6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing AWESOME!!!!

Day one, I got in my water! Also, did 51 minutes on bike.
    Day two, water is in and I'm still drinking. No workout yet. That doesn't happen until my little guy goes to bed....
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Although its only 5pm here on the west coast, thought Id check in...staying within my 1200 cals and went to Yoga today...also ordered a HRM from Amazon, should be here in a few days, I dont trust that I only burned 183 cals doing an hour of Yoga :) I know that a lot of people love yoga but I find it really a push, I am 40 pounds over weight and big busted, so Im always feeling like either my stomach or my boobs are getting in the way of a yoga pose! Everyone else looks so graceful and Im grunting and sweating and doing everything I can l not to fall over!

Anyway, my other "push" for the day is to go to the gym at 6pm before dinner, I will do my elliptical and burn some cals!

I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning and after 3 weeks on this 1200 cal a day and exercising 6 days a week, Ive lost NOTHING!!!!!!!! So today Im feeling a bit discouraged, but Im plowing thru!

Love
    Kat :)
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Katie are you eating some of your exercise calories? You may need to eat more. I never heard of that till I joined this site. I've been here two weeks and have lost 7 pounds so far.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    checkin in again today just to proudly say i got my 8 cups of water in already and still awhile before bed also i am doing lunges, squats pushups crunches etc while watchin biggest loser
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    15-8oz. glasses of water and 75 minutes of exercise today.(30 min Shredding and 45 on my gazelle) Proud of me today! :)
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!

For Cardio: 65 minutes on my bike (finally riding outside)
    40 minutes elliptical
    30 minutes walk
    255 minutes for the week--that will help for tomorrow when I can't get much done with a 14 hour work day :(

Made my 8 glasses of water as well.

I decided this morning that I am also going to push myself to avoid the scale during this challenge....I have been obsessed with stepping on it at least once a day and that messes with my mind set as I get so frustrated with when it doesn't budge or moves in the wrong direction.

Keep up the good work!
    Jenn
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    50 minutes on stationary bike. And drank another 16 oz. of water while I did it!
    That's 101 minutes of cardio so far this week. Yay!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone, been busy, busy day and I got some extra walks in. Then, muscle pump class started late tonight, hence got over late, and I just got home a bit ago.

Anyway, @ Grammymax, here is the link to the original post

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/205120-6-week-push-yourself-challenge

Wow, you guys, are rockin it! I am so excited that you are all taking this so seriously. Even though it isn't something we required I do like to see what kind of results you guys are posting. I will be looking forward to hearing from everyone else by Sunday.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    @ mufltz0429 I will message you with the link to the original post with the rules and I will add you to our roster!

Here is my day one results! (disclaimer to those who don't know me well yet, I said I was going to push myself harder than ever before! I normally work out 60-90 minutes every day. So don't be too surprised with what I am pushing myself to do!)

I have had 18 glasses of water to drink but I normally drink right around that, so that part accomplished for the day!

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, this morning, and per my heart rate monitor burned 698 calories
    I did a 30 minute walk with the dog this afternoon and per my heart rate monitor burned 367 calories
    I did 20 minutes of circuit strength training before my kettle bell class and per my heart rate monitor burned 200 calories
    I did a 40 minute kettle bell class and per my hear rate monitor burned 617 calories

So that is 135 minutes. 20 strength, 85 cardio, and 30 minutes other.

Fantastic day everyone who has reported in today! I am feeding off of the enthusiasm you are all showing towards this challenge!

My results for Tuesday,

35 minutes on the elliptical this morning, burned, per my HRM, 525 calories
    88 minutes of walking the dog during three different walks, burned, per my HRM, 896 calories
    68 minutes of circuit strength training and right into a muscle pump class, burned, per my HRM, 769 calories

Just finished my 18th, 8 oz, glass of water

So, I have met the "minimum" requirement of cardio and strenght but I promise you all there will be more this week.

