10 Week's To June

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• kristarablue
    Options
    Gigi and Steve....you guys are off the hook!!! OMG, I had to google "mile of burpee's" just to make sure I truly understood what you were talking about (because I could not imagine it was what it actually was...LOL). You all are crazy. Love it!!! But flippin crazy...LOL I can't wait to hear how it goes. You should put a video up so we can experience the fun too.

Thank you so much for everyone’s kindness about yesturday and the emails that I received, I am so blessed. Thank you. Today is going to be a great day, I can feel it!! Besides, it is girls night out tonight (this is not as crazy as it sounds, but getting together with friends is always a good time). YAHOO.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow a mile of burpies, wow!! That would be amazing!!! AMAZING!

I find burpees such an unpleasant experience! I am not sure why! I think I probably don't do them properly as I end up with sore wrists!

LOL, I am with you on that one Gail. I find them unpleasant too. Probably because when it is time to do them, it always seems like someone is making me do 400 of them ;)

I feel like I would need to train for something like that! I don't know if I could do a mile right out of the box. I also don't know where I would do them. I know I would look like a maniac, and since everything is paved, I think my hands would be shredded quickly, even with gloves on.

Congrats Steve on the dedication to go 100% Paleo. I'll go to your link in a bit and read. It is amazing how quick the transformations happen with 100% clean. I hope you're right about the energy thing, LMAO. Cuz my butt is draggin!

I think we're all probably pretty familiar with the forums, but for those who aren't, this thread is gonna lock soon! Make sure you come to the new one when it does!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I haven't checked in or posted the past couple of days for my own reasons.. any how, I'm making it.

Yesterday I got to teach someone else how to do weights, which was fun because she's totally into wanting to do it. I haven't had anyone to work out with, so I'm hoping she keeps coming.

I took a photo, which I'm about to post as my profile pic, and uploaded it to facebook yesterday, and I think it's cute.. I woke up this morning to a comment saying "eat more chica" and a message saying "I second your friend--- Eat more food!!!!" I feel like my efforts have been totally worthless. I feel like sitting and crying, I've put in a LOT of hard work to gain these 10. (I'm not letting them get to me that badly, but If i felt like a pity party, I would be crying in the corner.)
    Last night, between 7 and 9, i ate 1159 calories. I'm not a binger at all, my dinner was just high calorically. (PB, protein, banana, etc) I don't even know. Unfortunately I am down a pound maybe 1.5, I'm watching it (this is why I weigh daily, my body drops way to fast for me to find out I lost 3 in a week hah) trying to get it to stop, but I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and tomorrow with my trainer we're reevaluating so I'll see what she says.

But, people don't realize sometimes what their effects of a simple comment can be, just think about that any and every time something comes out of your mouth.

I missed commenting on your post yesterday Jenn, when I meant to. People are so thoughtless sometimes with what they say. They don't understand what it's like to put in all the hard work, and then to have someone criticize it afterwards really sucks. I used to get "go eat a cheeseburger or something" when I was 15 pounds heavier than I am now! And from people who knew me when I was at my heaviest. And I constantly get "Don't lose any more weight!" from people. It irritates me. They don't understand our goals. My husband is probably the worst offender, making comments about me being obsessed and stuff like that. It hurts when you work so hard for something and people find a reason to make it a bad thing. I guess we have to kind of develop a thicker skin and let these things roll off us. It's probably something we will always have to deal with. It's either that or listen to the snide remarks about us being overweight. We can't ever win ;) (((((hugs))))))
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I had only a .6 pound loss this week. Boooooo!!

I know my body is losing fat as I see my body starting to change shape in some ways and also my husband is commenting on my butt being smaller!!! Which was funny, flattering and embarrassing all at the same time as we were in the throws of passion, LMAO!!! Gotta love an honest man.

I want to do the Whole 30 program, but can't purchase the success guide until next week when I get my unemployment check. Our savings is dwindling down and I promised not to spend any "unnecessary" money on things until I go back to work.

Since I am between Paleo and Primal eating now, I don't think it is too much different than what I am currently doing.

Have a GREAT Day everyone!!!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options

I find burpees such an unpleasant experience! I am not sure why! I think I probably don't do them properly as I end up with sore wrists!

LOL, I am with you on that one Gail. I find them unpleasant too. Probably because when it is time to do them, it always seems like someone is making me do 400 of them ;)

Are you talking about me and Steve??? LOL!!! Im wondering if we should start with a half mile Steve!!! I know we did 400 burpees not to long ago but im wondering if this wont be twice as many!!!! Like Jess said maybe we should work our way up, idk i just know i really want to do this at some point!!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I haven't checked in or posted the past couple of days for my own reasons.. any how, I'm making it.

Yesterday I got to teach someone else how to do weights, which was fun because she's totally into wanting to do it. I haven't had anyone to work out with, so I'm hoping she keeps coming.

