Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 47

Options

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Well...Birthday weekend was a big success! Still weigh what I weighed Friday but still up from my ticker...gonna get back to it today. Tracking calories at least today since I can't get a workout in. :drinker:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Was in Baltimore this weekend and went CRAZY!

Sure I'm up at least 5 lbs. Time to get serious again!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Sorry I was MIA again....

No loss for last week, but I'm okay with that. Hopefully, I'll see one this coming Friday. It was a busy, exhausting weekend for me and I am looking forward to going home and going to bed.

I spent two days training new volunteers for therapeutic horseback riding in the windy, cold Minnesota weather. We even had 2" of snow on the ground when I woke up Saturday morning. Ick! My eating was SO much better than it would have been even a year ago, so I'm proud of that. It's better for the week than it was the past few, too, so another win.

Momma: WW is going well. It's not real motivating, but it makes so much more sense to me than simply counting the calories and it's becoming easier to track.

Ladeb: Congrats on the size 12 pants!

Jess: Sounds like you had a good weekend with drinking, wieners, and trying to get into the wrong hotel room....Happy Birthday!

Debbie: Happy Birthday and congrats on the new laptop!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    lstpaul, you are always amazing when it comes to exercise!

Jess, I hope you had a great birthday and I am glad to hear no damage.

Elmox, it is nice to see you! I hope Baltimore was great and I know you can get back to it as well.

I am doing some "spring" cleaning. I am actually taking a break. I decided not to count the first hour since that is what I usually do. But now I am getting down to the nitty gritty where I am cleaning walls and moving furniture to vacuum behind and I am going to count that as part of my cal burn. I just trying to decide if I am going to claim "light" or heavy cleaning. I know it is heavy with the furniture but I am not moving the stuff the entire time. I think I just made up my mind. Back to my crazy cleaning.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    momma24: PLEASE come over and do my spring cleaning!!!!!! My house needs you!!!! :wink:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ha lstpaul, I am exhausted... I cleaned like a crazy woman. My husband probably won't notice and it will make me mad!!!:)
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, ladies!!

Today was my first day at my new job. I'm REALLY going to like this company. They have their heads in the right place. I'll post more later :)
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    tsout - congrats on the new job , glad it sounds like a good company

Heather - Thank you :smile:

had an okay bday today , had to go do cici's tonight for serena's basketball trophy dinner. so of course that wasn't good.

was playing kinnects with serena i was out of breath , i was like dang this is harder than it looks.
  • elmox
    Options
    Hooray for tstout's new job! So exciting to find a good fit!
    Deb, glad to see you more and that you are loving your xbox and new laptop. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Momma, that's some impressive cleaning!

Checking in from yesterday:
    Cals - Over. Sigh. But not as much as this weekend....win??
    Water - Only 48 oz, no wonder I'm so thirsty!
    Exercise - Nada
    Proud - Only ordered one glass of wine at dinner...??
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Teresa: So happy to hear you're going to like the new job. Yay! So exciting!

Not much to report here. I spent some time with my horse last night, then read the new issues of fitness magazines that have been piling up on my kitchen counter. It was nice to just relax and go to bed at a decent time. I still don't feel like I'm caught up on sleep, but it's a good start. I'm hoping to have a similar evening tonight with the 4-6" of snow moving in.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over, but not worried
    Water: 40 oz.
    Exercise: Spent time with my horse...lots of walking
    Proud: Got a single burger instead of a double?
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

Jess: Sounds like you had a good weekend with drinking, wieners, and trying to get into the wrong hotel room....Happy Birthday!
    HAHAHAHAHA...it was a great weekend full of all of those things!

Yesterday was the first day I tracked in a long time. For dinner I had 958 calories left for the day. I went to the baseball game so I don't know to track what I ate. I had a sausage on a stick and a lemon chill. No beer! Success!

Plan to get back to working out on a regular basis soon. Have stuff planned every night this week almost. Been sleeping through my morning alarm. I'm up by 5:45 am and not getting home and in bed till after midnight this week. It's gonna be crazy!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hey sisters!

I dont even want to get into wat I have been through the last few months so lets just move on with life...checking in this morning at 208.8

Blue- I hope to see you around I have missed your sarcasm
    Momma- I love that you take care of us
    Julie- I am so sorry about your brother, I am really horrible in saying the right things at times like this so I just want you to know that I had you and your family in my thoughts.
    Meoooook where are uuuuuuu? Miss ya girlie!
    Heather- How are things with the BF?
    deb- kept up with u on fb that move sounded insane! glad ur getting settled!
    Lauren- how dare you come to Bmore and not visit me?! haha jk I forgive you!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Cris! I'm so happy to see you!!

