Team UK Numpties vs Softies Week 1 results

Options

Replies

• Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    It's really helpful to have the results in that summary format. I'll have all the tables published by the end of today for weeks 2, 3 and 4. I'm going to message anyone who's disappeared to see if we can fill the gaps in.
    Does anyone know how the googledoc thing works? Because if i do this again, it seems like it might be the way to go ;) But I'm not sure whether you have to give people permission to edit if you created the document yourself. And if so, do you need e-mail addresses, because that wouldn't be feasible....?

Loads of love

Ros x
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Starting weight = (20th March) = 86.5kg = 190.7 lbs
    Week 1 (27th March) = 84.6kg = 186.5 lbs (down 4 lbs)
    Week 2 (3rd April) = 83.9kg = 184.9 lbs (down 1.6 lbs)
    Week 3 (10th April) = 83.9kg = 184.9 lbs (maintained)
    Week 4 (17th April) = 81.9kg = 180.5lbs (down 4.4lbs)
    Week 5 (24th April) = ?
    Week 6 (1st May) = ?
  • Rosy67
    Options
    Week 5 (24th April) = ?
    Week 6 (1st May) = ?

Thanks for that. We actually started the week before- Sunday 13th to Saturday 19th and you gave me 86kg as your starting weight from 13th March. I'm using 2.205 as the conversion factor for everyone who give me their weight in kilos just to standardise it, but its almost exactly the same as yours- 186.9,190.7, 186.5, 185.0, 185.0, 180.6. Hope thats alright by you....
  • Rosy67
    Options
    OK GUYS!

The table is now up and available for viewing. Anyone can edit it if they want the responsibility (just promise not to accidentally delete anything!), or you can carry on posting your updated weight here.

Because of the confusion over the starting date, I have re-entered the data and the results have changed.

The original starting date was stated as Sunday 13th to Saturday 19th March, ie if you weigh on a Monday your start date was Monday 14th, if you weigh in on a Friday, your start date should be Friday 18th March etc.

Some people gave me starting data from the week before, including IanGiles, and because it was so difficult to ignore 13lbs weight loss, I decided to let people start on Fri 11th or Sat 12th, which I shouldn't have, as it has carried on causing confusion ever since.

SO- I've re-jigged it...Start week is strictly Sunday13th to Saturday 19th March, week 1 is Sun 20th to Sat 26th etc etc

worldsbiggestloser.jpg

The bad news is that the Southern Softies won Week one and Week two if we can't count Ian's amazing contribution :sad:

Softies lost 0.96% of their team's bodyweight in week one (Numpties lost 0.77%), and 0.66% in week two (Numpties on 0.61%). However, the Northern Numpties managed to scrape a win in week 3 with 0.43% ot the teams weight lost, compared with the Softies 0.42%.

Individual awards in week 1 go to:
    64Brucey -5.0lbs
    munchiemooka -4.8lbs
    Charli666 -4.5lbs
    midgetgem74, me, chazsucks and kettlewitch all on -4.0lbs

Week 2:
    backinthenines ran away with -5.4lbs
    diverchic73 -4.2lbs and
    chrismisterx -4.0lbs

Week 3 was a bit less dramatic:
    midgetgem74 lost 4lbs (the ones she'd put on the previous week :laugh: )
    zuznana -3.3lbs
    ozycat -3.0lbs (nearly 2% of bodyweight!) and
    Charli666 -3.0lbs

Congratulations to kzeffertt, bjshooter and queenmedusa who are officially no longer overweight, and to smileylittleorange for becoming merely overweight!

You can see the full table here. Take a deep breath first :wink:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqLvoxIPIhOpdGlWYnZqTndOU25KeVhEcDlTTnZzN0E&hl=en&authkey=CMmjofQH

Cut and paste the link. I hope it works....:ohwell:
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yep the link works...great job Rosy!!!!!:flowerforyou:

I haven't been around much so have not updated my weight loss! Here goes......

Week 1: 167
    Week 2: 166
    Week 3: 166
    Week 4: 163

Well done everyone!!! Weight loss looks great on spreadsheet......:bigsmile:
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    fantastic Rosy looks great you are so good to us :)
    Thankyou

x
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Starting weight = (14th March) = 188lbs
    Week 1 (21st March) = 185lbs
    Week 2 (28th March) = 184.5lbs
    Week 3 (4th April) = 183.5lbs
    Week 4 (11th April) = 180.5lbs
    Week 5 (18th April) = 181lbs (TOM, blah!)

Hoping for better news next week, I sooooo want to see 170-something!!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • diverchic73
    Options
    Week 5 (24th April) = ?
    Week 6 (1st May) = ?

Thanks for that. We actually started the week before- Sunday 13th to Saturday 19th and you gave me 86kg as your starting weight from 13th March. I'm using 2.205 as the conversion factor for everyone who give me their weight in kilos just to standardise it, but its almost exactly the same as yours- 186.9,190.7, 186.5, 185.0, 185.0, 180.6. Hope thats alright by you....

