ok I need a group/challenge to join cause I need that extra

Options

Replies

• slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    OK, I hope you all don't mind, I'm not going to use the format. I don't plan my workouts because my days are always changing! For today I am planning an hour workout with the family, and hopefully if I have time some pilates!

CW 163
    Gw (for May) 145

Good luck everyone!!
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm in and I'm excited to start! Are we just setting our own goals or are we going to set group goals also? I don't really have a set workout it kind of goes with each day and when I can fit it in between running kids!! And really my only workout is running/walking. I was doing zumba one night a week, but now with daughters softball can't seem to fit it in!! I can use any motivation, support and suggestions that anyone is willing to give. I have plenty of questions!! i really feel pretty clueless about all of this stuff!
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! Hope y'all had a good day.....I kind of agree that I am probably not quite organized enough to plan my workouts ahead of time....I kind of work out with either my daughter or husband and do whatever they are up to!

Hope you are thinking of some good goals and be sure to brag, grumble or shout whenever you need ! We'll be here to cheer you up or cheer you on....

Looks like several are are already kicking some butt and working it out! I just hope I can keep up with you young folk! LOL..

If you haven't noticed, I am a night owl....we usually don't even start working out until about 8:00. So I may not be on here during prime time. Have a good one and I look forward to seeing and hearing some cheering and bragging!
  • Fitfreak199
    Fitfreak199 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    groups are great if you need that extra motivation or to get past that plateau. Everyone's goals are different, so find a group that has similar goals and are reasonable to achieve. There are several just on this site. I'm personally doing the Bodybuilding.com $100,000 transformation challenge. It's a 12 week program that's ending this month. I probably wont win anything, but its an xtra motivational TOOL.....and it was free! Look for it to start again for spring/summer.
  • GGut
    GGut Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    so, heres our group!

- nimmi1302
    - cookiejones
    - acmcoc
    - ashmom86
    - adsmommy
    - slindsey137
    - wagsgirls
    - ggut

shall we do an official weigh in on friday morning? I'll private message everyone to remind them.

so i too think our current format is a bit long... but those who wanna use it go ahead....

lets say that we will at least need the following information:

DATE: (04/13/2011)
    Week: 1
    SW: XXX lbs
    CW: XXX lbs
    GW: XXX lbs (by friday May 27)

it will be easiest to log this information.

i also like the idea of weekly mini goals. like perhaps start week one with:

8 cups of water a day or a total of 56 cups for the week

Anyway. if you guys dont mind, ill private message everyone thursday night to remind to post your official starting stats.

good luck!
  • Shandke
    Options
    Fantastic Gabe....thanks so much for organizing the crew! And please do send out reminders....I am not even sure how to do that!

I like the short form....and setting a weekly goal/challenge! Which by the way, day 1 with no soda! :smile:
    I just hope it gets me off this stupid plateau I've been sitting on for a few weeks!
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    so, heres our group!

- nimmi1302
    - cookiejones
    - acmcoc
    - ashmom86
    - adsmommy
    - slindsey137
    - wagsgirls
    - ggut

shall we do an official weigh in on friday morning? I'll private message everyone to remind them.

so i too think our current format is a bit long... but those who wanna use it go ahead....

lets say that we will at least need the following information:

DATE: (04/13/2011)
    Week: 1
    SW: XXX lbs
    CW: XXX lbs
    GW: XXX lbs (by friday May 27)

it will be easiest to log this information.

i also like the idea of weekly mini goals. like perhaps start week one with:

8 cups of water a day or a total of 56 cups for the week

Anyway. if you guys dont mind, ill private message everyone thursday night to remind to post your official starting stats.

good luck!

Sounds great Gabe!! Thanks...you forgot Shandke though..
  • GGut
    Options
    Oops! I meant to write that she's the boss! :)
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    :laugh:
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Just curious if it is too late to join this group?
  • GGut
    Options
    Nope! Ill private message you tomorrow with details. Welcome to the club!
  • domielo
    domielo Posts: 4
    Options
    hey everyone just started and wanted to know if I can join your challenge as well?
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yipppeeeee! Thanks!
  • Shandke
    Options
    domielo.....welcome! We are just getting the ball rolling so welcome aboard!
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    let me know if not to late to join as well.
    i am always needing that extra accountability to help motivate me :)
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Newcomers are all welcome! I think thats the point of this group, we were all to late for other groups.
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    How is everyone doing with their goals today?

I'm trying to drink my water. I've had 48 oz today, which isn't great, since I taught 2 hours of class :P Gah. Glug, glug, glug.
  • Shandke
    Options
    Cookie.....I wish I could say great, but unfortunately no time to exercise tonight...:cry:
    However...day 2 no soda! Yah. :happy: Just like you...I need to increase my water intake!

Not really looking forward to weigh in tomorrow! I guess time will tell.

Hope everyone is ready to Just Do It and Get 'er Done!
  • Shandke
    Options
    Ok my in-laws are in town this weekend.....not going to be easy to fit in exercise! Really going to have to watch what I eat....which isn't easy over a weekend either! Any suggestions on how to entertain while watching what you eat....I always feel bad if I'm not cooking or offering something to snack on......
  • nimmi1302
    nimmi1302 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all-

Today was a baaad day. Started when I forgot my breakfast/unch/snacks for the day AND my gym bag to workout at lunch. Did not want to eat the unhealthy stuff at work, so ended up starving until lunch. Had chicken pho soup, which wasn't too great, but better than the burgers/fries/chicken alfredo at the cafeteria. Managed to get just 20 min of exercise in. Water: just 4 glasses. Dinner was as planned, so that wasn't too bad.

Chalking this whole day up as a messy one, will start again tomorrow. It's a new day!