Things with the boyfriend are still awesome, though he was feeling a little neglected over the weekend because I was busy training new volunteers for the riding program. We're busy trying to decide where and when to go camping this summer. Fun, fun!

I hope you're here to stay this time, lady, because I've missed you!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Hi girls - I haven't shared anything from my nutrition class recently so I thought you might be interested in this article from the place I'm taking a nutrition class:
    http://weightandwellness.com/whywegetfat.html
    and good blog that is linked in the above article - from someone who lost 90 pounds eating the way I'm trying to:
    http://mylifelivedwithfat.wordpress.com/

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: pretty good
    exercise: good
    water: I think pretty good but didn't track
    proud: that I did fairly well at my kid's swim team banquet (catered pasta dinner)

I'm struggling a little today, I'm almost out of calories. Will be a light dinner.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am still here!! The weather over here has been rainy and cold..so I feel like I am in hibernation mode. Hope it gets nice this Easter weekend so that I can go and try to hike again. Gained 2 pounds this last week so totally need to get back on track..I hope most of that is due to TOM and water weight..but I have to be honest with myself..I have not been tracking what I eat as well as I know I could!! How is everyone else doing? Hope all is well.

Andrea
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Cris! I'm so happy to see you!!

Things with the boyfriend are still awesome, though he was feeling a little neglected over the weekend because I was busy training new volunteers for the riding program. We're busy trying to decide where and when to go camping this summer. Fun, fun!

I hope you're here to stay this time, lady, because I've missed you!

Wanna switch bf's!? hahahahaha....
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Bah, I wanted to express my dislike for something.

This woman at work has been blabbing on and on about how she's going to have lap band surgery in a couple of weeks. That alone irritated me since she's constantly talking about how she's doing Jenny Craig & then a week later I hear her say something like "Do you want to go eat a Cracker Barrel?" (regional very calorific, albeit very delicious, southern food) and the next day is "What do you want from Hardee's?" (regional fast food HUMONGOUS mayoriffic burger joint) :indifferent:

But today, I saw this heffer park in VISITOR parking just so she wouldn't have to walk across the parking lot to the building. SERIOUSLY?! I know it's not so much my business, but I was pretty close to calling her out. Especially considering I was waddling my almost 7 month pregnant *kitten* in from the parking lot across the street (it's really not that far -- maybe 1/5 mile tops!). :laugh: But I bit my tongue -- even when she didn't bother holding the door for me (I was seriously 2 steps behind her - it was pretty much more inconvenient for her NOT to hold the door for 1/2 a second).

/rant :tongue:

On a positive note, I somehow ended up 400 calories under maintenance and under 2000mg sodium yesterday. I hope I'm able to make that a trend. I haven't been on a scale since last Friday but it wasn't good then and I'm sure it's worse now. I've been doing a lot of emotional eating.
  • elmox
    Options
    Julie, preach on sister. But, OMG - you're almost 7 months!?!?!? Time flies. We need to start working on your MFP shower!

Cals - Over, but under maintenance. Given the past week, this is actually a good thing.
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - Walked about 1.5 miles
    Proud - Putting the finishing touches on a presentation I'm giving today. Fingers crossed for me around 2 p.m. ET!

One day I hope to be normal again and chat. Until then, thanks for letting me fly by with my quickie posts!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Lauren -- I'm really about 6.5 months. I just like to round up. :tongue:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    lstpaul: Thanks for the article. I'll definitely take a look at it when I get a chance.

Jess: No way! I love my boyfriend and wouldn't give him up, not even for a day!

Julie: We have Cracker Barrel and Hardee's in Minnesota...or, used to anyway. The numbers are dwindling and it might have something to do with the fact that I've gotten food poisoning at both of them! Fun fact: Boyfriend's dad used to be a manager at a Hardee's.
    Anyway, it sounds like your co-worker just wants the "easy" way out of being miserable in her own body. We all know that just because someone has the surgery, weight loss doesn't come easily. In fact, it might be worse considering how sick they can get from overeating and how little you're allowed to eat in one sitting. Also, we all know that if the mentality doesn't change, the body doesn't either. Just know you're being healthy in what you're doing and that you're a nice enough person to hold open a door for someone; especially a waddling pregnant woman!

Water: On target!
    Exercise: None
    Proud: I had to get smaller bras! Down from a 38D to a 36D!