Lose 5+ pounds in April, Yes We Can!

Replies

• 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Tried Zico Coconut water (natural) today...will not be getting it again...:noway: I also bought some berry flavor..hope it tastes better than the natural...
    With you and 2Young4 trying it... I want to to! What are the benefits?

I've been taking Vita Coco everyday. I've been having the different flavours (mango today). My first one was yuck but I'm really getting used to it and starting to love it. I try to have it after a work out as I find it really refreshing. It's supposed to be more hydrating than a sports drink. It's got loads of vitamin c and potassium so I think that is good!

Also been having my 3 portions of fruit and veg and doing loads of exercise. I'm challenging myself to have a perfect week and it's going well so far.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Tried Zico Coconut water (natural) today...will not be getting it again...:noway: I also bought some berry flavor..hope it tastes better than the natural...
    With you and 2Young4 trying it... I want to to! What are the benefits?

I've been taking Vita Coco everyday. I've been having the different flavours (mango today). My first one was yuck but I'm really getting used to it and starting to love it. I try to have it after a work out as I find it really refreshing. It's supposed to be more hydrating than a sports drink. It's got loads of vitamin c and potassium so I think that is good!

Also been having my 3 portions of fruit and veg and doing loads of exercise. I'm challenging myself to have a perfect week and it's going well so far.

I bought some Zico Coconut water the other day but only plan on using it to make smoothies as I just don't see myself sitting there drinking a glass of coconut water for giggles. Hopefully it will taste good in a smoothie.
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member

Good to know! I can't eat bananas due to a food allergy so I take potassium pills. I am always looking for real food ways to get my vitamins and minerals in!
  • I am really trying to combat the Friday - Sunday snacking as well. I seem to want to reward myself for doing well Mon - Thursday. I had no loss last week which was great given that I spent the previous weekend eating my heart out and celebrating my 35th birthday.

However, I have made it my goal to stay within my calories everyday this week and to exercise one day this weekend. I hope that will help break my bad habits. so far so good. :wink:
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    I don't know how healthy a Vita muffin is(100 cal for chocolate)..but it was good!..Yummy!:happy:
  • Picky_nikki
    I don't know how healthy a Vita muffin is(100 cal for chocolate)..but it was good!..Yummy!:happy:
    I bought them recently, but didn't really like them.... a little chemically tasting. I bought the apple one too.. just haven't tried it.
    However, a couple of years ago when I was trying to lose weight I liked them more than now.... it's weird! Not sure if I changed, or them! lol
  • I tried a couple of things new this week: peach and mango smoothie! normally I just have strawberry banana, but I decided to stick my leg out there. It was pretty good!
    And I also tried turkey sausage! I was so scared but its so good!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Hello everyone!:flowerforyou:

Sorry I have been MIA but very busy.

Here is an article some of you may enjoy or like to read on the scale.

I am still sticking with weighing daily because of my food addiction. 3 days of binging and I could be up over 5 pounds. At least if I weigh daily I will put a halt on binges when I see it reflected on my trusty friend the scale. It keeps me out of self denial. But I know this does not work for everyone and this article is good for those trying to break away from the scale for a minute. Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/210470-break-free-from-the-scale
  • Picky_nikki
    I tried a couple of things new this week: peach and mango smoothie! normally I just have strawberry banana, but I decided to stick my leg out there. It was pretty good!
    Great job!! I am still trying to figure out my try something new... I will get it! lol
  • Brazilianpearl
    Brazilianpearl Posts: 14 Member
    Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
    a7cdd8afb902d8c.png

OMG, I've been so lazy this week.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member

Vitalious treats are all awesome to me! I am not too fond of the non-chocolate ones but they are good too, I just perfer chocolate.

My favorite flavors are not in the stores. My favorite flavors are the HG Peanut Butter Vita-top and HG Triple Chocolate also! I also love the 200 calorie chocolate muffin also.

My favorite non-chocolate flavor is the banana nut ones.

They are a little pricey but worth it and they send out coupons and Hungry Girl has the best coupons out there for them.
  • My something new to try was different way to make my daily mocha to start with. It was horrible, I'll stick with the calories I get from the good tasting one. I am thinking about joining my local rec center so I can take a few classes and play some hand ball. The hubby says it's so much better than racquet ball.
  • Th chart looks awesome! Thanks so much for doing that!

Venting time:

Ok so I went grocery shopping for the first time in a LONG time and had a couple of ounces of rotisserie chicken last night with baked asparagus after going running in the park (3mi total, running/walking). Breakfast today (which i never eat) included an ensure nutrition shake, lunch was leftovers and im going to try to follow up tonight with a repeat of running/ leftovers...

I like the conveience of the shake and the flavor isn't bad; i got dark chocolate which tastes kind of like a cold version of hot chocolate. Also, bringing clothes to work for running and changing when I get off mentally sets me in the committed stage for running. I really would love to start working out in the mornings (I skipped my 5:30 am bootcamp Tuesday), as I'm not a morning person. Any suggestions on ways to force yourself to get up and start the day??? I'm such a baby when it comes to getting out of bed!
  • Picky_nikki
    Th chart looks awesome! Thanks so much for doing that!

Venting time:

I really would love to start working out in the mornings (I skipped my 5:30 am bootcamp Tuesday), as I'm not a morning person. Any suggestions on ways to force yourself to get up and start the day??? I'm such a baby when it comes to getting out of bed!

Thanks! For the question... when you figure it out, please message me the answer, the more I work out the more tired I am in the morning! My sore muscles do NOT want to get out of my comfy bed!
  • Trying something new: I tried Nature's Own Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins. They are 100 calories for the sandwich and I had a roasted red pepper hummus spread for the middle of the sandwich. I normally just stick to regular hummus. I enjoyed the sandwich. It was nice lo-cal snack to have after dinner...

Let's see what Friday brings...
  • erzille
    I tried a couple of things new this week: peach and mango smoothie! normally I just have strawberry banana, but I decided to stick my leg out there. It was pretty good!
    I love turkey sauage!...especially eating out at Cracker Barrel!
  • erzille

Vitalious treats are all awesome to me! I am not too fond of the non-chocolate ones but they are good too, I just perfer chocolate.

My favorite flavors are not in the stores. My favorite flavors are the HG Peanut Butter Vita-top and HG Triple Chocolate also! I also love the 200 calorie chocolate muffin also.

My favorite non-chocolate flavor is the banana nut ones.

They are a little pricey but worth it and they send out coupons and Hungry Girl has the best coupons out there for them.

I treid them because Publix had them on sale this week, buy one box get the next free...I also will be trying the banana nut.
  • erzille
    Anyone ever heard of Buddy Fruit? I found these at Publix in the fruit section. I thought they were juice (they are packaged like a Capri Sun). They have only 60 calories..no preservatives, supposed to be natural. I bought them for me to try..but my daughter LOVES them. They are actually pureed fruit. I opened the Fruit punch, and barely had a swig...and my daughter (3 yrs old) finished it for me.
  • I'm late but I'd like to join as well!

Name: Morgan

Goal weight on April 30th: 132.2

04/01: 137.2
    04/08: 136.2
    04/15: 135.2
    04/22: 133.2
    04/30: 132.2
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    So frustrated. I've done great the last couple of days...and then I look on teh scale just to see where I'm at and I gained another 2 lbs???? What? So now I'm right back to where I started all of these monthly groups--135. I had finally gotten down to 130 only to go right back to 135 after just a few days? WHAT? I ate bad for a few days--but definitely not 3500 cal per day, so certainly not enough to put on 5 whole pounds!!!!