THE 10LB CHALLENGE - APRIL 2011

Options

Replies

• meanebaby
    meanebaby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great Job Everyone!! :flowerforyou:

This week's challenge: Give up one day of eating out this week. Packing a lunch at work instead of eating out has helped me to lose this past week.

Good luck this week everyone!! :love:
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a little late posting as well, but...
    last week 180
    this week 178
  • SivirSarah
    Options
    weighing in
    last week 205.6
    this week 205.5
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

This week's challenge: Give up one day of eating out this week. Packing a lunch at work instead of eating out has helped me to lose this past week.

This is EXACTLY what I did last week! I usually "go out" for lunch on Fridays and for 2 weeks I haven't and just ate my healthy lunch- it seems to have gotten me over the plateau I was on
  • tsco
    tsco Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all,

Might be little late to join for a 10 lbs loss by 1 May but I'm in.

CW: 68.5 kg/151lbs
    GW: 66 kg/145
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Sorry...I'm a little late posting.
    Last week: 255.8
    This week: 254.4
    1.4 down!!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options

That is a great challenge! Lose weight and save money :smile:
  • momofJandA
    Options
    checked my BMI- I hate BMI. MUST LOSE this month . . . must
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    So my first week in April was horrible - gained 2 lbs instead of losing any!!! But I'm still going to try and do the 10 lbs in one month because that's really what I need to do for myself!

Here goes to Week 2! CW: 215
  • applesauce610
    Options
    Yay!! Three pounds down :) 7 more to go to hit 10 lbs for the month :)))

SW: 204
    CW: 201

April 1: 204
    April 8: 201
    April 15:
    April 22:
    April 29:
  • ziggygirl2003
    ziggygirl2003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

That's a challenge I can handle, seeing as I never get to eat out anymore. Unless you call grabing a Subway eating out. :wink:
  • neorteg
    neorteg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lost one pound :)
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Ok, I hate to be the bad news bear but, Fridays are the only day that I have time to make the chart and post it so if you want your weight to be on the chart Please post your weight by Fridays. I do this when I am at work when I am not too busy :) Dont tell the boss!! lol! I know this may be inconvenient for some but I cant make everyone happy :cry: I am sorry! If you post throughout the week I will try to use that change on the next chart.

***ALSO*** if you could Please post your weigh in as:
    SW
    CW ----
    if you just post that you lost a pound or that you gained I have to read through all of the previous posts to find your starting weight and it is not fun!

I am so thrilled with everyone’s accomplishments and the amount of people we have returning to this thread!!! We can do this together!!!!

:flowerforyou: Meanbaby, GREAT mini challenge! This is something I really have to work on so thank you for posting it!

I have not done so well with the veggies.....a work in progress for sure!

Thanks again for everyone being so supportive and motivating!! :drinker: WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a while, been moving to our new house!

SW - 170
    CW - 168

2lbs down! Only 8 more to go!
  • Marshall5686
    Marshall5686 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Start of April, 249.5
    As of 4-11, 246 (down 3.5)
    Goal 239.5
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    Options
    I am on the road most of the week - this morning (continental breakfast) I chose to have raisin bran cereal with skim milk and an orange for breakfast! I am going to carry a bottle of water, My goal today at restaurants will be to fill my plate with raw vegetables. Have a great week everyone!
  • dperez108
    dperez108 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    AprilLoss001-1.jpg

:bigsmile: Wow!! Congratulations to everyone!!!! In one week we have managed to lose 40 lbs as a group that is AMAZING!!! WTG Girls!!!!:heart:

It seems we have a tie for first!!

CONGRATULATIONS :drinker:

:love: ~*~ dperez108~*~ and ~*~meanbaby~*~ :love:

both losing a total of 3.2 pounds this week!!!!!!

Now we seem to be a pretty good group so far so I challenge us all to do two additional challenges this week!!! (remember to continue with the previous mini challenge!!!)

:noway: DEPEREZ & MEANBABY......I WOULD LIKE BOTH OF YOU TO POST A CHALLENGE FOR OUR TEAM!!!! Please try to think of something that has contributed to your loss and share it with the group!!!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone for sticking with it! Even if you didnt have a loss or even gained, ....you came back!! And that is the important part!!!

***SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE*** Dont ever forget it! :wink:

The goal for this week is to burn at least 400 calories per day. You can break it up into portions you don't have to do it all at one time. Good Luck to everyone. See ya'll Friday.
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am not doing good on this weeks challenges.:frown: We went out and ate cici's pizza last night....it was good but omgoodness did I feel sick afterwards...so sick that I didnt workout! :sick: So ya, I blew it! But I think it was good cuz I have sworn off greasy foods for a while! lol! On a good note, I did it carrots and strawberries yesterday that made my tummy feel great! :happy: It amazing how food has such a large impact on Everything!! Well, here is to a new beautiful day! :drinker:

Ps...I LOVE Smileys!!!! :bigsmile: :blushing: :laugh: :happy: :love: :flowerforyou: :smokin: :heart:

Can you tell?
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Doing great on not eating out and fruits and veggies- the 400 calories a day is a killer though (at least for me). I need some ideas on how. I go for a brisk walk pushing my 2.5 year old and carrying my 1 year old (in a carrier) for about 45 minutes every day but that only burns 176 calories- not even half!
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    Options
    The goal for this week is to burn at least 400 calories per day. You can break it up into portions you don't have to do it all at one time. Good Luck to everyone. See ya'll Friday.
    [/quote]

I need to share! While in Ottawa, I decided to take the bus or walk were I wanted to go. I got in about 4 hrs of walking which i logged in as walking at a slow pace, the 2 other days I was traveling - takes 8 hrs to get to Ottawa from where I live. I also made the most healthy choices while I eating out... I am happy and looking forward to weighing in...