You are all doing FANTASTIC! I hope you are all proud of yourselves. You are working on a better you by PUSHING YOURSELVES!
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    Day 2: Today was a great day because I ran 30 consecutive minutes! for the FIRST TIME! I'm now on Week 9 of Ullrey's Couch to 5K. It was TOUGH but I'm so glad I did it!! I almost started walking after 15 minutes but kept going with my bf's encouragement. There were 4 mini hills that nearly killed me! The total mileage for this run was 2.98 miles. My goal is to run a 5K in 30 minutes so I'm getting closer. I was too tired to hit the gym for strength training tonight, so I will have to adjust that goal to still do 4 days of strength training, but spread across the week. So today was 30 min of running +14 min of brisk walking = 44 min cardio. Also 10 cups of water today. :D

Have a good night!! ~Jean
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    That is an AWESOME idea! I too am in front of a computer all day!

****I don't know how to post with someone else's quote! Does anyone know how to do that?********
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Evening all ... Tracie I took it seriously and decided to try a two a day today.

60 minutes: P90X Chest and Back (350 calories)
    30 minutes: Treadmill running (450 calories)

Rockin it! Great job to everyone who posted their results today!

Evening ...

64 minutes run (4.5 miles) burn 1067 calories :)

Tomorrow is going to be a rest day!

Total exercise minutes : 154
    Total calories burned: 1867
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - Week 1
    50 minutes treadmill 390
    35 minutes elliptical 400
    Grand total 790
    8 cups of water.
  • christinaberlyn
    christinaberlyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey I didn't post yesterday so here are Monday and Tuesday's workout:
    Monday - Your Shape Fitness on the Kinect, 30 minutes, burned 257 calories per HRM.
    Walking , 72 minutes, burned 329 calories per HRM.
    Total Minutes: 102 Total Calories: 586
    Water: 10 glasses

Tuesday - Walking leisurely pace, 60 minutes, burned 295 calories per HRM.
    Insanity Abs Video, 30 minutes, burned 220 calories per HRM.
    Walking brisk pace, 45 minutes, burned 215 calories per HRM.
    Total Minutes: 135 Total Calories: 730
    Water: 12 glasses

Total Min. for the week: 237
    Total Cal Burned: 1316
  • hannyt
    hannyt Posts: 33
    Options
    count me in!! :) add me as a friend too so i can keep updated! :)
  • Nightingale51
    Nightingale51 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracie, Count me in ... I love a good challenge!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    @ Jeanaustin if you go to the actual persons post, that you want to quote, there is a "quote" button down by the reply button. It will then quote it and pull up a new page for you to type your response.

@ Nightingale51 and hannahtie I will put you both on the list as being a part of group! Question for both of you though? We are finishing day two of this so do you two want to challenge yourselves even further and do what we require, in five days, or do you want me to shave off a little bit for the two days gone!

Also, did you bot see the original thread with what our rules/requirements are?
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I've been putting off checking in for the last hour. I had to get in my last water, but I did make 8 glasses. Whoot!
    Here is my results for day two, week one.
    - I did 30 minutes of 3.0 walking and according to MFP burned 130 calories.
    - I did a Fitness magazine walk, doing just 3.0. That lasted 15 minutes and according to MFP, I burned 98 calories.
    - I got to go to Zumba again today. That lasted 50 minutes and I listed it as low intesity aerobics, and according to MFP I burned 277 calories.
    - My strength training lasted 15 minutes, if not more, again. According to MFP, I burned 57 calories.
    - I did get in 8 glasses of water.
    Total: 100 minutes. 85 minutes is cardio and 15 minutes is strength.

chickadee's weekly progress:
    Total Minutes: 175
    Cardio Minutes: 150
    Strength Minutes: 25
    Water: 16 glasses
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I'm getting bored with Zumba and it's not a good thing. Maybe it was because my dance partner that I've been going with wasn't there. But today just wasn't too fun. However, I did pay for ten classes today and I have nine left. It doesn't expire for three months, but still, I know I'll go anyway. But today was just boring. Boo :(
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Way to go everyone! I am particularly happy to see how HARD you are all working at getting that water in! I will promise you this, when the water becomes a habit you are going to notice that you stay fuller, more, your skin will be fabulous, and many other things you will notice with your body! That is why I made it a part of this challenge and you are all working at getting it done and keeping with the challenge! I am very proud to see how seriously you are all taking this challenge that we have going on.