New Round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me! Cont'd....

Options

Replies

• becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Didn't to work out tonight. I'm really disappointed because I love Kenpo. Plan on bringing it tomorrow!
  • BrittanyShelton20
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I'm looking for some advice. While doing some of the moves in plyo and legs n back, I don't feel the burn in my upper legs and butt. Specifically, during squats and lunges I feel the burn from my knees down. I try to keep my head and chest up and stay low, but I just can't seem to get the right form. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Kind of hard without physically seeing you squat, but be sure to get your rear, rearword. Make sure your knees are not forward of your toes.

As for lunges, get your bent leg as far forward as you can, same with straightening your other leg...send it back. When you do this, you should definitely feel it in your glutes. If you aren't, you're not getting deep enough into it.

Adam,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will see what I can do. :smile:
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I finally saw the doctor. She put me on Celebrex and I'm going to get an x ray tomorrow. It sucks not being able to work my arms. But I'm still keeping up with my legs and cardio.
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    CurriedGrasshopper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are all doing fantastic!

Reepo you rock for being so committed to doing the program on the road, I find it inspiring!

Deb - your pic looks awesome!

Everyone else you rock, I wish I could do personals for everyone, but I am one tired girl.

Today is rest day of week 5, I debated on getting a run in but decided to ignore what I wanted to do and instead listened to my tired body and have spent the evening relaxing.

Tomorrow I have an early morning road trip, and possibly a few hours of work if we're back early enough, but I will find time at some point to start off week 6 ;)
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Legs&Back for me today! I got a good increase on my pullups today (using a chair still). Personally, I have to remember to not do this and Plyo back to back again. They both give me such a good burn in my legs, that it was tough to get through after Plyo yesterday.

I think I might go for Yoga tomorrow, instead of Kenpo... I hate to say it, because so many people love it, but I'm not crazy about Kenpo... I don't feel the intensity that I get from most the other workouts. Someone had mentioned weighted gloves for it, so maybe that would help me get more out of it.
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms this morning. Killed it! My favorite victories include noticing that I was lifting more than Dreya on the Congdon curls and doing 20 tri-side rises on each side for both sets!!! Also, made it through all the Fifer Scissors and got through the 40 mason twists. Had to put my feet down for a second and then finished the bonus twists too. Progress progress progress.

I leave for my friends' wedding this afternoon and then fly to England for two weeks vacation with my mom on Sunday. I'm not sure how much internet I am going to have, but I will be bringing it as best I can on the road in our tiny little hostels. Keep rocking, everyone.
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Today is either rest or stretch and I'm using it as a rest day. I think my decision has something to do with the chilly rainy weather outside :) Tomorrow I start week 6 with chest, shoulders, triceps, and ARX (God help me :wink: )

Deb, thanks for asking how my hubby likes the program! He's a real trooper and I noticed he's getting more flexible from yoga x each time we do it. We've both come to realize that everyday soreness is just part of doing these workouts haha. Its become our daily vocabulary to each other to say "ugh my arms, legs, stomach etc. are so sore" LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Today is rest day of week 5, I debated on getting a run in but decided to ignore what I wanted to do and instead listened to my tired body and have spent the evening relaxing.

I hope you enjoyed the rest day! Most of the time, it is just what the doctor ordered to be able to BRING IT! for the next week!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Didn't to work out tonight. I'm really disappointed because I love Kenpo. Plan on bringing it tomorrow!

Hopefully, you will get it in on a rest day...I loathe missing a workout, but will swap around stuff to meet the schedule. At least you are not doing back to back resistance days.
  • reepobob
    Options
    I think I might go for Yoga tomorrow, instead of Kenpo... I hate to say it, because so many people love it, but I'm not crazy about Kenpo... I don't feel the intensity that I get from most the other workouts. Someone had mentioned weighted gloves for it, so maybe that would help me get more out of it.

I love Kenpo, but I agree that the cardio burn isn't as good as it could be. I get a higher heart rate on the "breaks", especially when I am doing it at 4:30am on the second floor of a hotel room (don't want to thump the ceiling of my neighbor below). I might start subbing Plyometrics for Kenpo days when I hit Phase 3. My heart rate hovers around 135-145 on Kenpo and I like to get it above 150, up to 160 (average for Core Syn and Cardio-X). It's still fun, though!!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Home from the road!! My house is like a big hotel room tonight because my oldest daughter is working, my middle girl is out with friends, and my wife is out shopping with the munchkin...time to catch up on some NetFlix! I am SO GLAD I got my Kenpo-X on early this morning. I love the freedom on a Friday night. The weather is great and I might just smoke a cigar on the patio tonight (no comments, please, it is my last real remaining vice and it will take a while to unhitch THAT pony...it's on the list).

