Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 47

Options

Replies

• tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Lauren - no worries on the yelling. I'm actually quite surprised I didn't yell to the lady that called to offer me the job. hahahah I had to consciously think "Breath... don't yell. Say 'thank you'"

Heather - I'm quite sure I'll jinx everything, but it does seem like things are beginning to turn around :)
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Julie - I am so so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through, but you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. ((((hugs))))
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Teresa - congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! :flowerforyou:

Lauren - good luck refocusing. It's so easy to just slip back into bad habits when life and work get difficult. Hopefully those swimsuits serve as motivation!

Jess - it's good to see you back here. We've missed you!

Heather - LOVE that you had a better experience at the museum this time. It warms my abstract art-loving soul. :laugh:

I had a pretty good weekend, despite being under the weather (asthma, allergies, some sort of virus, and, as of today, PINK EYE! :grumble: ). Sunday I went up to Richmond with my gym buddy and we meant to look for swimsuits for our upcoming beach week vacation, but both ended up buying formal dresses for our upcoming dance! I couldn't believe it, and I'm so excited, since the weight loss has slowed, but I tried on 4 or 5 dresses in a size 16 and every single one of them fit. EVERY ONE! So I bought an adorable one-shouldered dress that will also work for my graduation dinner party with some different jewelry.

I just can't believe it - I'm officially a size 16!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options

I just can't believe it - I'm officially a size 16!

Great news!! I am so excited for you!!!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Allison: Congrats on the size 16! That's amazing. Hopefully you feel better soon for your run on Saturday. I have a 5k on Saturday, so I'll be thinking of you while I'm running mine.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the Monday:
    Calories: about right, but forgot to post
    Exercise: hour with PT
    Water: poor - soda is a killer for water drinking, better in the evening
    Proud: I only drank 2 Diet Dr. Pepper's yesterday

New job is going well. Family is annoying - they say I spend too much time on computer when I am home, but with new job, don't get any personal PC time during the day. Guess I will have to wait until after 10pm to log.

Julie - so sorry to hear about your brother. Message heard and understood. You and your family are in my prayers.
    Tstout - WOOT! WOOT! on the new job!
    PurpleProse - Size 16 - YEAH! for you!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of my re focus went okay. There was a minor slip up when my manager walked in the door with deserts from Sonic. I figured it was going to be high in calories but no 730 calories! YIKES! So that sucked up the rest of the calories for my day. I went home and re started c25k yesterday...outside...in an effort to get ready for Warrior Dash and my 5k in June I'm going to do as much running outside as possible. It was HARD. There were hills and it was windy and my lungs felt like they were on fire and it was about 50 degrees outside!! But I made it through. Day 2 tomorrow!

I see lots of great things going on the here. I really hope I can stick with this, this time around! I'm ready for some more change.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Big hooray to Allison and her new size 16 dress!
    Heather, all your 5Ks are super inspiring. They haven't inspired me to action...yet. :wink: But maybe they will!
    Jess, glad you're reboot went well. I did some outside running yesterday as well!

Checking in:
    Cals - Under with exercise (1,719 - SUSHI!)
    Water - 88 oz
    Exercise - 45 minutes of interval walking and running = 406 cals
    Proud - Got out and enjoyed the nice day AND ran outside again. Such a treat!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm BAAAAACK!!! Who missed me? Apparently no one, since my email box is empty! LOL
    That's OK - I know you missed me!!!

I am starting anew. I haven't weighed myself for weeks, but I have been doing very well with eating. VERY little exercise, though. But I'm fixing that starting tomorrow!!!

Julie, I am so sorry about your brother. Your family is in my prayers. I read a few posts about your due date - when is it? I seem to have missed the post with the date. I'm excited because I think it is July, because Momma and I have our birthdays in July and her post said something about being close to her birthday. I hope it's July 17th! (my bday)

So here I am. Again. I've missed you all!!!
    My birthday is in July too
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Julie so sorry for your loss ! I will be praying for you and your family.Ok so I had to restart again Monday .I have been so stressed last week that nothing seemed to keep me from eating.My husband may not have a job in a few months so please pray that he keeps this job because he just got a raise and we have been doing really well and then a letter was sent out last week that he may lose his job because of a merger with a new company .My hubby says its unlikely that he will be one of those people but I am still stressing over it because it is a possibility so please keep us in your prayers that he keeps his position.Today marks the one year anniversary of the mining accident that killed 29 miners ( friends) in our community
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    lauren-I had some sushi for lunch. YUM! Okay on cals but crazy on sodium! So delicious though.

