10 Week's To June

Options

Replies

• gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Hi
    quick one from me tonight!

Food good and exercise excellent fun but really hard and made me feel a bit sick!

I'm an optimist so don't want to start 'over egging the pudding' but I really think I am finally starting to get a little definition in my stomach - I have the 2 lines which go vertically down appearing! My PT who is more reasonable even said she could see them! I'm not sure how much I'll end up with; I have escaped loose skin everywhere else (and am fairly defined and muscular) but have lots there! My newest pair of Jeans (6 weeks old) can now be pulled down without unfastening and are not safe to run anywhere in!
    Wow Greece sounds great, I used to live in Cyprus and have been on holiday to Crete last summer but have never been to the mainland! The food is my favourite food in all the world!! Have fun Cassie!!!

Keep up the great work everyone!

PS The abs work I did tonight was with kettleballs Jay, so I thought of you!! Lol!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm impressed with that kettleball wo for abs! Wow! Although I still have a long way to go and my weight has plateau'ed for a bit I'm still pretty happy. I do have some accomplishments.

1. The other day I started to see the line down the middle for my abs

2. Today I had to use a smaller sports bra to work out in

3. Yesterday I did that hard abs dvd Perfect Abs - love it, it's the best & it doesn't take long to do, like 8 or 9 mins. I still feel my abs from doing it yesterday, no DOMS today. The kind of DOMS I was having was incapacitating me - ie, if I moved I'd be in great pain, sneezing, coughing, so though I want to do another round of abs today I'll wait till tomorrow. I need to build up muscles there and I feel that doing it too much would not be doing myself any good.

4. My eventual plan with the abs is to do them a lot more but I'm going to build up to it.

5. Burned about 315 cals doing EA Sports Active 2....killer workout.

6. Need to meal plan today at some point.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Hi

Food good and exercise excellent fun but really hard and made me feel a bit sick!

I'm an optimist so don't want to start 'over egging the pudding' but I really think I am finally starting to get a little definition in my stomach - I have the 2 lines which go vertically down appearing! My PT who is more reasonable even said she could see them! I'm not sure how much I'll end up with; I have escaped loose skin everywhere else (and am fairly defined and muscular) but have lots there! My newest pair of Jeans (6 weeks old) can now be pulled down without unfastening and are not safe to run anywhere in!
    Wow Greece sounds great, I used to live in Cyprus and have been on holiday to Crete last summer but have never been to the mainland! The food is my favourite food in all the world!! Have fun Cassie!!!

PS The abs work I did tonight was with kettleballs Jay, so I thought of you!! Lol!

How cool that your are getting definition in your abs. Way to go!!! LOL on the pants, I soooo understand.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm impressed with that kettleball wo for abs! Wow! Although I still have a long way to go and my weight has plateau'ed for a bit I'm still pretty happy. I do have some accomplishments.

1. The other day I started to see the line down the middle for my abs

2. Today I had to use a smaller sports bra to work out in

3. Yesterday I did that hard abs dvd Perfect Abs - love it, it's the best & it doesn't take long to do, like 8 or 9 mins. I still feel my abs from doing it yesterday, no DOMS today. The kind of DOMS I was having was incapacitating me - ie, if I moved I'd be in great pain, sneezing, coughing, so though I want to do another round of abs today I'll wait till tomorrow. I need to build up muscles there and I feel that doing it too much would not be doing myself any good.

4. My eventual plan with the abs is to do them a lot more but I'm going to build up to it.

5. Burned about 315 cals doing EA Sports Active 2....killer workout.

6. Need to meal plan today at some point.

Look at how great you are doing!!! Congrats on the smaller sports bra. Great work outs too
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Kettlebell converts

Steveand Gail sweeeeettttt! What are the rest of you waiting for? Rest day for me today and go home day tomorrow! Food was right on target as usual on the road.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Well, I thought my food journal was going to be much worse than it ended up being however I was not pleased at all with some of the choices I made and trust me when I tell you if I had had chocolate in my house it would have been much worse. Apparently I got rid of sweets a while ago. The reason I don't eat them is because I simply can't, I don't know if anyone will understand this, but I just can't because I lack control, so thank goodness I did not have any. I had probably one of the most emotionally stressful day's at work ever. I have done many cps (child protective services) reports, but never like the one I had to do today. After five hours of talking to a child, security, police, cps and the parents, I was emotionally spent, I had to hold myself back from crying at least 5 times while talking to the parents and just concentrate on breathing due to the situation, it was tough. I don't usually become stressed due to situations with the children I work with because I can't, my job is to make sure they are safe and emotionally stable, but today was very different. I still can not stop thinking about the situation. Right after the first situation was dealt with, I was brought a child that was completely out of control and volatile and I talked calmly while he yelled for 45 min....tough day for me

