ok I need a group/challenge to join cause I need that extra

Options

Replies

• ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey all--I had a crazy long weekend!! Did not even have a chance to fill out my food journal..TSK TSK on me. Not going to stress it and start fresh today!! I intend to work extra hard this week so the numbers on the scale decrease come Friday. :happy: I did drink all my water every day, considering that is all I drink. LOL Well aside from coffee..anyway, how was everyone else's weekend???

I see there are a few new faces in the group!! Welcome all!! Lets encourage eachother!!! I know I need it!!! This is one battle you can only take on alone for so long!!!

I might not be on here too much this week, I have a heavy load in classes this week, preparing for finals. But I will make time to check in on Friday for sure!! Good luck this week everyone!!! Keep on smiling :bigsmile: Remember the best food is the food that had a mom or grew in the ground!! Haha!!
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    Just made a yummy little lunch, challenge friends. :) Thought I'd share!

I rinsed some miracle noodles, then just sauteed it with some low sodium salsa and diced chicken breast. Topped it with the vegan cheese, parsley and fresh basil. It was sooooo good and only 200 calories.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • crazycat585
    crazycat585 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just made a yummy little lunch, challenge friends. :) Thought I'd share!

I rinsed some miracle noodles, then just sauteed it with some low sodium salsa and diced chicken breast. Topped it with the vegan cheese, parsley and fresh basil. It was sooooo good and only 200 calories.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Where do you buy miracle noodles????
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    I get them at my local natural food store. They have 'em in the fridge section where all the tofu is. Failing that, a lot of asian stores will have konyaku noodles. a similar, low-carb, root-based noodle. They're quite yummy :)
  • domielo
    domielo Posts: 4
    Options
    So went to the running room today for my first run since high school, went well although could not finish the run since feet was hurting but oh well next week will be better.

I Then went to the gym to see a friend and decided to weight myself since this weekend was I was a bit too loose on the diet. HUGE surprise the scale was putting about 20 lbs more!!!!!! I want to think that it`s water weight, it was the end of the day, ect but still can some one gain 20 lbs in 3 days?!?!?

I will pay more attention to my diet and train better this week to make up this and hopefully Friday wont be a bad surprise.:S

2130176.png

====================
    DATE: (04/15/2011)
    Week: 1
    SW: 243.2 lbs
    CW: 243.2lbs
    GW: 220 lbs (by friday May 27)
    ====================
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ok calling all group members......I think we need a name and to start a new post under our new name! The "ok I need a group/challenge to join.....doesn't quite hack it......

So....name suggestions? Here is one option......

"The What do you have to Lose Crew"
  • Anolte76
    Anolte76 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thanks for the add...
    CW=266
    GW=248 by June 4th (first goal)
    exercise plan for the week= Cardio 5x a week, ST arms MWF and ST legs TR
  • crazycat585
    Options
    I get them at my local natural food store. They have 'em in the fridge section where all the tofu is. Failing that, a lot of asian stores will have konyaku noodles. a similar, low-carb, root-based noodle. They're quite yummy :)
    I'll have to look into that :) Do you have any other healthy low cal meal ideas?? I always get stuck on the same things over an over!
  • ashmom86
    Options
    Id like to join also!!! I need motivation and some friends on here...I have like none and keep falling off the wagon :(
    SW: 198
    CW: 176
    STG:160 by June 2nd for vegas!!!
    GW:145-150

Welcome! I added you :D Good luck this week!!
  • crazycat585
    Options
    Id like to join also!!! I need motivation and some friends on here...I have like none and keep falling off the wagon :(

Thanks!!! I need all the luck i can get haha
  • nimmi1302
    nimmi1302 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ok calling all group members......I think we need a name and to start a new post under our new name! The "ok I need a group/challenge to join.....doesn't quite hack it......

I like it!
  • ashmom86
    Options

Ugh...me too!! I have so many good days then I get into a funk and eat mostly good but there is always one thing that throws me off!! Like I had top ramen for dinner because I hate cooking for just myself. Lol. I know it sounds silly but eh its no fun. Anyway, I am here for support and motivation as well as the rest of the MFPers!!!
    Thanks!!! I need all the luck i can get haha
  • missxena
    missxena Posts: 70
    Options

sounds good to me :smile:
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Determined To Lose Crew
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl!
    It sounds like you were weighing yourself on a different scale than you usually do? IE. the one at the gym instead of the one at home? I would guess most of the difference you are seeing would come from the two scales being calibrated differently.

I don't really think it's physically possible to gain 20 lbs in 3 days. For it to be a real gain, that's 70,000 excess calories consumed. At about 20,000 calories per day, that's an order of magnitude more calories than the average daily allotment, and like 10 whole pizzas a day.

For it to be water weight, you'd have to have consumed about 13 glasses of water every day, and not have gotten rid of any of the excess.

Basically, all of that goes to say, it pretty much has to have been a fluke. Even if it was the same scale, it had to have been a fluke. My scale occasionally will read about 10 lbs off, and scare the **** out of me!

Good luck with your weigh in, and let us know how it goes!!!!
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    I like both of the name ideas!! So question we are weighing in on fri. morn again right?! Is our challenge still the water challenge or did it change and I missed it?! Now are we just changing challenges each week or are we adding a challenge to what we already have? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I just want to make sure I'm doing things right!!
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    I like both of the name ideas!! So question we are weighing in on fri. morn again right?! Is our challenge still the water challenge or did it change and I missed it?! Now are we just changing challenges each week or are we adding a challenge to what we already have? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I just want to make sure I'm doing things right!!

Hey there.....yes I think our standard weigh in day should be Friday morning. I didn't see any new challenges out there...so our drink more water goal still works for me! Since you started this....we can call it whatever you like! If we get just a couple of votes we will start the new topic for further postings, goals and discussions!

From the postings it looks like everyone is doing pretty good with the typical challenges....it's just nice to see others with the same issues I am having....for some reason it makes me feel like I can get over it and not let it drag me down totally!
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So here is one place I need help! Everyday I log in my food and excercise and when I hit the complete button it will tell me "if everyday were like today you would weigh _ _ _lbs. in 5 weeks" ok well hows come my weight is not changing? It has been telling me I would be under my current weight for more than 5 weeks now and my scale is not moving? This just confuses me!! Sorry if I ask a lot of questions on here but this weight loss thing is just not my area of expertise!! I didn't really have to worry about it growing up, but now it has caught up with me!! I just find it difficult to know what to eat there are so many different things out there to follow. There are times I think I'm eating healthy , but I'm not really sure. And grocery shopping drives me crazy cause I don't know what to get. My hubby isn't really on board with the weight loss but I would like to slip in what I can without him really knowing! He is 6ft about 280lbs. I worry for his future health and I'm trying to start my kids healthy now( my youngest is a little chubby, nothing to really worry about but still!) Anyway, we are a busy family especially now with softball so its very hard! Sorry for the long post, but when I said I needed a group I really meant it!! :smile:
  • crazycat585
    Options
    How much water do you all try to drink daily?