Legs, Back, and ARX for Saturday and then sweet recovery week awaits me! I plan on upping my weights tomorrow to go out with a bang and will be attempting some unassisted pullups *fingers crossed*.

Everybody, enjoy your weekend...it looks like I will get an additonal cardio burn tomorrow after mowing my lawn for the first time this spring...the damn grass really sprouted while I was out of town.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Legs and back tonight. My knees are ripped today :( not good. But I modified and did my best and forgot the rest :)
    Have a wonderful night all!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Hopefully, you will get it in on a rest day...I loathe missing a workout, but will swap around stuff to meet the schedule. At least you are not doing back to back resistance days.
    Got my kenpo in last night and am getting ready for core syn now. I know it's "ok" to not workout every day but I'm an all or nothing kinda girl :smile: Probably boardline obessive, lol

Have a great weekend and thanks for the encouragement!
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    CurriedGrasshopper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone.

Yesterday I DID find time to kick off week 6. AND I got in a 4k. All after 7:30pm lol... Oh the things a girl will do sometimes eh? But I HAD to get plyo in today, because it's a friends birthday tonight and I knew there was no way I would be able to do Plyo after a night out. So i pressed play and I am glad I did.

Becca - well done on getting Kenpo in!

MAK - how did legs & back go? Gotta go easy on those knees if they're sore :)

Bob - I hope you enjoyed your night at home, but imagine it wasn't the evening at home you anticipated. Good luck on tacking that out of control lawn - mine is still buried in lots of snow :)
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have not checked in for a day or two - but still on track - today is day 35 (not a rest day - I swapped it on THursday) - Today is Kenpo X ! Legs and Back and ARX - it was great, felt very strong on most of hte moves (don't count the balance lunges where I still keep falling over) and I did great on the wall squats - Did really well on ARX - but still need improvement!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Howdy, all! Got Legs and Back and ARX in about 1/2 hour ago...I upped my weights to 15s and increased my reps on pullups and chinups...did a handful unassisted on chin ups and closed grip pull ups but relied on the chair for the majority. I am really bummed. This is one of my favorite workouts and it takes a powder in Phase 3. I won't see this workout again until I start doing Classic in June...what is up with that?!? No leg work in the last 5 weeks of P90X...where is the method to THAT madness?

I am now officially into recovery week for Phase 2. I enjoyed recovery week last phase because I fet SO strong at the end of the week. I believe I WILL stretch tomorrow. I really brought it today and after discounting the burn by 33% (I always do that for weight training routines)...I still show a burn of over 930 calories. I am beat.

For Seinfeld fans, I call this the "sack of oranges" workout, because I always feel like someone beat me with a sack of oranges when I am finished from shoulders to ankles. It's a good beating, though...LOL.

Enjoy your weekend, all! Back on the road tomorrow...
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Deb,

Just a reminder to get in your Legs and Back, and ARX today! Hopefully you saved something after Turbo Fire HIIT this morning. :drinker:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Can someon tell me a little bit about Core Syn (difficulty, type of moves etc).
    I am working on my recovery week schedule, but I have to modify because 1 week from today is my next half marathon... trying to figure out what I should do this week. I dont wanna do nothing... but I dont wanna hurt too much for the race either?
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    today was supposed to be strechX during recovery week phase 1 but i decided to do cardio X instead. i must admit it's a good workout but i was kind of disappointed as it does not have anything new. it's just bits and pieces of other workouts put together.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Can someon tell me a little bit about Core Syn (difficulty, type of moves etc).
    I am working on my recovery week schedule, but I have to modify because 1 week from today is my next half marathon... trying to figure out what I should do this week. I dont wanna do nothing... but I dont wanna hurt too much for the race either?

It's mostly core work, but it has an element of cardio in it as well. The exercises are designed to work mutliple muscle groups at the same time and about half of the exercises utilize relatively light weights. I typically feel this workout pretty much from shoulders to kneecaps. There is a bonus round at the end that you can elect to skip. There are some push up moves, Dreya Rolls, superman-banana, steam engine, run squats. This workout is probably the most encompassing in terms of hitting all major muscle groups and adding an element of cardio. It's one of my favorite workouts...FYI, you will be gassed towards the end.