your body, tummy to mommy so it frees up her nose for breathing. Make sure she is getting a full mouth of breast and not just your nipple, you should be able to see the little bone under her ear (part of her jaw) moving as she sucks. At the start of each feed if it is sore count to 10 and if it is still hurting after that then try adjusting her position and re-attaching. You will both pick it up in no time.

Good advice. As to soreness, are you sore or is there cracking and/or bleeding. When latching tickle her lower lip w/ your breast. When she opens her mouth wide, pull her into your breast to latch.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    So there is a 40% chance of raining while we move...:grumble: Please send prayers this way that it will at least wait till we are finished. :ohwell: Thanks! :smile:
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Ah just made a much needed trip to Target. I wanted to get the kids' Easter basket goodies pretty much taken care of.

This weekend my husband went up to the attic to get my 2 year old's baby clothes for this little guy (Wade). Well, the only clothes up there my daughters' clothes! I did end up donating ALL of my son's baby clothes because my husband had made it pretty clear he would be our last. So I have NOTHING clotheswise for Wade. I picked up some onesies and a couple sleepers. Now I need to find something for him to come home in. I cannot believe I am this unprepared. I need to make a trip to BRU but that is 30 minutes away and I am not sure I feel comfortable doing that. I haven't checked Kohls, maybe they have some cute things for newborns.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Ah just made a much needed trip to Target. I wanted to get the kids' Easter basket goodies pretty much taken care of.

This weekend my husband went up to the attic to get my 2 year old's baby clothes for this little guy (Wade). Well, the only clothes up there my daughters' clothes! I did end up donating ALL of my son's baby clothes because my husband had made it pretty clear he would be our last. So I have NOTHING clotheswise for Wade. I picked up some onesies and a couple sleepers. Now I need to find something for him to come home in. I cannot believe I am this unprepared. I need to make a trip to BRU but that is 30 minutes away and I am not sure I feel comfortable doing that. I haven't checked Kohls, maybe they have some cute things for newborns.

Oh goodness! What about shopping online, Carter's, etc for a few things. Then after baby arrives buy what you really need.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Megan/Bethe- Sounds like your time is soon! I can't wait for your babies but I am sad you will be moving on to a new group! You will be in my thoughts.

Rachael- NO RAIN NO RAIN! Good luck moving! New homes can be sooo exciting!

Lynn- I can't wait to hear about your class. We arn't going for a little while yet but I don't knwo what to expect.

I am so tired going back to work today. Apparently sleeping just isn't my thing :C I got really sick a could times last week still... and I ate awesome a couple of those days so I think it just is more MS for me... yea. I have my next check up friday... and my home weigh in... not excited for the #. My walking has been terrible with all of the trips. I am getting back into it this week! On a happy note my sister is coming over to sort through baby shower gifts with me tonight. YEA!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Megan/Bethe- Sounds like your time is soon! I can't wait for your babies but I am sad you will be moving on to a new group! You will be in my thoughts.

Rachael- NO RAIN NO RAIN! Good luck moving! New homes can be sooo exciting!

Lynn- I can't wait to hear about your class. We arn't going for a little while yet but I don't knwo what to expect.

I am so tired going back to work today. Apparently sleeping just isn't my thing :C I got really sick a could times last week still... and I ate awesome a couple of those days so I think it just is more MS for me... yea. I have my next check up friday... and my home weigh in... not excited for the #. My walking has been terrible with all of the trips. I am getting back into it this week! On a happy note my sister is coming over to sort through baby shower gifts with me tonight. YEA!

I will miss you guys too! But on the positive side you all will hopefully hop on over to the postnatal group when your little ones arrive.

Enjoy the time with your sister tonight.