6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, week 2

Options
Well good Monday morning, and good first morning of week 2! Sadly, after looking at last weeks post, it would seem that A LOT of people gave up on this challenge and our group became a lot smaller than it started off being.

To those of you that are still here, and PUSHED YOURSELVES last week, A BIG YAY for all of you and very awesome that you took this challenge serious and completed week 1, even if you didn't quite make all of the requirements. You plugged away, you worked it, you posted it here, and you completed week one. Now, let me tell you, that is an accomplishment to be proud of. So, be proud, be excited, and be happy that you did it. Then, remember it is week two and even if you didn't make requirements last week, be PUSHING to make them this week. I know it can be done.

To those of you that we have seemed to have lost I was so excited that you were all part of this challenge. I don't know what it is that may have caused you to give up and not stick with it, but I hope maybe you will re-evaluate and come back. Today is day one of week two and you can jump right back in with us. This is not something YOU HAVE to be a part of from day one. This was a challenge that I had originally set for myself and decided to pass on to others to see if they wanted to challenge themselves as well. I am merely trying to get people to PUSH THEMSELVES harder and see what they are actually capable of. We are coming off of a hard, long winter, Spring is here, Summer soon, and I know that if you are here, on MFP, then that means you want to feel/look better. So, what better time than now?

So, here we are everyone, WEEK 2! Let's get it going and let's ROCK the week!

Replies

• williamhobbs
    Options
    What are the goals/rules?
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    so excited for week two !
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Good morning Tracie! I will participate this week, but not sure if I will meet my goals. Its half marathon time in 5 days, which means I have to taper. This means rest.... resting the body so I have an awesome time on Saturday!
  • Kforest0714
    Kforest0714 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had an awesome first week...ready for week 2!!!!
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Good Luck Everyone.. my goal this week is to surpass last weeks achievement! : )
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Everyone.. my goal this week is to surpass last weeks achievement! : )

Same here!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Good morning Tracie! I will participate this week, but not sure if I will meet my goals. Its half marathon time in 5 days, which means I have to taper. This means rest.... resting the body so I have an awesome time on Saturday!

You're killing me Emmaliegh... You'll make it when you do your run duh... You and tracie are killing me in cals burned. I'm pushing to make my 3500 and you do that in one run.... :) Jealous much? Who me? NO :))))
  • bethvandenberg
    Options
    I'm on it! I'm pushing. I'm pushing. I'm pushing..... I'm going to make my goal for sure! :) Well at least I'm going to give it my all. Like I said last week failure isn't an option. LOL.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Here for week two, pushing self to beat last weeks accomplishments:) Good luck to every one!
  • tenniskad2
    Options
    Had a good week, it was hard for me... but I pushed through.. and I'm gonna do even better this week..... for the entire 6 weeks,, I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Got my HRM and went to the gym, did 45 mins elliptical and burned 400 cals and did 15 mins or rowing and burned 150 cals, so even though this will be a challenge week eating wise because of all the guests I have in town at least I will get in my 350 min of exercise and my water...have a great week everyone!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    What are the goals/rules?

Here is the link for the original post that started this whole challenge and it outlines the goals/requirements

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/205120-6-week-push-yourself-challenge
  • Ampierce
    Ampierce Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm still in for week 2 and can't wait to see everyone elses result. Keep up the great work guys! :wink:
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    heres to week 2 , weighed today and lost 3 pounds. today i did my cardio . did turbo cardio party and ab jam. logged 68 mins. trying a new water bottle this week. it is 24 fl oz . if i drank 3 a day i will get 72. filling the second one now. 1/3

since its monday back to work tonight. have my lunch and snacks packed. i think im ready
  • bethvandenberg
    Options
    :) So very happy with myself. Got right after it today. 45min. walk with friends this morning, 35 min. Elliptical Random level 10, 60 min. recumbent bike random hills level 10, and weights today were legs. Got my gallon of water almost finished.

Total today was 1179 or something like that. My legs are sore, my rear is sore, and I'm HUNGRY> Going to go make some pork tenderloin, artichokes, asparagus, rice. :)

Can't wait to see how everyone else's Monday went.
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well i weighed in today at 172 cannot seem to go below 170. Just to give you guys a little background info. I just joined this site yesterday but prior to that i was going to the gym and watching what i eat. I lost a total of around 75lbs. The last 10lbs are a killer but i will keep trying lol. i did 30 mins of Jillian Michaels30 day Shred. I promised my self to complete the 3o days. I also promised myself not to eat pass 7 pm. so far feeling good.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Good evening! I hope everyone had a good Monday : )

W2D1 - Cardio - 82min H2O - 9 glasses
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I forgot we have a new page each week, or maybe I forgot it was Monday. lol. Anyway, I posted this on here earlier today, and since it's for this week, I thought I'd post it here. I'll post my results later.

Good afternoon, everyone! I already got in a surprise workout. I took an 11 minute walk and got the mail. I might just do that every day this week. It wasn't the 20 minutes each day outside like last week, but it's close.

Note: Did I mention how much I love this challenge? I don't have to worry about challenges. The only thing I have to worry about is minutes and water. :)
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    105 minutes in today and 12 8oz glasses of water. Good Monday. ;)