I took a photo, which I'm about to post as my profile pic, and uploaded it to facebook yesterday, and I think it's cute.. I woke up this morning to a comment saying "eat more chica" and a message saying "I second your friend--- Eat more food!!!!" I feel like my efforts have been totally worthless. I feel like sitting and crying, I've put in a LOT of hard work to gain these 10. (I'm not letting them get to me that badly, but If i felt like a pity party, I would be crying in the corner.)
    Last night, between 7 and 9, i ate 1159 calories. I'm not a binger at all, my dinner was just high calorically. (PB, protein, banana, etc) I don't even know. Unfortunately I am down a pound maybe 1.5, I'm watching it (this is why I weigh daily, my body drops way to fast for me to find out I lost 3 in a week hah) trying to get it to stop, but I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and tomorrow with my trainer we're reevaluating so I'll see what she says.

But, people don't realize sometimes what their effects of a simple comment can be, just think about that any and every time something comes out of your mouth.

unfortunately, we can ALL be stupid and thoughtless sometimes. especially when making a 'joke'. sorry those comments hurt your feelings! :( but if it makes you feel better, we think you are awesome! :D
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    Way to be healthy and prepared and a good example for the rest of us :)
    Cassie I fly airplanes for a living so yes I travel usually 4 days a week every week of my life (except for vacation months). So I pack all of my food ahead a time and bring a soft sided cooler with me and workout dvd's. Its pretty easy actually, we usually have enough time at a layovers to atleast get a workout in. I dont workout everyday anymore, because the kettlebell program Im on now only has 3 workouts per week and the others days are supposed to be rest days. But I think not doing anything 4 days is silly so I try to atleast get 1 sometimes 2 in on the road.
  • ski3r4life
    Options
    Oh my gosh! There is so much to respond to that I don't think I'd be able to get to it all!

Congrats on the loose pants and abs ladies! Those are such awesome NSVs!

I am so jealous of anyone who gets to travel (anywhere really- I LOVE to travel) but especially internationally. I would so love to go to Europe and just see things. That sounds lame, but even the differences in day to day life would fascinate me. You too Jay, to get to travel for your job. So cool!

Congrats Grokette for passing your test!!

Steve, I love DOMS too. I will purposely poke a sore spot to make it hurt more cuz I love it. LMAO. Well not poke it, but rub a sore muscle. You know what I mean.

Gigi- leave it up to me to misread the town you were posting about as "Lasagna." I'm sure I'd love it there. ;)

Kristara- Hugs to you. That kind of job has to be so emotionally draining, and I give props to anyone who puts themselves in such a demanding position. It would break my heart to deal with that stuff day to day.

What else...what else. I forget what else I just read. LOL.

I got to order my personal training textbook today. I was SO BUMMED because Border's and Barnes and Nobles do not stock it. I thought I'd be able to have it in my hand today. But alas, not until Saturday.

I have been really nailing my nutrition for the last few days with absolutely no cheats. I've managed to incorporate a 14 hour fast each day by cutting off eating at 6 or 6:30 and then eating the following morning by 8:30 or later. This has been amazing, because night time is when I tend to derail all my efforts! I love my snacks, and I get caught up in eating back all my calories and end up filling them with less than ideal foods. This has totally gone around that little tendency, and it's actually very freeing to be able to eat a big dinner and not worry about "saving" calories for a snack. the downside is that if my burn is really high for the day, or I have after dinner activity and end up hungry, it's too bad. My deficit has been larger than ideal, and I worry that long term that will be a bad thing. My bodybugg is proving to me that my daily burns are still higher than I was giving myself credit for. My one non workout day still tipped the scales at 3000 cals burned. I know I don't normally sit still for long, and this proves that. Just got to make sure to eat ENOUGH good cals.

My back is feeling much better. Almost normal again. I eased back into a low impact workout yesterday. Since that went fine, I nervously did a Bodyrock workout today, but took it just a "little" easier than I could have. Then followed that up with 20 minutes of interval skipping. I'm a little stiff in my back tonight, but I attribute that not to the workout, but to sitting at my computer for two hours with a dumb program error while trying to file my friend's taxes for her. No good deed goes unpunished ;). But at least I got to be on hold on the phone for an hour and talk to an outsourced person who DID solve the issue. LOL.

Today's profile:

Protein: 133g
    Fat: 39g
    Carbs: 118 (89 net)
    Fiber: 29g
    water: 17
    Cals: 1417 eaten of 1780 available.

Cals burned according to Bodybugg so far today: 2573.

Gonna have a deficit of like 1200 and that's too high.

I feel like I am really leaning out again. For the record Steve, I have been avoiding all wheat/corn/grain carbs just to see how I feel. And it seems to be working, however my energy is dropping drastically the last day or so, and I felt bonk-y during my workout.