I had breakfast early and did not eat until 7pm and I was hungry and warn out. I promise you that if I had had sweets in my home, this would be a different update. I almost bought some at the store and put it down because I knew I was going to have to confess if I did (I even tried rationalizing that I would just ignore posting tonight).....I swear this forum is 90% of the reason I did not buy anything. Right now, today, I thank God that I have this accountability and support.

I think I had 138 protein too tired to check right now
    This was my planned rest day, no exercise.

Oh, Gigi, Greece sounds wonderful
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! There is so much to respond to that I don't think I'd be able to get to it all!

Congrats on the loose pants and abs ladies! Those are such awesome NSVs!

I am so jealous of anyone who gets to travel (anywhere really- I LOVE to travel) but especially internationally. I would so love to go to Europe and just see things. That sounds lame, but even the differences in day to day life would fascinate me. You too Jay, to get to travel for your job. So cool!

Congrats Grokette for passing your test!!

Steve, I love DOMS too. I will purposely poke a sore spot to make it hurt more cuz I love it. LMAO. Well not poke it, but rub a sore muscle. You know what I mean.

Gigi- leave it up to me to misread the town you were posting about as "Lasagna." I'm sure I'd love it there. ;)

Kristara- Hugs to you. That kind of job has to be so emotionally draining, and I give props to anyone who puts themselves in such a demanding position. It would break my heart to deal with that stuff day to day.

What else...what else. I forget what else I just read. LOL.

I got to order my personal training textbook today. I was SO BUMMED because Border's and Barnes and Nobles do not stock it. I thought I'd be able to have it in my hand today. But alas, not until Saturday.

I have been really nailing my nutrition for the last few days with absolutely no cheats. I've managed to incorporate a 14 hour fast each day by cutting off eating at 6 or 6:30 and then eating the following morning by 8:30 or later. This has been amazing, because night time is when I tend to derail all my efforts! I love my snacks, and I get caught up in eating back all my calories and end up filling them with less than ideal foods. This has totally gone around that little tendency, and it's actually very freeing to be able to eat a big dinner and not worry about "saving" calories for a snack. the downside is that if my burn is really high for the day, or I have after dinner activity and end up hungry, it's too bad. My deficit has been larger than ideal, and I worry that long term that will be a bad thing. My bodybugg is proving to me that my daily burns are still higher than I was giving myself credit for. My one non workout day still tipped the scales at 3000 cals burned. I know I don't normally sit still for long, and this proves that. Just got to make sure to eat ENOUGH good cals.

My back is feeling much better. Almost normal again. I eased back into a low impact workout yesterday. Since that went fine, I nervously did a Bodyrock workout today, but took it just a "little" easier than I could have. Then followed that up with 20 minutes of interval skipping. I'm a little stiff in my back tonight, but I attribute that not to the workout, but to sitting at my computer for two hours with a dumb program error while trying to file my friend's taxes for her. No good deed goes unpunished ;). But at least I got to be on hold on the phone for an hour and talk to an outsourced person who DID solve the issue. LOL.

Today's profile:

Protein: 133g
    Fat: 39g
    Carbs: 118 (89 net)
    Fiber: 29g
    water: 17
    Cals: 1417 eaten of 1780 available.

Cals burned according to Bodybugg so far today: 2573.

Gonna have a deficit of like 1200 and that's too high.

I feel like I am really leaning out again. For the record Steve, I have been avoiding all wheat/corn/grain carbs just to see how I feel. And it seems to be working, however my energy is dropping drastically the last day or so, and I felt bonk-y during my workout.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Day 18

Burned 320 calories doing Yoga X!

macros for today
    36%carbs (145 grams)
    30%fat (54 grams)
    30%protein (122grams)

Rocked my ratios today!!!

10 glasses of water today!!!

Ok ive really been wanting to try a burpee mile but im a little scared of it!!! If i had somene else who wanted to do it maybe i wouldnt be!!!! Anyone interested in this???
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Jess - the bonking does happen for a while. It's a gene-shift that is neccessary to get through to really feel the amazing effects. If you just trust me, you will blast through it and feel 100% better in about a week of no grains!