That's fine... I think the discrepancies are from using my phone some times and computer other times to submit. flowers.gifhail.gif
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Starting weight = (20th March) = 63 kg - 138.9 lb
    Week 1 (27th March) = 63.6 kg - 140.2 lb
    Week 2 (3rd April) = 62.1 kg - 136.9 lb
    Week 3 (10th April) = 62.3 kg - 137.3 lb
    Week 4 (17th April) = 62.1 kg - 136.9 lb (62.5 kg today, so very gutted)
    Week 5 (24th April) =
    Week 6 (1st May) =

So as you can see, I had no real weight loss for month and a half and I shouldn't really be in this challenge. I would prefer to be taken out as I haven't thought it through and even thought I can lose a bit more, I don't want to anymore. I'm sorry southerners and I can try and but it is not budging and I just really want to have a break and go on maintenance. Can you let me know if it would cause too much hassle for you Rosy to take me out now? I know it's only 2 more weeks, but I don't know if I can take the constant disappointment of gaining and losing the same amount. I need a break from the scale...if that makes sense. I'm sorry. :embarassed:
  • diverchic73
    Options
    Zuznana - congrats at being at a point where you can go onto maintenance for a while. Your profile pic looks phenomenal! I know I've got abs like that... they're just hiding under a few layers of insulation. Enjoy the break from the scales :smile:
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Starting weight = (19th March) = 205.2lbs
    Week 1 (26th March) = 203.2lbs (lost 2lbs)
    Week 2 (2nd April) = 203.2lbs (maintained)
    Week 3 (9th April) = 200.8 (lost 2.4lbs)
    Week 4 (16th April) = 200.0 (lost 0.8lb) - so close to onederland!
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Zuznana - congrats at being at a point where you can go onto maintenance for a while. Your profile pic looks phenomenal! I know I've got abs like that... they're just hiding under a few layers of insulation. Enjoy the break from the scales :smile:

Of course you have. This is just 25 days of the 30 day shred and running 3 times a week with C25K. I'm sure you will see your soon. :laugh:
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm going to bow out of this challenge due to illness. Not because I'm not sticking at it but because I've lost 5 lbs in the last 4 days and it's not fair to put that down to diet and exercise! And just how much does a gallbladder full of big fat stones weigh anyway? Lol. Surgery will be happening on my person fairly soon and very soon if I get another attack of the agonising variety. Good luck everyone and especially to rosy who has got us all motivated despite some trying times.

Sharon x
  • Rosy67
    Options
    Starting weight = (20th March) = 63 kg - 138.9 lb
    Week 1 (27th March) = 63.6 kg - 140.2 lb
    Week 2 (3rd April) = 62.1 kg - 136.9 lb
    Week 3 (10th April) = 62.3 kg - 137.3 lb
    Week 4 (17th April) = 62.1 kg - 136.9 lb (62.5 kg today, so very gutted)
    Week 5 (24th April) =
    Week 6 (1st May) =

So as you can see, I had no real weight loss for month and a half and I shouldn't really be in this challenge. I would prefer to be taken out as I haven't thought it through and even thought I can lose a bit more, I don't want to anymore. I'm sorry southerners and I can try and but it is not budging and I just really want to have a break and go on maintenance. Can you let me know if it would cause too much hassle for you Rosy to take me out now? I know it's only 2 more weeks, but I don't know if I can take the constant disappointment of gaining and losing the same amount. I need a break from the scale...if that makes sense. I'm sorry. :embarassed:

That's absolutely fine. You've done really well, you're well within a healthy range and you should be concentrating on enjoying the fruits of your labours, not torturing yourself for no good reason. I'm v jealous! Good luck with maintaining :)
  • Rosy67
    Options
    Hi all

I'm going to bow out of this challenge due to illness. Not because I'm not sticking at it but because I've lost 5 lbs in the last 4 days and it's not fair to put that down to diet and exercise! And just how much does a gallbladder full of big fat stones weigh anyway? Lol. Surgery will be happening on my person fairly soon and very soon if I get another attack of the agonising variety. Good luck everyone and especially to rosy who has got us all motivated despite some trying times.

Sharon x

Oh Sharon- poor you! Massive hugs. Gallbladders are evil things. I hope all goes well with the surgery. Keep in touch on the team UK thread, won't you ?

R xxxx
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused now as to what week we are on...I weigh on a Monday....and now weigh 239 is that week 4..not sure. Anyway the table looks good Rosy..I wouldn't know where to start to Edit it.but its very impressive.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    SW - 154
    W1 - 151
    W2 - 149
    W3 - 150
    W4 - 151
    W5 - 151 aRGHHHHHHHHH
  • Rosy67
    Options
    I'm a bit confused now as to what week we are on...I weigh on a Monday....and now weigh 239 is that week 4..not sure. Anyway the table looks good Rosy..I wouldn't know where to start to Edit it.but its very impressive.

Monday 19th (yesterday) is week 5. What were you on Monday 12th, Jilly? Then I can put both weights in for you...
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Monday 19th (yesterday) is week 5. What were you on Monday 12th, Jilly? Then I can put both weights in for you...
    Thanks Rosy, I was 240
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Realised I've got a bit behind with logging this so trawled through and found the link to the spreadsheet. Have updated with last 2 weigh ins and I think it has saved it properly. :happy:

Brilliant effort Rosy - thanks again.