Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find the thread yesterday for whatever reason but I weighed it at 198.5
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    oh jeez... i'm heavier now than i was five weeks ago... not okay. :ohwell: I have five more weeks to turn it around!!

Vbos- I am right there with you. April has not been kind to my waistline. We can do it though!

My goals for this weeks are pretty simple. Do my workouts and stay under my calories.
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    Great job this week, ladies!!!

My goals for this week:

1. REFOCUS!!!! And maintain it! I do really, really well Mon - Thurs, and my weight drops about 3 lbs, but then on the weekends I throw it all out the window! I've got to stop doing that!!
    2. Water - all of it, every day
    3. Exercise - a little bit every day is better than 2-3 major workouts that wipe me out
    4. Stop ordering out and start cooking at home!!!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ladies for another great week. Even if you didn't lose we all stayed committed!

Agirlfromminnesota - Woo Hoo! Great week!

My goals for this week are to get in my lunch hour workouts and get in two strength training sessions.

Thanks Rach for taking care of us.

Karen
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    Thanks again Rach!!

Must get back on the P90X wagon and stop making the "its a sauna in here!" or "I'm tooo sleepy", etc etc excuses! Missed my workout 2 days now and havent set foot to workout in 2 weeks!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay, I NEED to stay off the scale until Monday! I stepped on it after my workout and had sweat out another pound last night. :laugh:

I'm sure it's back now. Ready to kill it this week!!
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Rach--this has been the best topic ever..I have always tried to lose weight since I have ALWAYS been overweight..and knowing I have to lose weight because I have to post it every week, keeps me motivated. Yes, I might have weeks where I get bored with my food and my exercise, but in the end I know it's going to pay off..for example: I have been helping with our Confirmation class at Church, and last night was their ceremony, so I had to dress up. I put on a dress yesterday that did not fit me last November. It felt so good to be able to wear it. I got so many compliment last night. It made me feel so good!!! Down, 24.5 pounds and counting since November. I want to lose another 20 pounds and I know with all the support from this forum and this website, I will be able to do it!!! THANKS AGAIN!!! :-)
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Rach--this has been the best topic ever..I have always tried to lose weight since I have ALWAYS been overweight..and knowing I have to lose weight because I have to post it every week, keeps me motivated. Yes, I might have weeks where I get bored with my food and my exercise, but in the end I know it's going to pay off..for example: I have been helping with our Confirmation class at Church, and last night was their ceremony, so I had to dress up. I put on a dress yesterday that did not fit me last November. It felt so good to be able to wear it. I got so many compliment last night. It made me feel so good!!! Down, 24.5 pounds and counting since November. I want to lose another 20 pounds and I know with all the support from this forum and this website, I will be able to do it!!! THANKS AGAIN!!! :-)

LOVE THIS!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Okay...seeing that I am up 2.2 lbs since starting this has gotten me fired up! I saw my doctor today and will be starting physical therapy soon so there may be a light at the end of the tunnel as far as my running is concerned. That has me feeling a bit better.

In the meantime, I am going to get on the recumbent bike in the mornings (at least 3 each week) despite the fact that it bores me to tears. To help alleviate some of that boredom, I will be studying to get my motorcycle permit in the hopes of getting my motorcycle license this year!

Additionally, I am going to (re)start the 100 PushUps Challenge beginning tomorrow morning since it has been a full week since I have done any at all.

With any luck, I will actually see a loss come Monday!!

Keep up the GREAT work, ladies!!!!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Hopefully next week I can make more of an impact on the final results!! :)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies :) Can't believe we are at the halfway mark.

I'm feeling a little frustrated today. My FIL stayed the night with us Sunday night and last night (don't get me started on him). Since I do TurboFire at home in the mornings in the living room, I have been unable to do it for two days because he sleeps in the living room when he stays over. I'm really getting antsy. I hate for my routine to be messed with, and I was really in the groove of daily workouts. I'm praying he's gone when I get home so that I can workout tonight. Then tomorrow, which is my usual rest day, I will make up yesterday's workout and be back on track 100% I hope. Hate this feeling, though.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe we've lost nearly 240lbs as a whole so far.

Great job everyone. Would love to see a total loss of 500 at the end of the challenge.
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    Good job ladies :) Can't believe we are at the halfway mark.

I'm feeling a little frustrated today. My FIL stayed the night with us Sunday night and last night (don't get me started on him). Since I do TurboFire at home in the mornings in the living room, I have been unable to do it for two days because he sleeps in the living room when he stays over. I'm really getting antsy. I hate for my routine to be messed with, and I was really in the groove of daily workouts. I'm praying he's gone when I get home so that I can workout tonight. Then tomorrow, which is my usual rest day, I will make up yesterday's workout and be back on track 100% I hope. Hate this feeling, though.
    I completely understand you. Between a emotionally exhausting funeral and a physically exhuasting buisness trip I have been off of my exercise groove for 2 weeks! I takes a lot of oomph get up in the morning like that and to eventually like it! It's a super bummer to get thrown off your routine and I know for a fact I'm having a horrible time getting back on it. Two days of excuses! Let's hope we can get it back tomorrow!
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    Good job all!!

My goals this week are to :
    ~Drink 100oz of water a day
    ~Take my vitamins daily
    ~Complete week 7 of P90x
    ~Try to get my husband to not eat out so much on the weekends
    ~Walk about 24 more miles this week (4 miles a day)

Good luck all and way to go! We got this in the bag!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!! great job!

goals...to just keep trucking along. easier tasks on my knees (did some damage to them). So I will just be walking again.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Great job, everybody!

My goal for today, tomorrow & Thursday is to burn at least 500 calories each day. Friday AM I'm heading on a roadtrip, so my only goal starting then is to have fun! ;D
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great job Pin-ups! :)
  • lillie1201
    Options
    Alright ladies. I blew away my goal of 30min exercise and at least 300 calories burned a day, today. After doing 3.3miles on the treadmill I burned almost 700cals!!! Looks like I get a bigger dinner tonight. :happy:

Goals:

-5 more workouts this week (min of 30min and 300cals)
    -At LEAST 64oz of water per day
    -Eat 1400+ cals EVERY day

By next weigh-in......I WILL be 173.5lbs or less! :drinker:

Love your enthusiasm Rach! I think you might have just gotten me to get off my butt and plan some exercise this week! :) BTW, love your new pic- I think your efforts are paying off! :smile:
  • lillie1201
    Options
    Another great week, ladies! And I'm so excited to get a yellow box!!

My on-going goal is to be 175-177 by May 5. That's when I have my final fitting for my wedding dress, and my seamstress took in a little extra for me based on my reaching that weight. I'm at 181.8 right now, and I have a little over three weeks.

You can do it!!!! At your rate, you'll blow it away! :) Do it of course for yourself, then for all of the brides out there (including myself)who never did lose those extra 5 or 10 lbs- you'll be so happy you did! Good luck to you- we're all behind you!! :drinker:
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Way to go this last week, Pin-Ups! I am hoping to maintain this week, as AF decided to grace me with her presence!