Isn't it amazing what just a couple days of 100% clean eating will do? I mean, wow!

Krista - YES YES YES!!! Not having sweets in the home is the #1 best bet for not cheating. It takes a lot of effort to get dressed, leave the house, go buy crap, come home, eat it. Usually our brains catch up to ourselves before we do all this! That's a HUGE victory!

Jane - you don't need to work abs more than twice a week. Don't even do it more than that - you wouldn't work your shoulders every day - don't work your abs. Let them recover, then crush them again!

Gail - I'm so happy for you to be seeing the results you've been looking for - that's just tremendous! It makes you just want to push harder and harder and harder right?

Jenn - your post makes me seriously angry. I mean it. People are such *kitten*. I looked back at your facebook pictures just to remind myself of where you came from - and it's AMAZING. You look like a million bucks. People on these forums will say anything to feel better about themselves. I'm very proud of you and the incredibly hard work you've put in. Ignore them and keep going - you're doing great!

Cassie - I love your attitude. It's amazing that you're the same girl who when we started this didn't cook and didn't eat healthy at all. :) You've come so far in a crazy short amount of time! Enjoy the time traveling - but that doesn't mean enjoy the crappy food! You can experience everything but weight gain while traveling the world!!!!

:)
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    Oh hell Gina... You know how competitive I am.
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    http://whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/

OK, I've been about 90% Paleo for a long while now, and want to take that last step. I'm in the best shape of my life right now - each day, it seems like I get in slightly better shape than I was before. Why not take that last and final step to do it all the way.

I'm committing to 30 days of the Whole9Life.com program. It's hardcore Paleo and I am BEAMING to see the results of finishing this.

Sunday May 15th is the ending date. My plan won't change, I'll keep doing the workout's I've been doing (coincidentally I'll be finishing my 12 week lifting phase that same day) 3 days of lifting, 2ish days cardio, lots of walking (with or without weight) and continuing my basic eating plan. But no more mild cheats. I had been eating cheese and whey protein - I'll cut that out for 30 days and keep the rest clean. I can't wait!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... oh man, this is really exciting!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Oh hell Gina... You know how competitive I am.

Ok Steve when do we want to plan on this??? Its going to be brutal!!! Ive just got to figure out where i can do this without looking like a lunatic!!!
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    Sunday?
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Hi

This is Awesome!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Sunday?

Really, that soon??? You dont even want to think about it??? LOL Where are you going to do it??? I guess i could do it down my dirt road.... but that might be a little weird!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Well, I thought my food journal was going to be much worse than it ended up being however I was not pleased at all with some of the choices I made and trust me when I tell you if I had had chocolate in my house it would have been much worse. Apparently I got rid of sweets a while ago. The reason I don't eat them is because I simply can't, I don't know if anyone will understand this, but I just can't because I lack control, so thank goodness I did not have any. I had probably one of the most emotionally stressful day's at work ever. I have done many cps (child protective services) reports, but never like the one I had to do today. After five hours of talking to a child, security, police, cps and the parents, I was emotionally spent, I had to hold myself back from crying at least 5 times while talking to the parents and just concentrate on breathing due to the situation, it was tough. I don't usually become stressed due to situations with the children I work with because I can't, my job is to make sure they are safe and emotionally stable, but today was very different. I still can not stop thinking about the situation. Right after the first situation was dealt with, I was brought a child that was completely out of control and volatile and I talked calmly while he yelled for 45 min....tough day for me

I had breakfast early and did not eat until 7pm and I was hungry and warn out. I promise you that if I had had sweets in my home, this would be a different update. I almost bought some at the store and put it down because I knew I was going to have to confess if I did (I even tried rationalizing that I would just ignore posting tonight).....I swear this forum is 90% of the reason I did not buy anything. Right now, today, I thank God that I have this accountability and support.

I think I had 138 protein too tired to check right now
    This was my planned rest day, no exercise.

Oh, Gigi, Greece sounds wonderful

Wow.... God bless you, hope your day is better tomorrow!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options

Gigi- leave it up to me to misread the town you were posting about as "Lasagna." I'm sure I'd love it there. ;)

LOL!!!

I got to order my personal training textbook today. I was SO BUMMED because Border's and Barnes and Nobles do not stock it. I thought I'd be able to have it in my hand today. But alas, not until Saturday.

