Starting 30 Day Shred Tomorrow April 4..Who's In?

Options

Replies

• tittiemcnuggets
    Options
    I'm on day 6, woot woot!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Just saw your post and I'm in!:smile:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done!
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Quick question for group members:

I've really thought about doing the 30 day shred for quick, effective workout. However, I have serious troubles with my knees and have had surgery on my left knee. Therefore, my quads aren't very strong. I've heard from a few people that you shouldn't do the 30 day shred if you have knee/joint problems.

Have any of you experienced this problem? Or foresee it being a potential problem?

Thanks for the feedback in advance!

There are a lot of jumping jacks, lunges, and squats involved in the shred, and in the later levels she gets into plyometrics, like jump squats, which I imagine would be very hard on injured knees. She does try to provide modifications for almost everything, but it may still be difficult. Does that help? Sorry about your knees!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Day 5 complete!!!

Wow 2 shreds in less than 12 hrs!! Today has been my highest calorie burn for level 1 with 258.

Just think half way to our first mini goal of completing 10 days of level 1!!

Well have a great workout everyone!b
  • Yummymummy135
    Options
    Day 5 complete too. Endurance better already, sweated more today than any other so far, think its cause I can just do more with every day! Hiring a treadmill next week for 12 weeks so I can do extra cardio.. really want to loose 1-1.5 pounds a week.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    How do you track the video?? I usually use "circuit training general" for 30 minutes.
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Day 5 will be done tonight!! & I lost an inch on my waist, hips AND thighs!!! (rememebr i started about 3 weeks ago, did 9 days then had to stop so I am starting again) so I cant wait to continue and see more results! I never lost pounds which is BEYOND frustrating but I'll take inches!! :) Keep it up people!!

Also I usually only log 20 minutes of circuit training because i dont include warm up & cool down! :)
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Tag. I want to follow this. Starting the Shred the week of the 18th.
  • a_fit_me
    a_fit_me Posts: 103
    Options
    How do you track the video?? I usually use "circuit training general" for 30 minutes.

I usually do "circuit training" as well, but only for 20 min. I am selling myself short!?! Should I be putting it as 30 mins?

I really need to get a HRM. :0)
  • a_fit_me
    Options
    Day 5 Completed...YAY!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I guess you are right... 20 minutes might be more accurate since the warm up & cool down are pretty easy. Bummer, now it seems like I burn less calories lol
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Day 3 = DONE!

Did "No More Trouble Zones" instead of the shred and burned 527 calories. Sweat my butt off too. This DVD takes about an hour though, so it makes sense that I was about to die at the end.

Tomorrow will be Level 1 of 30DS again then Sunday JM Yoga Meltdown, Monday Quick Trouble Zones then Tuesday = BREAK! I may go do the elliptical though, we shall see!

Glad to see so many peeps on this thread! I cannot tell you how bad I wish I had started on Monday instead of Wednesday but I am still here, and plan to be for the full 30 days!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY! :drinker:
  • jennasan
    jennasan Posts: 44
    Options
    Same for me 2 Shreds in 12 hours. Worked a 12 hour day again yesterday and then did Day 4 and it seemed really hard. But I got a lot of rest and was off work today so I got my workouts in earlier. Day 5 =Done ! I also reached my mini goal of 20 lbs so treated myself to massage.
    Have a great weekend everyone!! :wink:
  • mrswibbs
    mrswibbs Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey, I'm on day 2… am I too late…?? Could sure do with the support!!
  • mrswibbs
    mrswibbs Posts: 31
    Options
    Same for me 2 Shreds in 12 hours. Worked a 12 hour day again yesterday and then did Day 4 and it seemed really hard. But I got a lot of rest and was off work today so I got my workouts in earlier. Day 5 =Done ! I also reached my mini goal of 20 lbs so treated myself to massage.
    WOW!! Great work :happy:
  • a_fit_me
    Options

Congrats on the 20lbs loss!! :happy:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Ok forgot to post. I must be really tired,:laugh: Haven't missed a shred so far this week. Day 5 done!!! I have done a 2nd work out 4 out of 5 days as well so I feel pretty good about that, so far so good!! Despite the business of work and family I made time for what's important to me. And everything else got done.
    Proud of all of your accomplishments - it gives me a lot of hope!
    Have a great night
    Janet
  • celina2663
    Options
    Hi guys! I am new so please forgive my ignorance! What is a shred?