Ann-I hope your hubby doesn't get laid off. I'll keep y'all in my thoughts.

Day 2 going okay. Can't decide if I want to workout again tonight. I was shooting for the first couple weeks just doing c25k. Don't want to burn myself out on exercise again. But I guess if I WANT I should. I keep meaning to go buy this Kettlbell DVD I keep hearing about.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Ann, I hope all works out for your hubby and his job.

Jess, congrats on restarting the couch25k. Makes me think of Cris, I miss her!!!!

Yay on the size 16 dress Allison!!

Whoohoo on the new job tstout.

Ryan actually wanted to go to school today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Momma24
    Options
    Think back to the first day you started on Mfp!! Remember how motivated and ready you were to do this? I do and I have lost that motivation. I want it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

Ryan actually wanted to go to school today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: yay for Ryan wanting to go to school! That's great news!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: right up to the top ... but didn't go over
    exercise: good - an hour of step
    water: not so good
    proud: I had steelhead trout for lunch! I am always afraid of fish for leftovers but I did it anyway and it was delicious!

today is a no-exercise day for me ... but I had a looong boring meeting over the phone, so I shut my door, muted my phone and did squats and some yoga moves for about 15 minutes (1 leg airplane (I don't know if that is the official name) - I love it for my stomach and back) ... so at least I didn't just waste the time being bored!

momma: I was so motivated when I first joined MFP, then I lost my motivation for a long time last year and seemed to be getting nowhere, in fact went the wrong direction when I stopped tracking on MFP for awhile. I needed something 'new' to jump start me again - and that was my nutrition class and diet change. Now MFP is a great support tool again. I have a friend that is going through the same thing with WW - she is going to the meetings but has lost her motivation and is frustrated about how to get it back. It can be so hard to keep that motivation when we have more than a few pounds to lose, and to even figure out what works when you do get it back. But I know we can all do it if we just keep on trying! :flowerforyou:
  • Momma24
    Options
    Good Morning ladies, WOW this thread has been slowing lately. C'mon girls part of our success is the support we give each other. I am off to take Ryan and My little Sara to school.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday!

Cals - Under with exercise (1623)
    Water - 96 oz
    Exercise - 1 hour of hot yoga
    Proud - Got to yoga and it was a HARD but GREAT class.

Come back and play ladies!

I just had a great meeting about a potential job. My manager is wonderful and really talked me up to the hiring manager. Here's hoping good things come of it!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Good luck Elmox with the job!

You are right momma, we have been a lot less chatty recently on this board and I miss it.

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: just a little over
    exercise: 15 minutes of squats and yoga during my boring phone meeting :wink:
    water: not enough
    proud: my hubby has lost 20 pounds from following my nutrition class rules! and we are sticking with this
    Oh! and my step instructor was gone this morning so I had to do the treadmill instead (which I don't really like). I was worried I wouldn't wear off as many calories so I pushed really hard and did the treadmill for 75 minutes, and then lifted weights for another 15 .... my HR monitor said I wore off twice as many as usual!
  • Momma24
    Options
    lstpaul, Congrats to the hubby and good job on the cals burned.

elmox, good luck with the job....

Yesterday, I got on my wii fit. I have not been on in 36 days it said... It also said I have lost 6.25 pounds since the last time I got on. Yay.... I recorded my new weight yesterday. According to mfp I only lost 1 pound but I have been keeping up better with mfp than wii fit. It was just kinda nice to see the 6 pounds gone in 36 days.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday!

Cals - Under
    Water - 64 oz (just barely 8 cups)
    Exercise - 1 hour with PT
    Proud - Only 1 Diet Dr. Pepper and more water!

Elmox - good luck with the job prospect!
    Momma - Yeah for Ryan wanting to go to school!

I was super motivated when I started MFP and with the PT back in November. I have lost over 30 pounds. You would think that would be enough to keep me going, but I got stuck at this weight and as each day passed with no scale movement, by motivation has slipped. I am trying hard to make April like November. Praying that scale will move again and I can start to feel additional changes soon.