I have been really nailing my nutrition for the last few days with absolutely no cheats. I've managed to incorporate a 14 hour fast each day by cutting off eating at 6 or 6:30 and then eating the following morning by 8:30 or later. This has been amazing, because night time is when I tend to derail all my efforts! I love my snacks, and I get caught up in eating back all my calories and end up filling them with less than ideal foods. This has totally gone around that little tendency, and it's actually very freeing to be able to eat a big dinner and not worry about "saving" calories for a snack. the downside is that if my burn is really high for the day, or I have after dinner activity and end up hungry, it's too bad. My deficit has been larger than ideal, and I worry that long term that will be a bad thing. My bodybugg is proving to me that my daily burns are still higher than I was giving myself credit for. My one non workout day still tipped the scales at 3000 cals burned. I know I don't normally sit still for long, and this proves that. Just got to make sure to eat ENOUGH good cals.

My back is feeling much better. Almost normal again. I eased back into a low impact workout yesterday. Since that went fine, I nervously did a Bodyrock workout today, but took it just a "little" easier than I could have. Then followed that up with 20 minutes of interval skipping. I'm a little stiff in my back tonight, but I attribute that not to the workout, but to sitting at my computer for two hours with a dumb program error while trying to file my friend's taxes for her. No good deed goes unpunished ;). But at least I got to be on hold on the phone for an hour and talk to an outsourced person who DID solve the issue. LOL.

Today's profile:

Protein: 133g
    Fat: 39g
    Carbs: 118 (89 net)
    Fiber: 29g
    water: 17
    Cals: 1417 eaten of 1780 available.

Cals burned according to Bodybugg so far today: 2573.

Gonna have a deficit of like 1200 and that's too high.

I feel like I am really leaning out again. For the record Steve, I have been avoiding all wheat/corn/grain carbs just to see how I feel. And it seems to be working, however my energy is dropping drastically the last day or so, and I felt bonk-y during my workout.

You are doing soooo Awesome!!! Glad your back is feeling better and that you got in a little bodyrock today! ;-) I really want to get a Bodybugg one day soon!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Morning all! I haven't checked in or posted the past couple of days for my own reasons.. any how, I'm making it.

Yesterday I got to teach someone else how to do weights, which was fun because she's totally into wanting to do it. I haven't had anyone to work out with, so I'm hoping she keeps coming.

I took a photo, which I'm about to post as my profile pic, and uploaded it to facebook yesterday, and I think it's cute.. I woke up this morning to a comment saying "eat more chica" and a message saying "I second your friend--- Eat more food!!!!" I feel like my efforts have been totally worthless. I feel like sitting and crying, I've put in a LOT of hard work to gain these 10. (I'm not letting them get to me that badly, but If i felt like a pity party, I would be crying in the corner.)
    Last night, between 7 and 9, i ate 1159 calories. I'm not a binger at all, my dinner was just high calorically. (PB, protein, banana, etc) I don't even know. Unfortunately I am down a pound maybe 1.5, I'm watching it (this is why I weigh daily, my body drops way to fast for me to find out I lost 3 in a week hah) trying to get it to stop, but I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and tomorrow with my trainer we're reevaluating so I'll see what she says.

But, people don't realize sometimes what their effects of a simple comment can be, just think about that any and every time something comes out of your mouth.

Just ignore those people, you are doing Great and you look Amazing!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    http://whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/

OK, I've been about 90% Paleo for a long while now, and want to take that last step. I'm in the best shape of my life right now - each day, it seems like I get in slightly better shape than I was before. Why not take that last and final step to do it all the way.

I'm committing to 30 days of the Whole9Life.com program. It's hardcore Paleo and I am BEAMING to see the results of finishing this.

Sunday May 15th is the ending date. My plan won't change, I'll keep doing the workout's I've been doing (coincidentally I'll be finishing my 12 week lifting phase that same day) 3 days of lifting, 2ish days cardio, lots of walking (with or without weight) and continuing my basic eating plan. But no more mild cheats. I had been eating cheese and whey protein - I'll cut that out for 30 days and keep the rest clean. I can't wait!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... oh man, this is really exciting!

Wow, cant wait to see and hear about your results with this!!! We are still researching this and the primal thing!!!! Im going to order a couple of books on it very soon!!! ;-)
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Wow a mile of burpies, wow!! That would be amazing!!! AMAZING!

I find burpees such an unpleasant experience! I am not sure why! I think I probably don't do them properly as I end up with sore wrists!