Totally impressive! Way to eat clean and keep up the good work :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I FEEL GOOD TODAY! I FEEL GOOD TODAY! I FEEL GOOD TODAY!

i want to shout it from the street corners. lol. i did 15 minutes of yoga with no shakiness or sweating, just some good stretching. a few twinges of pain when changing movements, but i can tell i am healing. doubled up my walk lengths. whoo! the stitches come out tomorrow, and a 2k 'run' (aka walk) on sunday. i think (fingers crossed) i will be ready! the sweet craving went away on their own and i am eating maintenance calories for the rest of this week. i think i will be fine to start back on restricted calories next week. i'm hoping all the extra [water] weight will be gone by next week's weight in!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Cassie I fly airplanes for a living so yes I travel usually 4 days a week every week of my life (except for vacation months). So I pack all of my food ahead a time and bring a soft sided cooler with me and workout dvd's. Its pretty easy actually, we usually have enough time at a layovers to atleast get a workout in. I dont workout everyday anymore, because the kettlebell program Im on now only has 3 workouts per week and the others days are supposed to be rest days. But I think not doing anything 4 days is silly so I try to atleast get 1 sometimes 2 in on the road.

way to be dedicated!
  • godblessourhome
    Options

Are you talking about me and Steve??? LOL!!! Im wondering if we should start with a half mile Steve!!! I know we did 400 burpees not to long ago but im wondering if this wont be twice as many!!!! Like Jess said maybe we should work our way up, idk i just know i really want to do this at some point!!!!

yikes! totally ambitious goal!!! you go!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    My former husband loved to give Newt Rockney speeches so much, I got one during delivery.

that's a funny image. :) i'd have punched him!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I'm going to Greece for vacation! I've been working in France, today is my last day of work and then tomorrow I'm getting on a flight to Greece for two weeks and then I go home to the States!!

i wanna go! you can hide me in your suitcase; i promise i'll be good. :)
  • ski3r4life
    Options
    Gigi and Steve: you are seriously going to do a mile of burpees?? So intense you guys are doing rad!

Steve - I was bummed to see your post on MFP about leaving but I can totally understand... :/ I am glad that you are still going to continue doing the blog and look forward to recipes you post in the future! Thanks for your support!

My check-in for the day: Ate all fruit and a salad, unable to cook at the hostel. I will enjoy traveling but no eating CRAP! Turns out I really love eating healthy and thinking about the way I used to eat just doesn't even make sense to me anymore for so many reasons: I was always hungry, never satisfied, always over on calories and then exercising like hell to burn them (but since I ate complete crap and no proper fuel in my body I went to bed hungry or very irritable). No wonder I never succeeded at weight loss long-term ever before. Still not ready to be 100% clean -- but I actually prefer eating that way!

Keep up the good work everyone :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Hey all.

I am in between classes so I have time to chat with you all now........... I took my certification exam yesteray for the CompTIA Security + exam and I passed it, so I am now Certifiied Computer and Network Security Professional.

Congrats on passing your exam!!!

congrats!
  • ski3r4life
    Options
    I FEEL GOOD TODAY! I FEEL GOOD TODAY! I FEEL GOOD TODAY!

i want to shout it from the street corners. lol. i did 15 minutes of yoga with no shakiness or sweating, just some good stretching. a few twinges of pain when changing movements, but i can tell i am healing. doubled up my walk lengths. whoo! the stitches come out tomorrow, and a 2k 'run' (aka walk) on sunday. i think (fingers crossed) i will be ready! the sweet craving went away on their own and i am eating maintenance calories for the rest of this week. i think i will be fine to start back on restricted calories next week. i'm hoping all the extra [water] weight will be gone by next week's weight in!

CONGRATS - Awesome NSV! Keep up the work rockstar.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm impressed with that kettleball wo for abs! Wow! Although I still have a long way to go and my weight has plateau'ed for a bit I'm still pretty happy. I do have some accomplishments.

1. The other day I started to see the line down the middle for my abs

2. Today I had to use a smaller sports bra to work out in

rock on! that is great stuff!
  • ski3r4life
    Options

Went running, not at all pleased with how I am doing, second time out since cleared by physical therapy. I think I went about 1.75 miles....very disappointing. I called a friend for encouragement, apparently I need to re-evaluate, he gave me a Newt Rockney speech, how is that a good thing?? I got the "well maybe you are just not cut out for it, maybe you just don't want it bad enough, if you wanted it you would be running right now instead of talking to me. You know you are slow anyway......ect." There was no encouragement, no kindness. Just Newt....

I'm about to google Newt Rockney in a minute lol as I have no idea who he is. Take it really easy with the running, if you've only recently been given the ok from PT to do it, it is going to take a little while to get to where you were - keep eating right and doing all the fabulous weights and elliptical etc that you do and have a little grace towards your self! :flowerforyou:

I had a rest day yesterday and so needed it! Food was fine but I find I am really hungry on recovery days! Does anyone else find that?

I was getting hungry and irritable so I started eating more (about 100 cals+ per day). My energy and mood are way better AND the scale moved too after I started eating more. I'm going to keep doing it and see what happens.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Right after the first situation was dealt with, I was brought a child that was completely out of control and volatile and I talked calmly while he yelled for 45 min....tough day for me

yeah, good for you. very, very tough! sorry your day was so draining!